• Circle of Ancients

All Star Jazz Family Suite vs. Fort Wilderness Cabin

Hey WDW peeps,

Were in the process of booking our December trip to WDW. We are going to be there from Dec 15 through Dec 23.

This time it won't only be the 4 of us but we will also have Kristi's mom and my mom with us.

We will be renting a van, so transportation isn't an issue.

We are looking at either getting the Family Suite at the All-Star Music or a cabin at Fort Wilderness.

So those of you who are WDW vets, what do you suggest??

Or are there any other options that were not thinking of that we should be.

We definately want to stay on-site since it's our Mom's first time to WDW.

Thanks.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Re: All Star Jazz Family Suite vs. Fort Wilderness Cabin

For me, it's all about location. Fort Wilderness is so much more central to everything.

• Circle of Ancients

That's what we figured.

Were still trying to decide if were going to get AP's and go out in May. Were leaning that way first. May go ahead and book the "Room Only" now and apply any AP discount later.

• World Traveler

I believe the All Star suite will have two bathrooms, whereas the Fort Wilderness cabin only has one bathroom. You might want to keep this in mind when making your decision.

We loved the cabin. At least in the cabin everyone will have a bed. The all star have 2 chairs that turn into a bed. You also have a full kitchen in the the cabins so if you want to bring snacks, extra water or even eat some meals there to save money. You could try renting points from a DVC member and really get a nice 2 bedroom villa at BW,BC or WL. For info on renting points go to disboards.
    c:/eyore_moon.jpg

The cabin is a much nicer, private, quieter experience ... it's like your own vacation home in the woods.

But they are smallish ... one bathroom (large though), one bedroom with one double bed and bunks ... and one sleep sofa in the living room.

If you can fit everyone, you'll definitely have a higher caliber experience at FW.

Blog Entries

I agree with everyone about the cabin, we stayed at the Lodge in September and loved it.

What are the odds of an AP discount for that time in December? I know that they have way cut back on the discounts for that time.

• Circle of Ancients

Thanks for the tips everyone.

I think we'll definately go with the cabin. Yes the 1 bathroom thing with 6 people for 9 days might suck ... but sleeping on converted chair will suck more I think. At least with this everyone will have an actual 'bed'.

And having a full kitchen will be cool. We got snacks and stuff on the last trip (gotta love that Wynn Dixie) and will probably do the same this time.

As for the AP discounts, looking at the past-trends, that time in december has had AP rates for the past 3 years. So we can keep our fingers crossed I guess.

• KING OF CABMF'S

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    Hey WDW peeps,

Were in the process of booking our December trip to WDW. We are going to be there from Dec 15 through Dec 23.

This time it won't only be the 4 of us but we will also have Kristi's mom and my mom with us.

We will be renting a van, so transportation isn't an issue.

We are looking at either getting the Family Suite at the All-Star Music or a cabin at Fort Wilderness.

So those of you who are WDW vets, what do you suggest??

Or are there any other options that were not thinking of that we should be.

We definately want to stay on-site since it's our Mom's first time to WDW.

Thanks.
    i think both roms hold 6, but in my opinion, i think the cabins are way better. they are like separated little homes in a very scenic area, and has quick boat transportation to MK. i would prefer this resort over the family suites, because all star is so far from MK and only has bus trans. to every park. and the best part in my opinion about fort wilderness:
    u can watch wishes from the dock w/ all the music brought right to u from surround sound speakers. I think that this resort is far better than the all stars i hope you have fun at wDW
    ADD ME.[:

WHAT I'VE LEARNED FROM MICECHAT...
    1. IF YOU APPRECIATE SOMETHING THAT ISN'T THE MAJORITY OPINION, YOU'RE NOT WANTED HERE.
    2. IF THERE'S CHIPPED PAINT IN THE QUEUE FOR A LINE, EXPECT SOMEONE TO WRITE OUT A BIG STORY BASHING IT. WOOHOO.
    3. IF YOU'RE UNDER THE AGE OF 24, YOU'RE AN 'EISNER BRAT.'
    4. PEOPLE WHO ARE DEEMED AS 'MODERATORS' AND OTHER ADMINISTRATION ARE MORE IMPORTANT DIETIES THAN JESUS CHRIST.
    5. YOU CAN EXCPECT TO BE BADLY REPPED IF YOU TRY AND MAKE A SERIOUS POINT.
    6. YOU ARENT TAKEN SERIOUS IF YOU'RE UNDER THE AGE OF 16.
    7. AS AN ADD-ON TO #6, YOU SHOULD BE TREATED AS A SUBORDINATEIF YOU ARE IN A THEME PARK WAITING 30 MINUTES IN LINE FOR A DRINK WHILE SOMEONE HAS TO RECOUNT PIZZAS.
    8. "Disney may not care to hear your comments, but we do." WTFFF??? THIS ISN'T A DISNEY FAN FORUM, IT'S A DISNETY BASHING SITE.
    9. CERTAIN PEOPLE OVER ANALYZE A SIMPLE THREAD AND CONSIDER IT TO BE A CONTRACT FULL OF LOOPHOLES THAT HE/SHE CAN GET AROUND.
    AND FINALLY...
    10. PROLONGED USE OF THIS SITE CAN CAUSE AN EXTREME HATE OF DISNEY AND ALL DISNEY RELATED THINGS.

M-U-H Muhfukka.
    [:

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Cool Re: All Star Jazz Family Suite vs. Fort Wilderness Cabin

Quote Originally Posted by evanescence4ever View Post
    i hope you have fun at wDW
    Ditto that!