Disney Stars and Motor Cars Parade

The 2007 Unofficial Guide makes it sound like the Stars and Motor Cars parade changed in the summer of 2006 to be a little more like DCA's Block Party Bash. Can anyone confirm or refute this? Nowhere else says this and all other resources seem to indicate that the parade is the same as it has been. This would be an awful change for us if so and I am hoping it is not true. Block Party Bash is not a parade and not something our young boys wanted to see. In 2005 the Stars and Motor Cars parade was our kidís favorite and we had to see it several times. If it is anything like Block Party Bash we would probably skip it.

• A New Kind Of Villain

Re: Disney Stars and Motor Cars Parade

When I saw it back last month it seemed like a regular run of the mill parade to me.

They had major audio sync issues. The audio was way behind where the parade was at from our vantage point; but it in no way whatsoever resembled Block Party Bash.
    Julie Rei

"Not everyone can become a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere." - Anton Ego (Ratatouille)

"I suppose you have no choice but to revolutionize the world." -Mikage Souji (Revolutionary Girl Utena)

Thanks LOL. It is a run of the mill parade but our young kids love it and they absolutely did not like Block Party Bash when they saw it. It appeared to be an entertaining show but not a parade and not for our kids.

• Characters are my friends

Nope, still the same old Stars and Motor Cars parade. However, last time I saw it they had taken out the Cars section and put the Grand Marshall car back in instead.
    Many as a kid (1986-1998)Aug 98- Port OrleansMarch 03- Jr Band Trip (offsite)Aug 03- Port OrleansJan 12-Aug 5, 05- CP (CS)Jan 1-5, 06- AS Sports (Solo Trip)May 24, 06 to Jan 5, 07- CP (CS)Jan 31-Feb 3, 07- offsite (solo trip)March 1-3, 2007- Dad + Me (offsite)May 16-Aug 10, 07- CP (CS)Aug 10-12, 07- GF/P&PMay 21-Aug 15, 08- CP (PC)Aug 15-18, 08- AKLMarch 25-29, 09 (off-site)Aug 10, 09-Jan 2, 10- CP (CS)Jan 3-May 14, 2010- CP (CS)Feb 12-16, 2012: DCL DreamOct 20-27, 2012: DCL Fantasy (East)Sept 8-12, 2013: DCL Dream

Jan 12- Aug 5, 2005- Fantasyland Merchandise
    May 24, 2006 to Jan 5, 2007- Character Attendant
    May 16- Aug 10, 2007- Epcot WS Custodial/Seasonal CA
    May 21- July 5, 2008: Casey's (QSFB); July 6-Aug 15, 2008: character attendant
    Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010: Toy Story Mania
    Jan 3-May 14, 2010: Great Movie Ride
    May 16, 2010~ Fulltime
    Montclair State Campus Rep- Fall 07, Spring 08, Fall 08, Spring 09

Thanks everyone.

• Banned User

i think what the guide was saying was that it was going to be replaced with block party bash as stars and motorcars was supposed to go to paris. Stars and motorcars was cool in the begginning when they had live announcers at stratigic spots throughout the parade route. I really don't like the canned comments now cause they never sinc up.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Quote Originally Posted by Sadako View Post
    They had major audio sync issues. The audio was way behind where the parade was at from our vantage point;
    Thats because the parade commentary is "broadcast" from the Brown Derby...so all the sync of talk & parade lines up the closer you are to the Derby.

Quote Originally Posted by tloolgb View Post
    Thats because the parade commentary is "broadcast" from the Brown Derby...so all the sync of talk & parade lines up the closer you are to the Derby.
    That is correct "Gabrielle Huntington and Stone Granite" are broadcasting "live" from the Hollywood Brown Derby. If you are watching the parade from the area in front of the Hat or the Brown derby the "syncing" issues will be correct. Therefore if you are watching the parade on Hollywood Boulevard closer to the Crossroads, then the parade will be out of sync because the announcement you are hearing is what is supposedly happening in front of the Brown Derby.

• KING OF CABMF'S

Quote Originally Posted by FMTX View Post
    The 2007 Unofficial Guide makes it sound like the Stars and Motor Cars parade changed in the summer of 2006 to be a little more like DCA's Block Party Bash. Can anyone confirm or refute this? Nowhere else says this and all other resources seem to indicate that the parade is the same as it has been. This would be an awful change for us if so and I am hoping it is not true. Block Party Bash is not a parade and not something our young boys wanted to see. In 2005 the Stars and Motor Cars parade was our kid’s favorite and we had to see it several times. If it is anything like Block Party Bash we would probably skip it.
    personally, i dont care what they do with that attraction. The only attraction i enjoy at MGM is tower of terror. Although i dislike the attraction, i do believe that they will be adding new details to the show .
    P.S. this is post no. 200 for me!
    ADD ME.[:

WHAT I'VE LEARNED FROM MICECHAT...
    1. IF YOU APPRECIATE SOMETHING THAT ISN'T THE MAJORITY OPINION, YOU'RE NOT WANTED HERE.
    2. IF THERE'S CHIPPED PAINT IN THE QUEUE FOR A LINE, EXPECT SOMEONE TO WRITE OUT A BIG STORY BASHING IT. WOOHOO.
    3. IF YOU'RE UNDER THE AGE OF 24, YOU'RE AN 'EISNER BRAT.'
    4. PEOPLE WHO ARE DEEMED AS 'MODERATORS' AND OTHER ADMINISTRATION ARE MORE IMPORTANT DIETIES THAN JESUS CHRIST.
    5. YOU CAN EXCPECT TO BE BADLY REPPED IF YOU TRY AND MAKE A SERIOUS POINT.
    6. YOU ARENT TAKEN SERIOUS IF YOU'RE UNDER THE AGE OF 16.
    7. AS AN ADD-ON TO #6, YOU SHOULD BE TREATED AS A SUBORDINATEIF YOU ARE IN A THEME PARK WAITING 30 MINUTES IN LINE FOR A DRINK WHILE SOMEONE HAS TO RECOUNT PIZZAS.
    8. "Disney may not care to hear your comments, but we do." WTFFF??? THIS ISN'T A DISNEY FAN FORUM, IT'S A DISNETY BASHING SITE.
    9. CERTAIN PEOPLE OVER ANALYZE A SIMPLE THREAD AND CONSIDER IT TO BE A CONTRACT FULL OF LOOPHOLES THAT HE/SHE CAN GET AROUND.
    AND FINALLY...
    10. PROLONGED USE OF THIS SITE CAN CAUSE AN EXTREME HATE OF DISNEY AND ALL DISNEY RELATED THINGS.

M-U-H Muhfukka.
    [: