• Disneyland Historian

Visiting Two Parks in One Day Without a Hopper

Is it possible to use two days worth of admission to visit two different theme parks on the same day? I know in the past the 2-Fer ticket at Disneyland could be used all on one day to act as a park hopper. Is this possible at WDW?

• Rock Star Minion

Re: Visiting Two Parks in One Day Without a Hopper

Quote Originally Posted by Gregmh48 View Post
    Is it possible to use two days worth of admission to visit two different theme parks on the same day? I know in the past the 2-Fer ticket at Disneyland could be used all on one day to act as a park hopper. Is this possible at WDW?
    Seems more expensive than the $40 to add park-hopper option to EVERY DAY of your visit.
    Check the prices before you act.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

/\ No offense sediment, but I just want to everything clear.
    It is about $40 to add park hopping to your ticket, no matter how long your pass is worth. So you want to go for one day and park-hop? $40
    Three days? $40
    ten days? $40

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by CowofDisney View Post
    /\ No offense sediment, but I just want to everything clear.
    It is about $40 to add park hopping to your ticket, no matter how long your pass is worth. So you want to go for one day and park-hop? $40
    Three days? $40
    ten days? $40
    I'm offended!!

Wait, let me read it.........oh, never mind.

For me, if I were on a 7-day trip, I'd be parkhopping at least four days. Possibly five, since I go when MGM closes at 7PM and AK closes at 5PM. Plenty of time to suck in more magic at MK, which would close at 10PM.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

Quote Originally Posted by Gregmh48 View Post
    I'm not sure if this is still the case, but when I was a Park Greeter in Fall of '05, this was not possible. The turnstiles are programmed to record admission based on days, not number of admissions. Thus, if the machine records that you have two days worth of admission without a hopper, and you try to hop on a single day, it will always reject the ticket.

If you had two individual paper tickets, then by all means, feel free to hop. But on a single ticket media, this is not allowed.
    In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of fate.

DoppelV

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Your best bet would be getting either a 1 day magic Your Way ticket and add the hopper option, or a 2 day Magic Your Way ticket and use each "day" at each of the 2 parks you wish to visit.

• I was deleted.

It's been said, but I will clairfy.

Magic Your Way Base Tickets allow guests to enter one park each day. If you attempt to enter a second park on the same day your ticket has been used at another park it won't let you in.

Park Hop or not to park hop is a difference of $38.

FYI - The price between Magic Your Way + Park Hopper Option goes up about $1 from 4 day to 5 day to 6 day to 7 day.

we would send the people wanting to do that over to GR and they work out

Quote Originally Posted by bluejayx View Post
    This was of course, always an option, Guest Relations can help out with almost any problem. Initially however, the tickets wouldn't be accepted. This was problematic especially at Epcot, when folks would already have gone past bag checks and waited in line; they really didn't want to have to do the same thing again. But yes, Guest Relations usually can help out.
    In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of fate.

DoppelV

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by BigPigletFan View Post
    It's been said, but I will clairfy.

Magic Your Way Base Tickets allow guests to enter one park each day. If you attempt to enter a second park on the same day your ticket has been used at another park it won't let you in.

Park Hop or not to park hop is a difference of $38.

FYI - The price between Magic Your Way + Park Hopper Option goes up about $1 from 4 day to 5 day to 6 day to 7 day.
    BPF is right and I know this from direct experience. Visited AK during the day and then went to Epcot to see Illuminations at night. SPANK! The turnstile rejected my pass like Shaq rejecting a jump shot. Fortunately, I was meeting a CM (and fellow Micechatter who shall remain nameless) there and he used his pass to allow me in. Whew!

Long story short, you cannot park hop unless you have a Park Hopper pass. Period. Can't even 'burn' an extra day like I tried to.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by bluejayx View Post
    Guess I posted too soon! Thanks for the info.