Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• If We Can Dream It...

Lightbulb How to handle a fiasco(IMO) by Horizonsfan

With how crazy the whole Epcot 25th situation has gotten (and trust me, I'm more than a little mad). And with how the EP 25th thread has sort-of drifted away into a stock market discussion, I've been thinking about how Disney could logically still create a "celebration" if they were smart.

1) Re-Design of ROE to a 25th show. Essentially the same show w/ more fireworks, 25th tags and a couple of other extra effects.
    2) Re-Dress the Wand: Finally, Disney could have a "reason" for why the wand has stayed up. They could re-do the "sign" part of it to show that it's the 25th. After the celebration, remove it.
    3) Special Stage show at the American Gardens Theater. I'm not quite sure what it would be about.
    4) This is an interesting one as I give you two options (let me know which one you like better:
    Option A)Announce the Closing of WOL. I know most right now are going "Whaaaat?" but, just bear with me. By announcing the closing of WOL they can re-purpose the pavilion as a temporary Epcot-history pavillion. They could use one of the multiple "small" theaters for a history-video. Where all the excerise equipment currently is (fitness fairgrounds), they could have all sorts of old epcot props, models, etc. Finally, Body Wars and Crainium Command could be advertised as "Final Engagements". The pavilion could receive a small amount of re-dressing (banners, special signs, etc)
    Option B) Use the World Showplace building as a Epcot-history area. By having it in this location obviously you could construct a some-what better theater venue for the History movie and have TONS more of Epcot's history on display, heck, you could recreate some old ride scenes.
    5)Announce Epcot's "Presents". Finally, and this would probably be the most difficult one to pull off, a whole bunch of projects would be greenlighted and announced for Epcot. Sort of like WDC's birthday gift to Epcot. This could include such things as: a WOL replacement, Imagination! overhaul, new Innoventions exhibits, etc.)

Well, hopefully you liked one or more of my ideas. What I was trying to do was come up with something that is actually still feasible with the current timetable. Feel free to share your own ideas and give your opinion on mine.
    - Horizonsfan

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Re: How to handle a fiasco(IMO) by Horizonsfan

Quote Originally Posted by horizonsfan92 View Post
    With how crazy the whole Epcot 25th situation has gotten (and trust me, I'm more than a little mad). And with how the EP 25th thread has sort-of drifted away into a stock market discussion, I've been thinking about how Disney could logically still create a "celebration" if they were smart.

1) Re-Design of ROE to a 25th show. Essentially the same show w/ more fireworks, 25th tags and a couple of other extra effects.
    2) Re-Dress the Wand: Finally, Disney could have a "reason" for why the wand has stayed up. They could re-do the "sign" part of it to show that it's the 25th. After the celebration, remove it.
    3) Special Stage show at the American Gardens Theater. I'm not quite sure what it would be about.
    4) This is an interesting one as I give you two options (let me know which one you like better:
    Option A)Announce the Closing of WOL. I know most right now are going "Whaaaat?" but, just bear with me. By announcing the closing of WOL they can re-purpose the pavilion as a temporary Epcot-history pavillion. They could use one of the multiple "small" theaters for a history-video. Where all the excerise equipment currently is (fitness fairgrounds), they could have all sorts of old epcot props, models, etc. Finally, Body Wars and Crainium Command could be advertised as "Final Engagements". The pavilion could receive a small amount of re-dressing (banners, special signs, etc)
    Option B) Use the World Showplace building as a Epcot-history area. By having it in this location obviously you could construct a some-what better theater venue for the History movie and have TONS more of Epcot's history on display, heck, you could recreate some old ride scenes.
    5)Announce Epcot's "Presents". Finally, and this would probably be the most difficult one to pull off, a whole bunch of projects would be greenlighted and announced for Epcot. Sort of like WDC's birthday gift to Epcot. This could include such things as: a WOL replacement, Imagination! overhaul, new Innoventions exhibits, etc.)

Well, hopefully you liked one or more of my ideas. What I was trying to do was come up with something that is actually still feasible with the current timetable. Feel free to share your own ideas and give your opinion on mine.
    I like the EPCOT history idea a lot! Especially since this park is all about "looking back at tomorrow, and looking ahead at the future."

Great ideas!
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Vehicle rotating backward

I wouldn't mind an EPCOT history event, especially if it was filled with details about the EPCOT utopia city, but it doesn't need to be at WoL, does it? Seems the whole Character Connection/Fountainview/hallway area could hold that.

I think Future World's biggest problem is that it's just begging for a Time pavillion, but too many rides feature time travel already. SSE: Time travel. UoE: Time travel. WoM-RIP: Time travel. Horizons-RIP: Time travel. In fact, Horizons came closest to actually being a time pavilion but was sort of a technology pavilion instead.

Time is the remaining element of metaphysics not properly given it's own home in Future World, but instead it's an element found all over the place. Actually, there's also spirituality, but I always like to joke that it's what the Imagination pavillion is for (yeah, I know, I know.)

I like the idea of an Epcot history pavilion. There's still time to do a good job of putting that together.

But otherwise, at this point, I don't think I want them trying to throw anything else together. Simple is better than hasty.

• The Darkness to Light

Rhythms of the World - New York City Beat (AKA the original run)

But that is just me being hopeful. If they do end up bringing that here, they'd butcher it like with Cinderellabration by adding unnecissary talking and lyrical translations the equvilent to a Godzilla movie.

But if they do everything RIGHT and not change anything that should not be changed for the American Audience, then maybe, just maybe, Epcot will finally have a character show that celebrates what the World Showcase was designed for.

• Loves Mickey!

Horizonsfan92 those ideas sound great especially the history pavillion idea. The fireworks idea and the 25th tags are also great and would not be difficult to do. I don't think it will happen but certainly it is doable.

• If We Can Dream It...

oh trust me, I know this stuff isn't going to happen. Personally, I think it's better to think and dream than to complain and whine. I really appreciate everyone's thoughts on the matter.

What is such a bummer is that with the way Disney works, these ideas are almost guaranteed not to happen now. I really wish there was some way that disney could accept public ideas. I for one, would love for Disney to use my ideas, of course, maybe there's a reason they don't.

Keep those comments coming!
    - Horizonsfan

• Banned User

two things i would like to see that have nothing to do with an anniversary, take down the wand and a new version of illuminations since it's been 7 years since ROE premiered. also they could have a special commemorative birthday ceremony on oct 1, maybe rededicate the park or something but I really don't want to see another 14 month long anniversary.

• May the F=ma be with you

I would not want to play around too much with RoE. I like the other ideas though.

Quote Originally Posted by Phonedave View Post
    Well, if your parents can't teach you, maybe you can learn from a taser.

i think it might be nice for them to announce a replacement for WOL for after the 25th too

• Pilot EdForceOne

I thought world showcase was already ecpot's 'history show' cause it's still showing the same old stuff!

• If We Can Dream It...

^^Good one!^^

Sadly, El Rio Del Tempo, Epcot's Magical Mexican Time Machine, won't be the same on the 25th. Talk about a buzzkill...
    - Horizonsfan

Anything at this stage would be better than nothing. Canada raft ride, American Inventors showcase, History, but alas we don't even get T-Shirts. Disney not selling T-Shirts! craziness...

• KING OF CABMF'S

4) Announce the Closing of WOL.
    the only problem wirth that is
    1: WoL needs a sponsor (like test track has GM and mission: space has HP, and RoE has Sylvania) i asked a cast member, he said "it is only open in december, then closes down for the rest of the year until they have a sponsor once again". the rest of the year it is used as a get together space for the drama camps and cheerleaders
    2: I LIKE THAT PLACE. i know it is kinda corny to say i like that place, but i really do. I like the house that is tilted with the camera distortions, and the playgrounds, and body wars. I hope that some place like wal-mart pharmacy or some company related to the pavilion will sponsor it. that place is worth keeping.

take part of inniventions and make an epcot history thing there. Just refurb WoL and fix the restaurant, maybe redecorate the place, but the other ideas are good
    ADD ME.[:

WHAT I'VE LEARNED FROM MICECHAT...
    1. IF YOU APPRECIATE SOMETHING THAT ISN'T THE MAJORITY OPINION, YOU'RE NOT WANTED HERE.
    2. IF THERE'S CHIPPED PAINT IN THE QUEUE FOR A LINE, EXPECT SOMEONE TO WRITE OUT A BIG STORY BASHING IT. WOOHOO.
    3. IF YOU'RE UNDER THE AGE OF 24, YOU'RE AN 'EISNER BRAT.'
    4. PEOPLE WHO ARE DEEMED AS 'MODERATORS' AND OTHER ADMINISTRATION ARE MORE IMPORTANT DIETIES THAN JESUS CHRIST.
    5. YOU CAN EXCPECT TO BE BADLY REPPED IF YOU TRY AND MAKE A SERIOUS POINT.
    6. YOU ARENT TAKEN SERIOUS IF YOU'RE UNDER THE AGE OF 16.
    7. AS AN ADD-ON TO #6, YOU SHOULD BE TREATED AS A SUBORDINATEIF YOU ARE IN A THEME PARK WAITING 30 MINUTES IN LINE FOR A DRINK WHILE SOMEONE HAS TO RECOUNT PIZZAS.
    8. "Disney may not care to hear your comments, but we do." WTFFF??? THIS ISN'T A DISNEY FAN FORUM, IT'S A DISNETY BASHING SITE.
    9. CERTAIN PEOPLE OVER ANALYZE A SIMPLE THREAD AND CONSIDER IT TO BE A CONTRACT FULL OF LOOPHOLES THAT HE/SHE CAN GET AROUND.
    AND FINALLY...
    10. PROLONGED USE OF THIS SITE CAN CAUSE AN EXTREME HATE OF DISNEY AND ALL DISNEY RELATED THINGS.

M-U-H Muhfukka.
    [:

• If We Can Dream It...

Don't Get me wrong, I love Cranium Command & WOL but, a change needs to come. (Anyone seen Alien: Resurection? WOL is sort of like that mutated Sigorne Weaver, it's begging to be put out of it's misery.) Epcot rides need to be changed or, preferably, just updated every 10 years or sooner. With that, WOL should of been updated way back in '99. Of course, I'm sure the money that would of went toward it being updated went towards the millenium crap.

Everything has its time and WOL's is up. If no one is willing to sponsor this pavilion and it's theme, maybe, WDI should just come up with a new concept or revive an old one (wink, wink, nudge, nudge). I don't really care, something needs to be done with it, that space should be home to a quality, entertaining, informative, and up-to-date pavilion.
    - Horizonsfan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast