Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1

    • ...TWO BITS!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Disneyland, USA
    Posts
    3,247

    Toy Story Mania story solution

    Thought of it this morning. It's known DCA's TSMM is going into TSM with the midway theme. Some people questioned how will that fit story-wise. Here's my solution. So the ride building is rumored to be Pixar Studios. The story is the studio is having a wrap party with the completion of their latest project. e.g. Ratoullie, Wall-E, etc (interchangable storyline). So it's decided to have a midway carnvial type of party to celebrate and have fun. Guests are cordially invitied to the party. Now who's better to host a carnival party than the Toy Story gang coming to life in the game booth prize rack? So there you have it.

    EDIT - I wonder if WDI can borrow E.T. Adventure's tech. Guests must "register" with the party. So they give their names to an attendent in the queue and given their "invite/ guest pass" card. Before you board the ride, you give your pass to the attendant. At the end, the Toy Story gang say good-bye and call out your name. This won't be implented in DCA's version cause the whole "guest pass" idea makes more sense in D-MGM than at a real boardwalk theme.

    What do yout think?

    "You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

    "With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

  2. #2

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Menomonie, Wisconsin, United States
    Posts
    811

    Re: Toy Story Mania story solution

    Well, I had debated starting a new thread about this, but I figure that you're idea fits in pretty well with this re-imagineering idea I recently drew up.

    We all know that if the Toon Studios at DLRP are a success that they will inevitably find their way to the states. I consider this to be almost a certainty. So with this in mind, I drew up plans for a Toon Studios area at DMGM. The area will consist of two new attractions (plus Toy Story Mania), a new feature restaurant, a revised attraction, and accompanying stores.

    Additions
    1. Toy Story Mania (currently under construction)
    2. IncrediCoaster! - This rollercoaster will be almost exactly identical to the Crush Coaster under construction in Paris. Nemo as a franchise has already been successfully used at both Epcot and DAK, so the further use would be creative overkill. The theme for this coaster would have to do with aiding the Parr family in an epic battle against the minions of the newly re-emerged Syndrome. The coaster cars would be hijacked gliders used by Syndrome's forces, albeit slightly modified. The journey would have guests flying through the streets of Metroville narrowly dodging an array of evil robots and zero-point energy bolts. This attraction would be constructed in the building that currently houses the (yawn!) Narnia attraction and the (not yawn!) One Man's Dream attraction. With the entrance located on the Northwest corner of the building. (Observant readers may note that this particular corner is off-limits to guests, this will be explained)
    3. Playhouse Disney (revised to include new shows as they immerge)
    4. Cars: Mater's Tractor Tipping Twister - This is my favorite of the new ideas. In theory, this attraction would be very similar to the new Cars attraction already in development at DLRP, but I have made some modifications. This ride would combine a Scrambler (known in the RCT world as a twist) with flawless Disney creativity and craft. The ride itself would be made up of four interlocking turntables, one center, and three satelite. This would allow for 36 cars, each capable of holding 1-3 people. The ride would load and unload in a prone position, with the cars looking similar to a tractor from cars that has been tipped. The sides of the cars would resemble these tractors with the nose pointing skyward. After boarding, the cars would gently recline, making it appear as though the tractors are balanced on their hind wheels. The real signature of the attraction is what lay between the cars. All of the control mechanisms for the twist will be located under the vehicles, which would leave the origins of the turntables clear. Inside those turntables would be a character, three in total: Lightning, Mater, and Frank? (the big red beastie). What's awesome is that each character is a functional AA. Now when the ride is boarding, Frank is asleep while Mater and Lightning chat to one another, they blink thier eyes and such. Then when the ride begins, the tractors recline. At this point, either Lightning revs his engine, or Mater honks his horn, sending the twist into action. The sensation would be very similar to a Scrambler, only in the reclined postion. All of this would be happening in an area similar to the backdrop that is found at Toon Studios in Paris. During the ride, Mater and Lightning shout things to each other, laugh, scream, etc., as if they were in the middle of a tractor frenzy. Frank, who was also awoken by the horn or engine, grunts and growls like he is chasing the other two. Because of the setup of the turntables, the three characters are perpetually chasing each other. At the end, in a hilarious nod to the movie, the seats will fall back to the initial position, but before the restraints unlock, several of the cars will do what tipped tractors are known to do (if you've seen Cars, you know what I mean). At this point the restraints release, and while the guests exit the attraction, Lightning and Mater have a good laugh, while Frank falls back asleep. This attraction would be located on a site behind the current exit of the Walt Disney Theater. Half of the Animation Building would be torn down to account for a segue into the new area. This area will encompass what is now a parking lot. It will house the Radiator Springs set as well as some character greeting spots and possibly a Cars gift shop. The area will stretch from the animation building to the path between Toy Story Mania and the home of the IncrediCoaster!. Whew!
    5. Magic of Disney/Pixar Animation - The current animation tour will be radically changed to more closely resemble the offerings at DCA. A changing exhibit of recent Disney and Pixar Animation releases would be included. In the future, a possible Pixar Stage Show could be constructed just to the north of the current building, which may be annexed anyway for Animation bldg. expansion. This area is located between Rockin Roller Plaza and the Animation Courtyard, next to the Sunset Farmer's Market.
    6. House of Mouse Restaurant - Mickey Mouse will invite guests into the House of Mouse Restaurant, where classic Disney cartoons are always the feature and the menu has something for everyone. This restaurant will be located in the current Little Mermaid show building, with the Art Deco facade taking over the current entrance to the show. The main entertainment will be a theater screen, with occasional introductions made by an AA Mickey, Donald, or Goofy. This will add to the already superb dining choices at the studios, and will be a truely family-friendly experience. This eatery will be quick-service.
    7. Shops - The current shop at the exit of the Little Mermaid will become a new House of Mouse gift shop, which will also serve as the main exit of the restaurant. A Cars gift shop will be built next to the Radiator Springs set, and could look similar to Luigi's Tire Store. Knowing Disney, they would probably want some kind of Toy Story tie-in as well, but I'm leaving that out for the time being.

    Well folks, that's what I have for now. I'm currently drawing up concept sketches of what the proposed area might look like. For those out there that wonder about the displaced attractions, don't fret, I have solutions... As part of a park renewal program, the Little Mermaid dark ride from the DVD will be installed in the Magic Kingdom where Ariel's Grotto is currently located. The models and exhibits from the One Man's Dream attraction will be divided and sent to both the MK, and also to a new attraction at the Studios located in the current Sounds Dangerous Theater. This attraction would be a reiteration of the previous Imagineering Labs exhibit at Epcot, only it would be reworked to be both a museum of Imagineering achievements, as well as a place to bring the Cyberspace Mountain attraction once Disney Quest closes (tear). The film and other pre-Disneyland exhibits would be brought to MK and installed in the Main Street Exhibition Hall as a more suitable Walt Disney Story attraction.

    If you're still reading, thanks a bunch. Like I said, I'm making sketches of these attractions and layouts, and if you like, I can post them later on, but I don't know how long they will take. I also have plans for the conversion of the Disney Studios into a guaranteed full-day experience, but those need to be fine tuned a bit more.

    If you're wondering about where these additions may be located, check out live.com and the bird's eye views of the studios, you'll see that there is plenty of room.
    Last edited by DoppelV; 02-22-2007 at 03:08 PM.
    In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of fate.

    DoppelV

  3. #3

    • Dreaming of Disney World
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    228

    Re: Toy Story Mania story solution

    Quote Originally Posted by DoppelV View Post
    Well, I had debated starting a new thread about this, but I figure that you're idea fits in pretty well with this re-imagineering idea I recently drew up.

    We all know that if the Toon Studios at DLRP are a success that they will inevitably find their way to the states. I consider this to be almost a certainty. So with this in mind, I drew up plans for a Toon Studios area at DMGM. The area will consist of two new attractions (plus Toy Story Mania), a new feature restaurant, a revised attraction, and accompanying stores.

    Additions
    1. Toy Story Mania (currently under construction)
    2. IncrediCoaster! - This rollercoaster will be almost exactly identical to the Crush Coaster under construction in Paris. Nemo as a franchise has already been successfully used at both Epcot and DAK, so the further use would be creative overkill. The theme for this coaster would have to do with aiding the Parr family in an epic battle against the minions of the newly re-emerged Syndrome. The coaster cars would be hijacked gliders used by Syndrome's forces, albeit slightly modified. The journey would have guests flying through the streets of Metroville narrowly dodging an array of evil robots and zero-point energy bolts. This attraction would be constructed in the building that currently houses the (yawn!) Narnia attraction and the (not yawn!) One Man's Dream attraction. With the entrance located on the Northwest corner of the building. (Observant readers may note that this particular corner is off-limits to guests, this will be explained)
    3. Playhouse Disney (revised to include new shows as they immerge)
    4. Cars: Mater's Tractor Tipping Twister - This is my favorite of the new ideas. In theory, this attraction would be very similar to the new Cars attraction already in development at DLRP, but I have made some modifications. This ride would combine a Scrambler (known in the RCT world as a twist) with flawless Disney creativity and craft. The ride itself would be made up of four interlocking turntables, one center, and three satelite. This would allow for 36 cars, each capable of holding 1-3 people. The ride would load and unload in a prone position, with the cars looking similar to a tractor from cars that has been tipped. The sides of the cars would resemble these tractors with the nose pointing skyward. After boarding, the cars would gently recline, making it appear as though the tractors are balanced on their hind wheels. The real signature of the attraction is what lay between the cars. All of the control mechanisms for the twist will be located under the vehicles, which would leave the origins of the turntables clear. Inside those turntables would be a character, three in total: Lightning, Mater, and Frank? (the big red beastie). What's awesome is that each character is a functional AA. Now when the ride is boarding, Frank is asleep while Mater and Lightning chat to one another, they blink thier eyes and such. Then when the ride begins, the tractors recline. At this point, either Lightning revs his engine, or Mater honks his horn, sending the twist into action. The sensation would be very similar to a Scrambler, only in the reclined postion. All of this would be happening in an area similar to the backdrop that is found at Toon Studios in Paris. During the ride, Mater and Lightning shout things to each other, laugh, scream, etc., as if they were in the middle of a tractor frenzy. Frank, who was also awoken by the horn or engine, grunts and growls like he is chasing the other two. Because of the setup of the turntables, the three characters are perpetually chasing each other. At the end, in a hilarious nod to the movie, the seats will fall back to the initial position, but before the restraints unlock, several of the cars will do what tipped tractors are known to do (if you've seen Cars, you know what I mean). At this point the restraints release, and while the guests exit the attraction, Lightning and Mater have a good laugh, while Frank falls back asleep. This attraction would be located on a site behind the current exit of the Walt Disney Theater. Half of the Animation Building would be torn down to account for a segue into the new area. This area will encompass what is now a parking lot. It will house the Radiator Springs set as well as some character greeting spots and possibly a Cars gift shop. The area will stretch from the animation building to the path between Toy Story Mania and the home of the IncrediCoaster!. Whew!
    5. Magic of Disney/Pixar Animation - The current animation tour will be radically changed to more closely resemble the offerings at DCA. A changing exhibit of recent Disney and Pixar Animation releases. In the future, a possible Pixar Stage Show could be constructed just to the north of the current building, which may be annexed anyway for Animation bldg. expansion. This area is located between Rockin Roller Plaza and the Animation Courtyard, next to the Sunset Farmer's Market.
    6. House of Mouse Restaurant - Mickey Mouse will invite guests into the House of Mouse Restaurant, where classic Disney cartoons are always the feature and the menu has something for everyone. This restaurant will be located in the current Little Mermaid show building, with the Art Deco facade taking over the current entrance to the show. The main entertainment will be a theater screen, with occasional introductions made by an AA Mickey, Donald, or Goofy. This will add to the already superb dining choices at the studios, and will be a truely family-friendly experience. This eatery will be quick-service.
    7. Shops - The current shop at the exit of the Little Mermaid will become a new House of Mouse gift shop, which will also serve as the main exit of the restaurant. A Cars gift shop will be built next to the Radiator Springs set, and could look similar to Luigi's Tire Store. Knowing Disney, they would probably want some kind of Toy Story tie-in as well, but I'm leaving that out for the time being.

    Well folks, that's what I have for now. I'm currently drawing up concept sketches of what the proposed area might look like. For those out there that wonder about the displaced attractions, don't fret, I have solutions... As part of a park renewal program, the Little Mermaid dark ride from the DVD will be installed in the Magic Kingdom where Ariel's Grotto is currently located. The models and exhibits from the One Man's Dream attraction will be divided and sent to both the MK, and also to a new attraction at the Studios located in the current Sounds Dangerous Theater. This attraction would be a reiteration of the previous Imagineering Labs exhibit at Epcot, only it would be reworked to be both a museum of Imagineering achievements, as well as a place to bring the Cyberspace Mountain attraction once Disney Quest closes (tear). The film and other pre-Disneyland exhibits would be brought to MK and installed in the Main Street Exhibition Hall as a more suitable Walt Disney Story attraction.

    If you're still reading, thanks a bunch. Like I said, I'm making sketches of these attractions and layouts, and if you like, I can post them later on, but I don't know how long they will take. I also have plans for the conversion of the Disney Studios into a guaranteed full-day experience, but those need to be fine tuned a bit more.

    If you're wondering about where these additions may be located, check out live.com and the bird's eye views of the studios, you'll see that there is plenty of room.
    I like your ideas and yes I would like to see some of your concept art.

    Some of my ideas for the studios ar the following:

    First Change the Name to Disney's Movieland(im not a big fan of the Disney-Pixar Studios. This place hasn't been a real studios for a while and I dont see it being one now).
    New Great Movie Ride: This ride will be no different from the other one other than it will have Disney moives not MGM movies. I was thinking Pirates, Indiana Jones(this will have to be got from MGM since there is so many attractions in Disney parks that have to do with Iniana Jones), and Mary Poppins. This obviosly isnt all it will have I just can't think of anymore. If anyone has any suggestions I would love to hear them.
    Incredibles Dark Ride: This is the same one from the jimhillmedia.com article. A ride on the robotic arm that you can decide how intense it is. This ride takes you through an incredible adventure with the Incredibles. A meet and greet with the characters outside exit of the ride.
    The Nightmare Befor Christmas Dark Ride: A ride through the town where Jack encounters a problem with the three troublemakers again(I forgot what there name is).

    What do you think? Feel free to correct any of my mistakes you see.

  4. #4

    • Former Epcot CM
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Travelling the world but home is the UK
    Posts
    4,865

    Re: Toy Story Mania story solution

    Quote Originally Posted by tyler2cfhs View Post

    First Change the Name to Disney's Movieland(im not a big fan of the Disney-Pixar Studios. This place hasn't been a real studios for a while and I dont see it being one now).
    And 'Disney's Movieland' seriously thrills you to pieces?
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

    DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
    July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
    February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
    February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

    (VERY OLD!)
    TRIP REPORTS


  5. #5

    • Dreaming of Disney World
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    228

    Re: Toy Story Mania story solution

    Quote Originally Posted by Speedway View Post
    And 'Disney's Movieland' seriously thrills you to pieces?
    No but at least it is somethings that the park is(it celebrates the movies) and not something that the park isnt(the park isnt a studios). I aint saying that is the best name but something besides MGM studios if there isnt a studios there.

  6. #6

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Menomonie, Wisconsin, United States
    Posts
    811

    Re: Toy Story Mania story solution

    I've always preferred Disney Studios Florida. I think it's simple, to the point, and explains the theme.
    In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of fate.

    DoppelV

  7. #7

    • ...TWO BITS!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Disneyland, USA
    Posts
    3,247

    Re: Toy Story Mania story solution

    DoppelV, sorry to bust your bubble, what does this have to do with the story solution to TSM?

    Funny how everyone reacts to the 2nd post, and not the 1st post. Not to be coincided.

    tyler2cfhs, have you read my post on my TGMR with only Disney live-action films?

    DoppelV, Universal Studios Florida... Disney Studios Florida...

