• golly gawrrsh

Monorail question

How do you get to sit up front in the nose of the monorail?
    i've seen some video's on youtube and they are up front. do you have to put in a special request or just walk up and in?
    șoș Sometimes Patrick, sometimes Karen.
    We'll let you decided who types what șoș

• Quality not quantity

Re: Monorail question

Quote Originally Posted by cooknthyme View Post
    i've seen some video's on youtube and they are up front. do you have to put in a special request or just walk up and in?
    We have ridden in the front just by asking. It seemed to be on a first come first serve basis, as long as you don't push and shove to get there. Also if you do ride in the font, be sure to ask for your Monorail pilots licence.
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."

-Mark Twain

• SpitSpot!

We asked and had to wait for 2 trains. It is easier to get the front if you go Epcot to TTC. Just ask the CM who is at the front of the que. My kids loved it! The diver wouldn't let us take his picture though. Remember to ask first
    "First of all I would like to make one thing perfectly clear.
    I never explain anything." Mary Poppins
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/26132873@N00/

All you have to do is ask. As the person earlier stated, you may have to wait a few trains, but all you have to do is ask. Remember too, they will only allow up to 4 people in the front.

• Solar Flare Foamer

Winston-Salem, North Carolina, United States

Also bear in mind, the front car is the wheelchair accessible car. So that's a factor to consider as well.

• Banned User

Sitting in the nose of the monorail is overrated. If you can't be accomodated on the next train, then SKIP.

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    Sitting in the nose of the monorail is overrated. If you can't be accomodated on the next train, then SKIP.
    Well...that's certainly a matter of opinion! I think it's a hoot. Love the view from the cone!

The best of course were the older Monorails at Disneyland in California, that had the pilot's "bubble" sticking out of the top of the front car, instead of the pilot sitting down in the front cone portion like today. There was one Guest jumpseat up in the bubble in front of and to the right of the pilot. That was a great seat! A 360 degree view from up there!

I do notice the front cone/car provides a much rougher ride than the rest of the train. This must have something to do with the front part of the Monorail absorbing most of the rail knocks as it rounds turns. But that just kind of adds to the fun of sitting "up front."

IMHO.
    Last edited by Opus1guy; 03-04-2007 at 04:30 PM.

• Why can't you tune a fish

Quote Originally Posted by ragrobyn View Post
    We asked and had to wait for 2 trains. It is easier to get the front if you go Epcot to TTC. Just ask the CM who is at the front of the que. My kids loved it! The diver wouldn't let us take his picture though. Remember to ask first
    You also cannot just ride around and around. They will "kick you off" if others are waiting fo the front.

Some of the pilots are more talkative than others.

-dave
    "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
    "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cooknthyme View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonliner View Post
    We have ridden in the front just by asking. It seemed to be on a first come first serve basis, as long as you don't push and shove to get there. Also if you do ride in the font, be sure to ask for your Monorail pilots licence.
    Quote Originally Posted by ti2gr View Post
    All you have to do is ask. As the person earlier stated, you may have to wait a few trains, but all you have to do is ask. Remember too, they will only allow up to 4 people in the front.
    Yes - as many have already stated - just ask. They'll usually accommodate you.

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    In the middle of Summer - it is a God send - as it's air conditioned!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post
    In the middle of Summer - it is a God send - as it's air conditioned!
    Last summer, only those who rode in 8 of the 12 monos were lucky to get A/C...

• Banned User

hmm, i'm seeing this thread talk about both sets of monorails... WDW's and DLR's.. lol

i've been there on WDWs... nothing much... great for videos and nothing else

• Solar Flare Foamer

Winston-Salem, North Carolina, United States

And all of Disney World's Monorail cars are air conditioned. Is this not true of Disneyland?

• Mouse Extra Dave

This experience is something a monorail lover should do at least once, if only just to see how it works and the great view of the CR as you pull through it. I would definately suggest the resort loop to do this.

It is, as was said before, somewhat dependant on the driver's personality. SOme have a great time with it, others do not
    "You are not the first to pass this way..."
    Mouse Extra
    feeding the Disney addiction daily
    http://www.mouseextra.com/

• MiceChat Moderator
    • I'm back! Sorta...

I took a chance and asked just this past visit. The driver was from Colorado Springs, and we just chatted up a storm! We had something of a poopiehead day at the Magic Kingdom (I'll detail it in a later Trip Report, once the pictures are downloaded) so it kinda wiped those problems off the map.

Simple, when you queue up, look to the front of the monorail. If there's no one up, looking as if to get on in the cab, request and see what's up!

I thought it was fun and a different perspective.

Peace,
    Roo
    husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend