Many new changes to Magic Kingdom

Hello everyone, I just took a one day trip to the parks here at Disney World yesturday and noticed a whole lot of changes and am now wondering why I haven't heard anything related on these forums. To start off with it seems that Pirates has gotten even more minute changes, majorly in lighting, the lighting in pirates seems much more vibrant and rich since it has reopened. The opening scene after the new Davy Jones effect has gotten some nice blue lighting and now also lights up the cave wall to the right hand side of the boat across from the skelleton with the bird in his hat. Also as your leaving the attraction up the ramp you can now hear Davy Jones much like you can hear him up the lift hill at the end of the Disneyland attraction, its very neat. Onto Splash Mountain the new paint job here is amazing and it seems they have also got alot of new lights as well mostly in the behive scenes where there is alot of black light use and also they have finally covered all those lage outdoor speakers that used to be a tan color which was way off from the mountains color scheme. Now my favorite part, The Haunted Mansion. I'm eagerly awaiting the new changes coming to the mansion and is seems like changes on the outside have already begun. It was getting dark and I decided to wait a little while outside of the mansion to see if I could see the "moving lights in the windows" I've always heard about but never saw. And much to my surprise there was a whole new lightning effect, bright flashing light covered the entire mansion and even trees near by, I remembered the old lightning effect how it just covered a small portion of the house on the right side, which I found quite pathetic. Also I did see many lights moving about in the windows but one of the major ones was a light in the greenhouse/ conservatory on the right side of the house, whatever you want to call it. Every once in a while a light would flicker up in there and move around as if someone walked in and was looking around, it cast dark shadows of plants and pots, it was very very cool. I'm very excited to see the changes to come, and it looks like they are at least trying to update our Magic Kingdom in some small ways finally, its good to see.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Re: Many new changes to Magic Kingdom

Well hello fellow Tampa Bay Area resident.

I did not even know about those little hints on the Haunted Mansion, I will definitely look for them when I go.

I did notice the Davy Jones voice at the end of Pirates but I guess I just don't mention the little details but your absolutely right how they make the experience a lot better.

Thanks so much for this!

• World Traveler

Thanks for the update! It's nice to know Disney is upgrading this amazing attraction.

• Mouse Extra Dave

perhaps we are beginning to "incline" a bit after all. The HM stuff sounds great. I'll have to check it out.
    "You are not the first to pass this way..."
    Mouse Extra
    feeding the Disney addiction daily
    http://www.mouseextra.com/

• Banned User

wow.. yet another Tampa bay resident. welcome to micechat, thanks for the information...

Well guys, I'm talking to a certain insider right now and it seems like some of this may just be tests and trials, the mansion stuff I mean, because i hear that at this moment the facade of the Mansion is being gutted, so hopefully none of these mysterious lights are coming from workers, i hightly doubt it becasue they happened almost on a loop. but like I said they might be tests for further and greater effects to make the Mansion more creepy.

• Jambo!

Quote Originally Posted by MstGracey View Post
    Well guys, I'm talking to a certain insider right now and it seems like some of this may just be tests and trials, the mansion stuff I mean, because i hear that at this moment the facade of the Mansion is being gutted, so hopefully none of these mysterious lights are coming from workers, i hightly doubt it becasue they happened almost on a loop. but like I said they might be tests for further and greater effects to make the Mansion more creepy.
    Just about anything added to the Mansion right now would probably be a plus right now. It's good to see they are trying a few things out and also very good to see they did more than expected at Splash Mountain during the refurb. Now let's hope they continue this and possibly give Space Mountain some love it desperately needs.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by MstGracey View Post
    Hello everyone, I just took a one day trip to the parks here at Disney World yesturday and noticed a whole lot of changes and am now wondering why I haven't heard anything related on these forums. To start off with it seems that Pirates has gotten even more minute changes, majorly in lighting, the lighting in pirates seems much more vibrant and rich since it has reopened. The opening scene after the new Davy Jones effect has gotten some nice blue lighting and now also lights up the cave wall to the right hand side of the boat across from the skelleton with the bird in his hat. Also as your leaving the attraction up the ramp you can now hear Davy Jones much like you can hear him up the lift hill at the end of the Disneyland attraction, its very neat. Onto Splash Mountain the new paint job here is amazing and it seems they have also got alot of new lights as well mostly in the behive scenes where there is alot of black light use and also they have finally covered all those lage outdoor speakers that used to be a tan color which was way off from the mountains color scheme. Now my favorite part, The Haunted Mansion. I'm eagerly awaiting the new changes coming to the mansion and is seems like changes on the outside have already begun. It was getting dark and I decided to wait a little while outside of the mansion to see if I could see the "moving lights in the windows" I've always heard about but never saw. And much to my surprise there was a whole new lightning effect, bright flashing light covered the entire mansion and even trees near by, I remembered the old lightning effect how it just covered a small portion of the house on the right side, which I found quite pathetic. Also I did see many lights moving about in the windows but one of the major ones was a light in the greenhouse/ conservatory on the right side of the house, whatever you want to call it. Every once in a while a light would flicker up in there and move around as if someone walked in and was looking around, it cast dark shadows of plants and pots, it was very very cool. I'm very excited to see the changes to come, and it looks like they are at least trying to update our Magic Kingdom in some small ways finally, its good to see.
    So basically Team Disney Orlando has finally decided to start doing there jobs?

Great update btw

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

It's about time!

You know, sometimes a park really needs to hit rock bottom before it can begin to climb again. Lets hope these are the first in a plethora of improvements that this magical place gets!
    In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of fate.

DoppelV

• Monorail Racer

Sounds great! This stuff regarding the outside of the Mansion would be pretty interesting to see. Every so often there's a resurgence in wanting to bring back some of the magic that fades when budgets become such a priority.
    Warning: Portions of this attraction are intense and may not be appropriate for younger children.