    "You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

    "With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

  8. #8

    • Senior Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    5,357

    Re: Toy Story Mania story solution

    Here's a better story solution:

    Fire Jay Rasulo and Tom Fitzgerald.

  9. #9

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Menomonie, Wisconsin, United States
    Posts
    811

    Re: Toy Story Mania story solution

    The better story solution is that with a change in the theme of area, there is no need to change the story. With an overall change in the surrounding attractions, theming, etc., Toy Story Mania would simply fit in as the filming of a new Toy Story film or possibly even the creation of a Toy Story game. If I knew how, I would move my idea to a new thread, I just didn't want to crowd the boards with more than one Toy Story Mania thread so close to each other when I originally posted.

    Also, Disney has been referring to the Studios as Disney Studios Florida for many years. Just check out the Walt Disney World Explorer PC software. Regardless of what it's name might be, people will continue to refer to it as the Studios or MGM for many years after the change. So ultimately, a change in name is irrelevant. If they wanted to make life easier on themselves, Disney should just go with Disney Studios. This is how they've been marketing the place since it opened.
    In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of fate.

    DoppelV

  10. #10

    • Former Epcot CM
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Travelling the world but home is the UK
    Posts
    4,865

    Re: Toy Story Mania story solution

    Quote Originally Posted by filmfreak11 View Post
    DoppelV, sorry to bust your bubble, what does this have to do with the story solution to TSM?

    Funny how everyone reacts to the 2nd post, and not the 1st post. Not to be coincided.

    tyler2cfhs, have you read my post on my TGMR with only Disney live-action films?

    DoppelV, Universal Studios Florida... Disney Studios Florida...
    Jeez... green eyed monster alert.
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

    DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
    July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
    February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
    February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

    (VERY OLD!)
    TRIP REPORTS


  11. #11

    • He Gets The Job Done
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Tustin
    Posts
    8,153
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Toy Story Mania story solution

    Just curious.

    Why wouldn't the name saying thing work at The TSMM at DCA?

    If it was to happen I think it should be in both rides because, what child wouldn't love for a Toy Story Character to say there name?

    I don't think one should be more superior then the other.

    WE NEED THE LOVE TOO!


  12. #12

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    1,611

    Re: Toy Story Mania story solution

    Personally I think it would have made much more sense to build the Monster's Inc ride that Tokyo Disneyland is getting, instead of Toy Story Mania, at Disney-MGM. The two rides are based on the same technology. The "midway" idea was tailored to Paradise Pier, but the Monsters, Inc. ride (I think it is called "Ride and Go Seek") is not location specific. Of course Disney World authorities would probably get a heart attack if someone suggested spending $88 million on a dark ride, which is what Tokyo is spending on its version.

  13. #13

    • ...TWO BITS!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Disneyland, USA
    Posts
    3,247

    Re: Toy Story Mania story solution

    Quote Originally Posted by PragmaticIdealist View Post
    Here's a better story solution:

    Fire Jay Rasulo and Tom Fitzgerald.
    I know, but that's not the point.

    Quote Originally Posted by Speedway View Post
    Jeez... green eyed monster alert.
    Well it's a bit off topic for one, Jezz.

    Quote Originally Posted by KrItTeR View Post
    Just curious.

    Why wouldn't the name saying thing work at The TSMM at DCA?
    I just thought of this: at DCA, have the name card as a your ticket entry onto the ride

    Hey, look! KrItTeR was on topic.

    "You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

    "With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

  14. #14

    • He Gets The Job Done
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Tustin
    Posts
    8,153
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Toy Story Mania story solution

    Hey, look! KrItTeR was on topic.

    Hooray for me!


Similar Threads

  1. [Question] ? about toy story mania
    By ministrychick77 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-04-2008, 01:54 AM
  2. The Mania of the Story of Toy!
    By Walt's Ghost in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-29-2008, 05:08 PM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-20-2008, 07:24 PM
  4. When did it become Toy Story Mania and not Midway Mania
    By BFJen in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-09-2007, 09:42 AM
  5. Toy Story Mania
    By Kritter in forum Disney Interactive and Game Industry Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-26-2007, 02:42 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •