Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

• out & about

Four Seasons to Anchor New Disney Luxury Resort - (Merged Threads)

What? This answers questions but sounds lame. What do you think...

Quote Originally Posted by Walt Disney Public Affairs
    LAKE BUENA VISTAFla., March 1, 2007 – Walt Disney World Resort today announced two new projects as part of an expansion plan for the resort in Central Florida: a new 900-acre luxury resort anchored by the prestigious Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts and a 450-acre retail, dining and lodging district on the western edge of the Disney resort.
    Quote Originally Posted by Walt Disney Public Affairs

"These projects are first-of-a-kind for Walt Disney World and we are thrilled to be able to bring Four Seasons to our resort," said Meg Crofton, president of Walt Disney World Resort. "Families around the globe know they can trust Disney to deliver magical experiences and Four Seasons to offer exceptional service and amenities. Combined, this is a huge win for devotees of both brands and for Central Florida," said Crofton.

LUXURY DESTINATION RESORT – NORTHEAST RESORT AREA
    Along the northeast border of Walt Disney World Resort, Disney plans to convert its Eagle Pines and Osprey Ridge golf courses into a luxury resort and golf community. The development will include a luxury hotel, 18-hole championship golf course, single- and multi-family vacation homes and fractional ownership vacation homes.

Disney entered into a letter of intent with Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts to bring these two complementary and respected brands together to anchor a new world-class family resort destination.

Four Seasons is dedicated to perfecting the travel experience through continuous innovation and the highest standards of hospitality. Currently with 74 hotels in 31 countries, and more than 25 properties under development, Four Seasons continues to lead the hospitality industry with innovative enhancements, making business travel easier and leisure travel more rewarding. The deeply instilled Four Seasons culture is personified in its employees – people who share a single focus and are inspired to offer great service. Four Seasons currently operates two properties in Florida, Four Seasons Hotel Miami and the Four Seasons Resort Palm Beach.

"The Resort will have all the ingredients needed to create memorable vacations: gracious and caring staff; beautiful surroundings that are thoughtfully designed; and services and amenities that make every experience one to cherish," said Kathleen Taylor, president and chief operating officer, Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts. "It's an honor to collaborate with Walt Disney World Resort on this project. Walt Disney's reputation for service excellence and exceptional family entertainment amenities is an ideal complement to the values of Four Seasons. Central Florida will be a valuable addition to our family of resorts, particularly since this is a destination our guests already enjoy."

Once terms of the project are finalized, site work could begin later this year, with a hotel opening forecasted for 2010.

VALUE-ORIENTED DESTINATION – MIXED-USE TOURISM DISTRICT
    On the western edge of the resort, Disney is planning a mixed-use tourist commercial district just outside Disney’s gateway entrance. The master-planned development is comparable in size to Disney’s Animal Kingdom.

The project combines third-party branded lodging, retail and dining in a pedestrian-friendly environment and will be another example of Disney’s commitment to unique placemaking. Located outside Disney’s gateway around the interchange where Western Way meets the Western Beltway, early development plans include 4,000 - 5,000 low- to mid-rise, value-priced lodging units and 300,000 - 500,000 square feet of commercial space. Designed around a retail village, the development will become a convenient shopping and service center for Cast Members, nearby residents and Central Florida visitors.

The project is currently in the design stage. Site work and branding is anticipated to begin later this year. The project will be built in phases over the next 8 - 10 years.
    The original article can be found here.
    Last edited by WRDup; 03-01-2007 at 08:50 AM.
    "There's no off position on the genius switch"

WplusK.com
    http://twitter.com/WRDinc

• out & about

Re: Four Seasons to Anchor New Disney Luxury Resort

Click here for a fact sheet regardingt his newly announced project
    "There's no off position on the genius switch"

WplusK.com
    http://twitter.com/WRDinc

• Banned User

Is the value development on or off property? It isn't clear to me.

• Banned User

I hope this is off property.

Nope its on property and will back up right next to my apartment, goodbye Eagle Pines, you will be missed!

• Minion

Vegas doesn't have anything on WDW - the best in hotels and shops, with a few theme park attractions here and there.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by TarzanRocked99-06 View Post
    Nope its on property and will back up right next to my apartment, goodbye Eagle Pines, you will be missed!
    Yeah the Four Seasons is on property, but what about the Value development?

technically it will be on property too, but not from a guest standpoint. It will located right outside the Western Way gates just like the crossroads is off 535 which until a few years ago was also owned by Disney.

Weird that they sold one off only to build a similar development just like it on the opposite side of property.

• Sock Puppet

Underneath the "Smell Lab", and yes, dare I say, it really stinks.

It's an illusion thing... now Disney can send guests "off-property" to get cheaper goods, but in reality they're still "on-property." So, it's basically Disney trying to enter the off-property market. Very interesting, though I question the use of the land.

• :)

New Disney Luxury Resort Announced

straight from the source!

New Disney Luxury Resort Announced

Walt Disney World Resort announced two new projects as part of an expansion plan for the resort in Central Florida: a new 900-acre luxury resort anchored by the prestigious Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts and a 450-acre retail, dining and lodging district on the western edge of the Disney resort.
    "These projects are first-of-a-kind for Walt Disney World Resort and we are thrilled to be able to bring Four Seasons to our resort," said Meg Crofton, president of Walt Disney World Resort. "Families around the globe know they can trust Disney to deliver magical experiences and Four Seasons to offer exceptional service and amenities. Combined, this is a huge win for devotees of both brands and for Central Florida," said Crofton.
    LUXURY DESTINATION RESORT — NORTHEAST RESORT AREA
    Along the northeast border of Walt Disney World Resort, Disney plans to convert its Eagle Pines and Osprey Ridge golf courses into a luxury resort and golf community. The development will include a luxury hotel, 18-hole championship golf course, single- and multi-family vacation homes and fractional ownership vacation homes.
    Disney entered into a letter of intent with Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts to bring these two complementary and respected brands together to anchor a new world-class family resort destination.
    Four Seasons is dedicated to perfecting the travel experience through continuous innovation and the highest standards of hospitality. Currently with 74 hotels in 31 countries, and more than 25 properties under development, Four Seasons continues to lead the hospitality industry with innovative enhancements, making business travel easier and leisure travel more rewarding. The deeply instilled Four Seasons culture is personified in its employees — people who share a single focus and are inspired to offer great service. Four Seasons currently operates two properties in Florida, Four Seasons Hotel Miami and the Four Seasons Resort Palm Beach.
    "The Resort will have all the ingredients needed to create memorable vacations: gracious and caring staff; beautiful surroundings that are thoughtfully designed; and services and amenities that make every experience one to cherish," said Kathleen Taylor, president and chief operating officer, Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts. "It's an honor to collaborate with Walt Disney World Resort on this project. Walt Disney's reputation for service excellence and exceptional family entertainment amenities is an ideal complement to the values of Four Seasons. Central Florida will be a valuable addition to our family of resorts, particularly since this is a destination our guests already enjoy."
    Once terms of the project are finalized, site work could begin later this year, with a hotel opening forecasted for 2010.
    VALUE-ORIENTED DESTINATION — MIXED-USE TOURISM DISTRICT
    On the western edge of the resort, Disney is planning a mixed-use tourist commercial district just outside Disney's gateway entrance. The master-planned development is comparable in size to Disney's Animal Kingdom.
    The project combines third-party branded lodging, retail and dining in a pedestrian-friendly environment and will be another example of Disney's commitment to unique placemaking. Located outside Disney's gateway around the interchange where Western Way meets the Western Beltway, early development plans include 4,000 - 5,000 low- to mid-rise, value-priced lodging units and 300,000 - 500,000 square feet of commercial space. Designed around a retail village, the development will become a convenient shopping and service center for Cast Members, nearby residents and Central Florida visitors.
    The project is currently in the design stage. Site work and branding is anticipated to begin later this year. The project will be built in phases over the next 8 - 10 years.

Well, WDW Prez InoverherheadMeg announced this morning that WDW will be partnering with Four Seasons for a hotel resort overlooking Osprey Ridge Golf Course (say bye-bye to that DVC Resort announced for the property back in 2001-02) to open in 2010.

While it's great to see Disney getting involved with luxury hotel companies, I'm not sure WDW needs more hotel inventory (even at this very high price point). And I hate where the resort is being developed. That true wilderness area is going to lose all of that lush greenery and at 900 rooms will add too much density.

Also anxious to see what kind of special perqs Four Seasons guests get at this resort. You can bet they won't be boarding WDW buses ... not with that clientele. That won't fly at all.

On the other end of the trailer ... I mean, spectrum, Meg also announced that Disney is going ahead with the much-rumored Western Beltway project and will work with third parties on adding 4,000-5,000 value priced rooms as well as dining, shopping and limited entertainment.

Again, one wonders exactly what Disney is thinking ... 'we'll get everyone from the Welfare folks to those multi-multi millionaires' ... just seems to be very poor strategy.

The focus on WDW has been all about buildout for 15 years now and it's all resulted in overbuilding, traffic, transport issues, staffing issues, lower quality in the parks and existing resorts ... one would think Disney might put the focus back on quality instead of lowering the bar yet lower. Do we really need a Super 8, Ramada and Comfort Inn on Disney-owned land because some VPs and consultants don't want a penny being spent off-property?

• Mouse Extra Dave

Well I am not much of a golfer, nor am I made of money, so the 4 Seasons thing is wasted on me.

As far as the WB expansion, this sounds like a non-tourist centered idea. Lots of money and lots of time going into these things, with little return for the tourist. Oh well, let's hope this doesn't suck money out of the theme parks
    "You are not the first to pass this way..."
    Mouse Extra
    feeding the Disney addiction daily
    http://www.mouseextra.com/

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by dbm20th View Post
    Oh well, let's hope this doesn't suck money out of the theme parks
    Of course it's going to suck money out of the theme parks. Where do you think it's going to come from?

Well this idea really bums me out. I really like the Eagle Pines golf course, it is a fun design and I had a good time playing it. I extremely don't like that Disney is hiring outside companies to continue to come into the resort and build independent resorts. The Swan and Dolphin were one thing, Shades of Green was another, but Bonnet Creek and now the Four Seasons, this is completely against the Epcot philosophy. Disney is losing control of Disney World piece by piece, and they are going to be in way over their heads before they realize it.
    In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of fate.

DoppelV

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by DoppelV View Post
    Well this idea really bums me out. I really like the Eagle Pines golf course, it is a fun design and I had a good time playing it. I extremely don't like that Disney is hiring outside companies to continue to come into the resort and build independent resorts. The Swan and Dolphin were one thing, Shades of Green was another, but Bonnet Creek and now the Four Seasons, this is completely against the Epcot philosophy. Disney is losing control of Disney World piece by piece, and they are going to be in way over their heads before they realize it.
    They already are way in over their heads. What I want to know is, is all of this $#!+ that was started by that jackass Eisner and now the company can't get out of it? Or what? Who's pushing all this stuff? Who?

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast