Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910

Re: Staying at the Values.. like staying in a Mall!

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    What in the world is this?

1 - I didn't buy the DDP
    2 - Try re-reading your posts before you hit save

It was a comment, not a complaint.
    Why don't you re-read your posts first. I said that if you didn't buy the evil DDP you wouldn't complain. I didn't say you bought it but you did complain or as you say comment.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I just looked into taking advantage of the FL resident deal they going on the value resorts right now ($79), but none of them have anything available the one night I'm planning on staying! So it looks like either the Grosvenor or Royal Plaza for me again... or somewhere else off-site (I just need a comfy bed to sleep in).

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by BALASADA View Post
    I said that if you didn't buy the evil DDP you wouldn't complain.
    Compare that to .. what you really did say

If you didn't but they evil. ripoff DDP you wouldn't feel this way
    I didn't buy the DDP and I do feel this way. So what you are trying to say.. I still can't even figure out. Using complete comprehensible english in your posts might help.

The point is.. 'snack' used to be a snack meal.. not a piece of candy! The fact that Disney sets the bar that low is miserable.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by danyoung View Post

Why on earth not? Most of the discussion here has been triggered by your elitist stand that there should be premiums only, that people who can only afford a moderate or a value in some way don't have the right to visit WDW. Obviously a lot of people disagree with you. Why not stand up and support your position?
    AHEM Do I have to repeat myself again? Okay. I guess you don't READ.

Quote Originally Posted by NickCharles View Post
    I don't think I have much more to say here, if anything. My opinions and views have been stated and heard.
    And like I said also, many may not like my opinions, but cest la vie.

But to clarify ONE LAST TIME (I don't know why I'm even bothering). I never EVER said that people who can only afford a moderate or value "don't have the right to visit WDW." I said I don't think those hotels should have been built (well actually, the Values, although in an ideal world, not even the moderates), and that if you couldn't afford the standard properties, there were plenty of choices for you off property (or the official hotels at LBV, and while I'm at it, it would be nice if the Swan and Dolphin didn't exist either. And here's a monkey wrench for you, I'm completely against the building of the Four Seasons for different reasons!). Now, that's about as much of your bait as I'm going to chew. I had just chimed in one more time to say that I agreed with Flynnibus' points about location.

• Super Old Guy

Depending on pricing.. moderates will probably be in my next stay if I go again for a short trip. Just so I can 'sample' them.
    Whether you stay there or not, at least tour the Coronado Springs Resort, take a walk around the Lago Dorado Lagoon, check out the food court - I think you'll find that it's a definite cut above the values. For me it's practically as good as a premium, at an excellent price!

And Nick, I went back and reread your earlier posts, and it does indeed seem as if you have a problem with the bulidings, not the people who stay in them. I still can't fathom why. How does the presence of reasonably priced accommodations affect your visit? If you're staying at the Poly, taking the monorail or resort ferry, and generally living the high life, how does it influence your visit when others can stay at a Disney themed resort instead of a lesser motel on I Drive?

I'm not really trying to bait you (well, I sorta was) - I just don't understand your stance.

Blog Entries

Ok, why even counter with that if the rate is a special rate? The point was.. people keep mentioning these specialized rates.. and an expectation is established that these resorts are $60-$80/night places. The reality is their prices are much higher and only with special rates or dates are these cheaper rates available.

All the talk about the 'special' rates has clouded the perceived costs of these resorts
    I'll agree that the values aren't worth their price at their most upper level prices. I'm not going to spend 120 dollars for them, but when I can get them on the special rates I think they're definitely worth it.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Quote Originally Posted by kcnole View Post
    I'll agree that the values aren't worth their price at their most upper level prices. I'm not going to spend 120 dollars for them, but when I can get them on the special rates I think they're definitely worth it.

I definitely agree with this. I took the girls for the week in 05' and we stayed at the Pop Century and I only paid 49 bucks a night, it was perfection.

I didn't buy the DDP and I do feel this way. So what you are trying to say.. I still can't even figure out. Using complete comprehensible english in your posts might help.

The point is.. 'snack' used to be a snack meal.. not a piece of candy! The fact that Disney sets the bar that low is miserable.
    There are more snack offers than a candy bar HA HA.

The real problem is that you go to Disney and complain about it.

• Super Old Guy

Quote Originally Posted by BALASADA View Post
    The real problem is that you go to Disney and complain about it.
    Do you expect people to go to Disney and only have glowing reports of magic and happiness? Doesn't seem to be the case these days, does it?

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by danyoung View Post
    Do you expect people to go to Disney and only have glowing reports of magic and happiness? Doesn't seem to be the case these days, does it?
    Don't even bother dan.. I'll tell you why in PM

• I am number 4 of 999

Ok.. here's another way to put it. None of the themes of the Moderates appeal to me. They don't seem real compelling to me. I guess that's part of my resistance to them...
    YES! Exactly! It makes no difference to me what the wallpaper or the comforter looks like. That not why I'm at Walt Disney World!

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910