• Omnimover Groover

Theme Park Attraction Themed Attraction

Bear with me friends, it's shaping up to be one of "those" weeks around the office so I decided to share some of the madness with you by starting this whacky thread from the dark side.

I was watching a preview for Meet the Robinsons & I believe and saw something that looked like Space Mountain in a scene.

What, with all the buzz on these boards about Pixar's Toys, Fish, Monsters, Bugs, Cars, etc. invading the scene at all the Disney Theme Parks, I wonder how far is too far.

What if Disney-Pixar decides to greenlight a movie based on Theme Park Attractions? Summer 2011 'RIDES' hits theaters in select cities. The story follows retired Epcot audio animatronics who get lost in transition from WDW to __________ and need to find their way, blah blah blah.

So naturally, the next step is to open a new ride or rides based upon the rides portrayed in 'RIDES'. (That's Marklar for you South Park fans).

The bad; Seeing a new Mad Tea Party mockingly built next to the real Mad Tea Party (REAL Mad Tea Party?) only these new cups have eyes, noses and big cheesy grins.

The good; 'RIDES' creates good justification for HORIZONS' triumphant return. Albeit in a modified format but it comes back nonetheless.

Okay, it's time for my return trip to earth to commence. Thanks for accomodating me.
    Last edited by Lectrorail; 02-27-2007 at 11:11 AM.
    People aren't successful because they have never failed.....they are successful because failing hasn't stopped them.

• and too all a good fright

Talking Re: Theme Park Attraction Themed Attraction

This cracked me up. I will have visions of rides based on rides all afternoon.

Blog Entries

Re: Theme Park Attraction Themed Attraction

I was watching a preview for Meet the Robinsons & I believe and saw something that looked like Space Mountain in a scene.
    It's just a small gag. The kid goes to the future and they show a shot of the themepark known as todayland. I thought it was hillarious.

• World Traveler

If you can dream it, you can do it.

sounds like a fun theme to me

• Omnimover Groover

Quote Originally Posted by prince_david View Post
    sounds like a fun theme to me
    prince_david,

Glad you're onboard with this. I will be certain to nominate you as the lead designer for the fastpass distribution area and queue to 'ADVENTURE THRU QUEUE' - the attraction that celebrates the history of all the wonderful WDW queues from Pirates to Expedition Everest. Oddly enough, this will NOT be a walk-thru attraction.
    People aren't successful because they have never failed.....they are successful because failing hasn't stopped them.

• and too all a good fright

Quote Originally Posted by Lectrorail View Post
    prince_david,

Glad you're onboard with this. I will be certain to nominate you as the lead designer for the fastpass distribution area and queue to 'ADVENTURE THRU QUEUE' - the attraction that celebrates the history of all the wonderful WDW queues from Pirates to Expedition Everest. Oddly enough, this will NOT be a walk-thru attraction.

Is it wrong that I would actually want to ride this? Ahh the turnstiles, the ropes, the switchbacks. Sounds e-ticket all the way.

• Omnimover Groover

Quote Originally Posted by flotsam_mike View Post
    Is it wrong that I would actually want to ride this? Ahh the turnstiles, the ropes, the switchbacks. Sounds e-ticket all the way.
    I'm telling ya, it's gonna be great. The final show scene will take place in a huge space filled with synchronized musical audio animatronic air gates on 6 levels!