Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• golly gawrrsh

Dining plan and annual passes

I was once told that it would be cheaper to purchase an annual pass rather then a 10 day park pass and since we are thinking of a 14 day trip next april the same would be true with a 12 day or 14 day pass.

And while we can’t book this online (they only allow 10 days max) we can book it direct with Disney.

Is this true? How much is an annual pass?

Also

Last year when we booked our trip we had to have at least 1 day park admission to get the dining plan. Is that still true? And if the dining plan is linked with your resort stay why do you have to purchase park passes to get the plan?
    șoș Sometimes Patrick, sometimes Karen.
    We'll let you decided who types what șoș

Re: Dining plan and annual passes

Quote Originally Posted by cooknthyme View Post
    I was once told that it would be cheaper to purchase an annual pass rather then a 10 day park pass and since we are thinking of a 14 day trip next april the same would be true with a 12 day or 14 day pass.

And while we can’t book this online (they only allow 10 days max) we can book it direct with Disney.

An annual pass is
    $462.21. A 10-day park hopper that doesn't expire is $435.59 if purchased in advance.

You need to run the numbers to see if it works out for you. The breakeven point used to be 12-14 days, since they started the Magic Your Way tickets in 2005, I think it is more than that. You also need to figure in the fact that you can possibly get a resort room discount.

Read this http://www.allearsnet.com/pl/breakeven.php and http://www.mousesavers.com/packagevsap.html .

Also, AP holders can also get the Disney Dining Experience card, as well as many other benefits, see http://www.allearsnet.com/pl/apass.htm for full details.

Last year when we booked our trip we had to have at least 1 day park admission to get the dining plan. Is that still true? And if the dining plan is linked with your resort stay why do you have to purchase park passes to get the plan?
    The Dining plan is part of a Magic Your Way PACKAGE, and a package must contain at least room and tickets, and optionally dining, airfare, transfers, and insurance.

In order to make a minimal package, you must have at least a 1 day park pass.

Hope this helps.

-Joe

• Starwisher

Also, every person in a room has to be on the same package. You'd have to purchase one day park admission per person.
    Don't make me come in there!

• Why can't you tune a fish

Quote Originally Posted by DreamComeTrueJoe View Post

Also, AP holders can also get the Disney Dining Experience card, as well as many other benefits, see http://www.allearsnet.com/pl/apass.htm for full details.
    Yes yes a thousand times yes. The DDE is a wondeful thing to have if you like sit down restaruants and have a large group.

-dave

• KING OF CABMF'S

Quote Originally Posted by cooknthyme View Post

Also

wow, i thought the AP was just for florida residents... well, now i am confused... have fun at WDW
    ADD ME.[:

WHAT I'VE LEARNED FROM MICECHAT...
    1. IF YOU APPRECIATE SOMETHING THAT ISN'T THE MAJORITY OPINION, YOU'RE NOT WANTED HERE.
    2. IF THERE'S CHIPPED PAINT IN THE QUEUE FOR A LINE, EXPECT SOMEONE TO WRITE OUT A BIG STORY BASHING IT. WOOHOO.
    3. IF YOU'RE UNDER THE AGE OF 24, YOU'RE AN 'EISNER BRAT.'
    4. PEOPLE WHO ARE DEEMED AS 'MODERATORS' AND OTHER ADMINISTRATION ARE MORE IMPORTANT DIETIES THAN JESUS CHRIST.
    5. YOU CAN EXCPECT TO BE BADLY REPPED IF YOU TRY AND MAKE A SERIOUS POINT.
    6. YOU ARENT TAKEN SERIOUS IF YOU'RE UNDER THE AGE OF 16.
    7. AS AN ADD-ON TO #6, YOU SHOULD BE TREATED AS A SUBORDINATEIF YOU ARE IN A THEME PARK WAITING 30 MINUTES IN LINE FOR A DRINK WHILE SOMEONE HAS TO RECOUNT PIZZAS.
    8. "Disney may not care to hear your comments, but we do." WTFFF??? THIS ISN'T A DISNEY FAN FORUM, IT'S A DISNETY BASHING SITE.
    9. CERTAIN PEOPLE OVER ANALYZE A SIMPLE THREAD AND CONSIDER IT TO BE A CONTRACT FULL OF LOOPHOLES THAT HE/SHE CAN GET AROUND.
    AND FINALLY...
    10. PROLONGED USE OF THIS SITE CAN CAUSE AN EXTREME HATE OF DISNEY AND ALL DISNEY RELATED THINGS.

M-U-H Muhfukka.
    [:

Quote Originally Posted by evanescence4ever View Post
    wow, i thought the AP was just for florida residents... well, now i am confused... have fun at WDW

The AP has been available for our of state people for quite some time. It just costs more

The Disney Dining Experence, which is an extra $60, gets you - in a nutshell - 20% off all sit down dining (there is in reality a list of restaruants and some are not on there, and there are some other perks, but thats the general idea)

The DDE used to be only available to Florida residents. Last year they made it available to AP holders no matter where you live

-dave

For such a long trip, the Disney Dining Plan may not be the best thing, since your days would most likely be planned around your reservations (not a good thing in my book). The DDE allows you more flexibility while still providing a good value.

Also, with an Annual Pass, you receive discounts at many places around WDW - dining, merchandise, and tour discounts, for example, not to mention the potential room discount. For your 14-day trip, if I were in your shoes, I would purchase an AP.

As luck would have it, I got my DDE renewal form in the mail today.

Here are the current prices

Florida Resident (AP not required) - $85.00
    Cast Member - $80.00
    Annual/Seasonal Pass Holder - $65.00
    Florida Resident Non-Passholder renewal - $70.00
    Secondary Membership - $25.00

A secondary membership puts another name on your card. The card gets the holder and up to 9 others a 20% discount, but the person who's name is on the card must be there. Its non-transferable. The Secondary Membership puts another name on the card so two people can use it.

-dave
    '

Thanks for posting the updated pricing. It's sure to help!

Quote Originally Posted by Phonedave View Post
    The AP has been available for our of state people for quite some time.
    Indeed. Available to out-of-state'rs since the day they were first issued in 1982.

Actually, when WDW Annual Passports were first issued, I don't think there was a Florida Resident version. I'm pretty sure there was only one price for all (excluding Child of course). I recall it was a flat $100 for Adults. I don't think the Florida Resident discount appeared until 1984 and only on a special "Three Season" passport that was valid only in the months of May, September, and January.

I don't recall what year they first started offering Florida Resident discounts on the full year Annual Passports.

• Monorail Racer

If you're staying on property, you can easily make the AP's worth it in less than 10-12 days. We went for six days a couple of years ago and bought APs (figuring we'd probably go again a few times later in the year if we already had the APs, too). We were able to get 50% off the going rate at Wilderness Lodge and with the Dining Card saving us 20% off most of our nice dinners, we definitely paid for the APs and saved in only six days.
    Warning: Portions of this attraction are intense and may not be appropriate for younger children.

• golly gawrrsh

mr coaster - how did you get 50% off your resort? is that a perk of having an annual pass?
    șoș Sometimes Patrick, sometimes Karen.
    We'll let you decided who types what șoș

• Monorail Racer

It was the Annual Pass rate at the time (we stayed in January). They offer discounts on the Disney resorts for AP holders at various times throughout the year. It will obviously be less during peak season and higher in the offseason. They may also run out of available rooms at certain rates. You can call the WDW resort reservations line and ask what the AP rates and availability are for a particular resort during the time you plan to visit. You can make the reservation without having the AP. Just have it when you check in to the resort.

At the time, we paid $140/nt for a WL room that typically was rated at $285/nt. Between that and the savings on the Dining card, the AP was well worth the purchase.
    Warning: Portions of this attraction are intense and may not be appropriate for younger children.

APs may have in theory been available to anyone starting in 1982, when I got mine, but the reality was for most of the first decade 80-90% of APers were Floridians.

Also, for a time pre-DAK, you could buy APs for just one park. I believe they started at $99 with no blackout days. Can't recall if they included parking or not.

The remnant of this is the Epcot After 4 p.m. AP, which is basically for locals only (not that anyone couldn't buy it but ...) and is about $125.

Quote Originally Posted by WDW1974 View Post
    APs may have in theory been available to anyone starting in 1982, when I got mine, but the reality was for most of the first decade 80-90% of APers were Floridians.

Also, for a time pre-DAK, you could buy APs for just one park. I believe they started at $99 with no blackout days. Can't recall if they included parking or not.

The remnant of this is the Epcot After 4 p.m. AP, which is basically for locals only (not that anyone couldn't buy it but ...) and is about $125.

Are you certain. I though the EPCOT dining AP (the after 4:00 one) was for FL residents only. But as you said, who else would buy one. Actualy, I would think about it.

-dave

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast