Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Summer's Epcot TR (With Photos!)

Hey there! My honey Phil and I went to WDW for the weekend to celebrate Valentine's Day. We went to Epcot for 2 days, it didn't start out that way but we wanted to see so much that we took both days to really enjoy the park. My trip report will be highlights more than a walk through as I think that might flow better than a play by play.

As always you can view all of the photos from my trip HERE as I take over 100 photos in one day, I only really showcase my favorites.

We stayed at the Port Orleans Riverside, Magnolia Bend section. Here was the building we staying in..

Here was the view from our room..

We ate breakfast at Boma's, IMHO the best non character breakfast buffet in all the world.

The heated pool looked really beautiful first thing in the morning, I must say the area was very calming.

Epcot was beautiful as always, I promise that I am going to get a shot without that stupid wand, I almost had it here!

I caught my honey playing in the fountains, they are always so much fun.

SOME NEWS!!!

Turtle Talk has now been officially moved to the old theater in the Seas Pavilion.

They queued us up in the exit area of the old theater, logistically I hope they improve it because right now they squeeze about 100 people through one tiny door.

I think Living with the Land is very underrated but I like that geeky educational stuff anyway.

(See the hidden mickey above? )

(Or how about below?

We took a couple boat rides, one we sat in the back. Florida was in the 40's and 50's both days we were there. COLD! Brrr Can you tell we were cold?

We spent most of our time in World Showcase though, going through every country. There are so many places to get lost, we loved it!

Mexico has always been my favorite, I love the ambiance.

Reflections of China I had never seen before and I was completely blown away by the images. The story was kind of dated but the beautiful pictures were great!

Italy..

We stopped by caught the Voices of Liberty, so beautiful, the woman in blue has the most amazing voice.

For lunch we had Japan for the first time, the chef was so funny, the food was so great and I highly recommend it to anyone who likes Japanese food.

VOLCANO!!! Hehe

United Kingdom..

Oh look its Canada! And what is that blue building that is "supposed" to disappear into the sky? Why its Soarin of course! I kind of think it looks like a big wave is about to slam into Canada, trick of the eyes.

This duck was so cute, he was trying to catch some Zzzz's but it was very cold.

Apparently they shot off a rocket at the Kennedy Space Center and I managed to get a photo, was very cool to witness it.

Something interesting happened to me while I was there. I discovered something called Pocky? in Japan?

What's this?

Chocolaty Goodness ? We shall see...

Mmm, what an interesting taste!

Summer Approves!!

I am no longer a Pocky virgin.

Oh and ignore the hair, it was totally windy that day and I gave up around breakfast.

So that's it really, other than discovering a lot more about Innoventions that I didn't know before we had a really great weekend.
    Last edited by SummerInFL; 02-19-2007 at 09:28 PM.

• Banned User

Re: Summer's Epcot TR (With Photos!)

ok, you need a break.. you have gone more than me.. lol

nice small photos...

-off to universal I go next Saturday...-

• Banned User

Summer... sorry I missed you at WDW this past weekend but I was at HKDL and TDR for my valentines weekend. And I have you know... there are over 25 different Pocky stick flavors to choose from in Japan. My favorite? Whilte chocolate with coconut.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    Summer... sorry I missed you at WDW this past weekend but I was at HKDL and TDR for my valentines weekend. And I have you know... there are over 25 different Pocky stick flavors to choose from in Japan. My favorite? Whilte chocolate with coconut.
    No problem hun, I hope you had a great time in Japan! We will get together sometimes soon I'm sure.

I have a quick question...

Wasn't the China film recently updated? I noticed that in a couple of threads now that people say China needs a new film, but isn't the one they're using only like four or five years old?

I remember that the old show was called Wonders of China.

Anyway though, great pics!
    In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of fate.

DoppelV

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by DoppelV View Post
    I have a quick question...

Wasn't the China film recently updated? I noticed that in a couple of threads now that people say China needs a new film, but isn't the one they're using only like four or five years old?

I remember that the old show was called Wonders of China.
    You are correct. The film was update about 2 yrs ago, just before the opening of the HKDL Preview exhibit. So..NO, there is no need to update this film again at this time.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL View Post
    No problem hun, I hope you had a great time in Japan! We will get together sometimes soon I'm sure.
    I am sure we'll do a meet soon. Japan however was a bit rainy and Hong Kong was smoggy, as you will see in the report pictures I will post in those section by wednesday.

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

Great pictures! I'm so craving a trip to WDW lately and you're not helping! thanks for sharing

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• SpitSpot!

Summer, your China photo is stunning! Thanks for sharing your pictures with us! I have been home 43 days and I already want to go back!!!!
    "First of all I would like to make one thing perfectly clear.
    I never explain anything." Mary Poppins
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/26132873@N00/

• For You!

Loved the hair - it's the windblown look! Nice pictures. Thanks for sharing!

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• Senior Minion

Thanks for sharing your most recent trip. I love to see pictures of Epcot.
    How nice of you to make the pictures smaller for some of the members with slower ISP'S.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Banned User

Summer,

You were just Pockyfied!

• Minion

pocky has made it to the epcot TR's. Great report!

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Great report Summer.

Did you say that Turtle Talk has been moved to the Land Pavilion?
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Why can't you tune a fish

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post

I am partial to Men's Pocky myself. Luckly I can get it all locally, along with Pocari Sweat . There are some things about living in this area that makes it worthwhile. The abundance if various ethnic shops is one of them.

-dave

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast