Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Sock Puppet

Underneath the "Smell Lab", and yes, dare I say, it really stinks.

Post All the Innoventions signs are gone!!!

On my journey exploring the park today, I noticed that all the large tri-sided signs for Innoventions are completely gone! Does anyone out there know why? I'm baffeled by this very odd occurrence. I can only assume it was the mischievous purple dragon Figment, once again ruining my experiments, letting imagination run free.

• Beware of Mutant Mickey!

Re: All the Innoventions signs are gone!!!

Are they All gone already? I was here the other day and the one in front of Inno west and the one behind East was still there (although powered off)
    Anyhoo, the entire theme of "The Road to Tomorrow" is leaving, you'll also notice the signposts inside the entrance of Inno East is walled off for removal. A CM told me the drawings for the new entrances look great, but could not elaborate.
    I mentioned this over in the "Wand coming down" thread, because I believe that these two events may be related. I think big changes are coming to this area, possibly with the sails coming down too.
    One last thing I noticed, when one of the twirly things in the courtyard broke down a few weeks ago, instead of fixing it, it was cut off the next day, so I suspect those have very little time left. ( See below)
    Last edited by naumoney; 03-03-2007 at 09:08 PM.

Best hold on to Your Hats and Glasses, 'cause this heres the Wildest Ride in the Wilderness!

• Banned User

pictures please. I was at the park last weekend and I saw all the stupid innoventions signs.

Honestly, Innoventions sucks, the wand sucks, and I hate the direction they took Epcot in the late 90s/early 00's. However recently I felt they were starting to make improvements with the refurbishment of The Land Pavillion (Soarin is a great addition and I like the automated spiel on the boats) and although im against all the pixar tie-ins I will admit that in the case of Living Seas Nemo did help revive interest in that pavillion.

I really really really really really hope they get rid of the Wand and Innoventions.

I'll get some pics today and edit them into this post for ya.

--EDIT--

Sorry guys, due to my water heater being broken, I didnt have time to make it to EPCOT, I'll try again today, I haven't forgotten you!

--EDIT--

Ok, here, it was after work, so it was both dark and rainy, but here are some pictures I could get.

Here is the West side with the sign gone

Here is the East side with the construction wall around it.

And here is the West side one that is still on, (by Nemo)

And finally here is a pic of the inside of the entrance to Inno west, (the signposts used to be here)
    Last edited by naumoney; 03-03-2007 at 09:05 PM.

Best hold on to Your Hats and Glasses, 'cause this heres the Wildest Ride in the Wilderness!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by naumoney View Post
    I'll get some pics today and edit them into this post for ya.
    Cool thanks!

was there last night only the two signs located in the Innoventions courtyard were down. Replace by a very small innoventions sign over the door. The large one was still up and burning brightly next to the Living Seas.

• Sock Puppet

Ah, well, in that case, I suppose all of them are down except one, and I believe that one will be removed very soon as well. And those little signs were actually always there. Figment told me so.

• I was deleted.

Maybe because they were neon they took them down to update/upgrade them to light fiber? I know WDI has been looking at changing lighting, especially at Epcot to improve it.

Quote Originally Posted by BigPigletFan View Post
    Maybe because they were neon they took them down to update/upgrade them to light fiber? I know WDI has been looking at changing lighting, especially at Epcot to improve it.
    No, those signs are permanently gone the Innoventions West one took about 2 weeks to remove, and it's ALL gone, they even took out the foundation and put in new paving stones.

• If We Can Dream It...

I'm definately glad these signs are gone and hope that this means that innoventions will be revised soon. Innoventions is very lacking in every aspect.

I've got some wishful thinking but:

Could this be the start of an Epcot Renaissance? I've always felt this area (entrance & central future world) was the most troubled in epcot. This area has become increasingly uglier each year. Gone are the good ol' ponds, gardens, & tranquil (yet exciting) environment.

What I said in another thread pretty much sums up my thoughts on innoventions:
    I feel that the original Communicore design was more serene, intelligent, and soothing. I also feel that it could use a little oomph. How it was executed for the millenium was VERY poor planning. I have and never will like innoventions. The signs seem like they belong on PI rather than at Epcot. Something that always comes to mind for me whenever I walk into Innoventions is: with it's dark interior and chaotic environment it leads to a subconscience feeling that the future is unclear, unpredictable, and overwhelming. Communicore's look, while semi-dated, made a bright, comforting, and safe future. Obviously something had to be done to Communicore, it reeked the 80's. What has happened is not the answer. Simple changes could be made. What keeps me hopefull is what happened with Ice Station Cool. They removed the HIGHLY out of place arctic theme with a simple, classic Epcot entrance. If Innoventions got one thing semi-right it's that the future is sometimes unpredictable.
    - Horizonsfan

• Sock Puppet

Maybe Siemens will present Innoventions? Ha!

Where's the pictures? This topic is getting very interesting...

• Banned User

Bring on the photos!

• Banned User

photos might take time.. but im sure come Monday their will be many.

OK! I put some pics in, They're up in post #4! (I know they suck, I'll try for some better ones another day, grr!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast