Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Comin' at ya!

Why do you love DisneyWorld BETTER than DisneyLand?

DON'T MOVE THIS! This fits here, just let me explain...

In this disneyworld section, I am asking why you love DisneyWorld Beter than DisneyLand. Give your response. I am also adding a thread on the DisneyLand section which will ask the same thing but the opposite (why do you love disneyland better than disneyworld). If you DO love disneyland better than disneyworld, go to that section and explain there..Dont' say "but I love disneland better" instead, just go to that area. Two areas...One question

Why do you love disneyworld better than disneyland?
    "Pain is temporary, Film is Forever..."

http://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyDude

• Comin' at ya!

Re: Why do you love DisneyWorld BETTER than DisneyLand?

DisneyLand (cal) DisneyWorld (florida) is how I've always been told... But yes, that's what I mean. California vs Florida.

CORRECTION:
    Magic Kingdom to DisneyLand to be more specific
    "Pain is temporary, Film is Forever..."

http://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyDude

• Banned User

Well I love Disneyland Paris better than EITHER, BUT, I've always loved the Magic Kingdom, troubled child it has become. I like the Castle better. I like the hub better. The hub is an island and I like the fact that you must cross a bridge over water to get to each land. I like Adventureland better (minus that freaking Aladding thing). I like Frontierland better. I like the logic in how you move from East to West, across America, from Liberty Square in the east to Big Thunder in the far west (so thought out the way they did it). I like the bigger Space Mountain (needs to be updated). I like that they still have the people mover. I like the fact that the park sits on the edge of the Seven Seas Lagoon, and you take a ferry arcoss that large body of water to arrive at the entrance to the Magic Kingdom. I like the almost life size facades of Main Street (even though it's become a pitiful plush mall and Center Street West was closed off to become a Disney Costco of Plush). I like the train station better. Tomorrow land still has it's rockets on top of the Gantry....

If the MK at WDW made all the changes I'd like them too I'd like it equally with Disneyland Paris, based on the park itself. Still, sitting on the edge of the Seven Seas Lagoon is a really big thing for me.

More: I always liked the Jungle Cruise at the MK better because of the scene where you travel through the interior of the temple with the monkeys in it, and Adventureland still has the SWISS FAMILY treehouse.
    Last edited by NickCharles; 02-06-2007 at 06:32 PM. Reason: more information

• Kungaloosh

I like WDW better then Disneyland because of Pleasure Island.
    AN ADVENTURER'S LIFE IS BEST!

KUNGALOOSH!

• Jambo!

Augh... Another Disney World vs. Disneyland Thread. For me, neither is better than the other, they are just different. Disneyland has good things, as does Disney World. But Disney World edges oput the other for me because it's closer.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by goofgeek View Post
    Augh... Another Disney World vs. Disneyland Thread. For me, neither is better than the other, they are just different. Disneyland has good things, as does Disney World. But Disney World edges oput the other for me because it's closer.
    Yeah that's true, I mean, Disneyland has things that the MK doesn't and some things that NO other park has. For instance, Matterhorn, Mr. Toad and Alice in Wonderland.

Blog Entries

Since I've never been able to get to California yet I can't really answer this. I think however that I'd have to say that Disneyland is a much better park than the Magic Kingdom, however as a whole, I'd take the entire WDW resort over the Disneyland resort.

• I was deleted.

How about we compare the resorts as a whole instead of one park vs. another? I enjoy the Walt Disney World Resort more as a whole because of Epcot and the Disney-MGM Studios. I would rather spend a day at Disneyland than the Magic Kingdom; however, I would enjoy park hopping between Disneyland and Epcot over DCA.

• Mountain Dew User

Blog Entries

I like Disneyland better, sorry WDW, but DL is where it all started, not saying I wouldn't want to visit WDW, I would just rather visit the origional park.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Size, of course. Size matters, don't you think? DL and MK are highly similar. DCA and Disney-MGM Studios share many of the same attractions. But, EPCOT and DAK are each quite unique. The water parks are awesome, too.

As big as it is, why do the WDW suits have such little hearts? Why did the kick Santa out of the park so hard that you could hear him bounce when he landed out in the parking lot?
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Jail Bondswoman of RCMC

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BigPigletFan View Post
    How about we compare the resorts as a whole instead of one park vs. another? I enjoy the Walt Disney World Resort more as a whole because of Epcot and the Disney-MGM Studios. I would rather spend a day at Disneyland than the Magic Kingdom; however, I would enjoy park hopping between Disneyland and Epcot over DCA.
    it would be a bit cruel to do the entire resorts, since they are each different.

Please no more West Coast Vs East Coast. Each park has it own unquie qualities to it.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey joe View Post
    Please no more West Coast Vs East Coast. Each park has it own unquie qualities to it.
    My humble appologies. Sometimes I just get to Coasting along...and say these silly, stupid things.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• ISTC Instructor

I'm going to go for Magic Kingdom, but of course I could be biased because I worked at Disney World. But having gone to Magic Kingdom so much and then back to Disneyland, I feel cramped and fell like a sardine when it is crowded because its smaller size.

Another thing I love is the Columbia Harbor House! It is my favorite place to eat on a rainy day (when is it not in Florida). Nothing like eating fish when it's stormy out. Maybee that's just something I enjoy.
    Last edited by DocPaddock; 02-06-2007 at 07:29 PM. Reason: grammatical errors
    Always follow your dreams...

• Me and Tommy Kirk

I love them both. If I had to choose, it would be Disneyland mostly for the Matterhorn and It's a Small World, and because of Walt, however, when I get the chance to get out to WDW you better believe I'm thrilled! I think I love MK because it's so remote out there among the lakes and the trees. You can see the castle from all around and it's so gorgeous.

Both parks are wonderful!

(You can catch this same post on the Disneyland thread. My theme park gate swings both ways)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast