Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Imagination! Or Journey Into Imagination

I thought That the original imagination ride was much better than the current one. But what do you guys like better?

• Banned User

The ride as it is right now is somewhat better than the one version that replaced the much better original version of Journey Into Imagination.

any links for comparisons between the three versions?

• I was deleted.

I don't know them all but I just remember loving it mid-90's in Epcot! As a kid I was so bored in that place. I am glad the kid-cot thing is in place and there are more characters around now.

• Santa Barbara, CA

Figmenteria!
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

• keep moving forward...

i asked a cm about the original ride and why it closed... they said that it was a problem with the figment animatronics and that he had an expensive part that kept breaking so now they are using vidio screens (ever notice that the figments in the new ride are just statues and vidios of him)

• Minion

No, all the Figment animatronics are still there, its just 3 of them that show obvious movement(Sound Lab, Touch and Taste lab door, hitchhiking astronaut at end).
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr
    Lend a hand at Disney Wiki

• Minion

The reasons the ride closed had nothing to do specifically with the AA technology (apart from the fact that rides with many SFX and AAs were expensive).

Journey into Imagination - Disney Classic
    Journey into Your Imagination - Miserable Failure
    Journey into Imagination with Figment - Oy vey. . .

The original "Journey Into Imagination" was by far the best.

It was the second most popular attaction at Epcot (after SpaceShip Earth) for almost 15 years. It closed for one reason, Michael Eisner did not like it and did not like Figment. It was turned into "Journey Into YOUR Imagination" by infamous Imagineer Tom Fitzgerald (who has since been promoted to Executive VP over all creative at WDI and lead the creative team on the money-loosing Disney Studios Paris) to make Mikey happy. Then the guest complaints rolled in and Kodak (the sponsor) got really mad, and then the Merchandise Dept. at Epcot got even madder (because Figment was the biggest seller). Then Imagineering gave in and tweeked the ride into "Journey into Imagination with Figment," which is certainly better then the second verson , but no where as good as the original.

^^Hey, that was my 100th post. I'm glad it was about Journey into Imagination.

here's a link for those of you interested in the original attraction...

http://www.figmentsimagination.com/

The original Journey Into Imagination was the best of any of the imagination pavilion versions.

The original was wonderfully whimsical. The last two versions show no imagination whatsoever. I will admit I can tolerate version 3.0 where 2.0 made me want to hurl.
    But, who knows? No one ever goes on this one so maybe Brad Rex will close it and replace it with a pin and plush stand or Kidcot coloring table!

wow I get what you guys mean now that I've seen all three videos

I had seen a video of the third edition before and it was kinda "bleh" for me just a bit too goofy and too much of Pigments colors and everything the whole plot was just a bit too goofy and too figment oriented (almost filled me with distaste for the character)

just because I was curious as to how it could be any worse I downloaded the edition that everyone complains about

it was just bleh too heartless and cold for the subject and the effects weren't amazing it didn't overwhelm it there was no feeling of connectedness "you have no imagination look at random stuff WOW you are OFF the charts! get off the freakin RIDE!!!" it had a few good spots but was just overall looked very boring

then I watched the origional, now there are still a few cutsy things that annoy me a bit but once you get past the beginning it seems to really pick up in ways pictures just can't show, seeing everything moving and getting a good view of those projections everywere really made the ride seem more livly and it kinda grew on me a bit to the point were I didn't mind the imagination song at the end

so yeah I don't know that Imagination would be the #1 thing I'd ever see at Epcot but I can deffinatly see what you guys mean, it didn't need replacing it wasn't dated at all and it really managed to pull through in balance without coming off as too corny

• Minion

The original owned, the JIIINO(Journey Into Imagination in name only, to use a term based off the nickname of the American Godzilla, GINO) was craptacular, JIIWF is okay, but could be much better with Dreamfinder and a additional lab(Touch) where Flubber is let loose and we feel it as it bounces around the room(possibly using Jello as the Flubber skin...)
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr
    Lend a hand at Disney Wiki

• The one, the only...

Original WAY better!!

I saw the original attaction, but I stumbled into it. I thought that it seemed hidden away and hard to find. There was no line. The CM's were entertaining themselves by putting blow-up plastic dolls on the ride to simulate customers. I thought the ride was WONDERFUL! That song got stuck in my head. The way the seats kept moving but the old guy in the auto was synced to them was amazing to me at the time.

I was VERY disappointed when I saw the present version. So much of a waste of time. This was a real DOWNGRADE of the attraction. Instead of improving it, they made it worse. I don't know anyone who would waste their time on such a magic-less ride.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast