Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Smile Disney Studios Attraction Ideas

If you could create one new attraction for the Disney Studios what would it be?

Re: Disney Studios Attraction Ideas

A Vault Disney attraction to replace the Great Movie Ride.
    In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of fate.

DoppelV

• Spoon!

Take the current animation tour and expand it to an omnimover style dark ride into the old Florida Animation offices. It could go by scenes depicting the history of animation, or take you into scenes of famous Disney and Pixar movies.

I used to linger in that tour, just to watch the animators work when it was an actual animation studio. Can't bring myself to take the "cliff's notes" version of that attraction now.

Excuse me, I have to go and shoo some kids off of my lawn.
    Avatar: Oh how I miss having that much hair.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by DoppelV View Post
    A Vault Disney attraction to replace the Great Movie Ride.
    Just what MGM needs.. an AA of Dave Smith.

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    Just what MGM needs.. an AA of Dave Smith.
    Heh, well, in my opinon it would beat the one of Sigourney Weaver!
    In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of fate.

DoppelV

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by DoppelV View Post
    Heh, well, in my opinon it would beat the one of Sigourney Weaver!
    You lost me... How could having another AA of an ugly man beat the original one???

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by Figmentfan15 View Post
    I think that The Disney Studios [Paris] needs too many attractions to just create one!

But The Disney-MGM Studios, I think it needs a new show first. How about something back on that Hunchback stage?

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by Figmentfan15 View Post
    On first reading, it seems like a pretty easy question. But the more I think about it, it's actually quite difficult. The reason being is that the 'studio' aspect is really rather flawed. You can put any ride into it as long as its based on the movies or based in hollywood... and it would fit. No need to theme it to the area or anything like that. And because of that, the possibilities are limitless.

The question would be... is this new ride/attraction going to transport guests into another world? Or is it only going to pretend to take them into another world?

Star Tours is one of those rides just seems to be there for no other reason than that it's a popular movie franchise. In that case, you can certainly insert a variation of an Indiana Jones ride near the stunt show and it could "fit".

What's great about the Hollywood areas is that it makes Rock'n'rollercoaster and Tower of Terror really match its surroundings. Pull any of those two attractions out of the "hollywood" environment and it wouldn't make much sense.

I think it would be cool if if they could have an RK Maroon Studios and a real Roger Rabbit ride. Not a Car Toon Spin... but a ride where you have a mix of animatronics of Judge Doom and the weasels and even Eddie Valient.. going from realistic locations and also going into the toon world. They could use the Dinosaur vehicle transports but "toon" it up. Maybe the end can involve the steamroller or something like that.

Then behind the attraction, do a fully realized rendition of Toon Town... the way it was meant to be. An actual land with things for everyone to do. NOT just a character meet & greet. Visit the Ink & Paint Club. Grab a few drinks. etc etc.

Then with Toon Town in MGM Studios, that will clear some space at Magic Kingdom to do something more with Fantasyland. They can leave Mickey's House there if they want but I think that area can be a whole lot more as well.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Mouse Extra Dave

I would do a Star Wars dark coaster, where you sit in a x-wing style fighter. As you zip around, tie-fighters are on a track that also runs and they shoot at you. A first hand view of a space battle
    "You are not the first to pass this way..."
    Mouse Extra
    feeding the Disney addiction daily
    http://www.mouseextra.com/

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by dbm20th View Post
    I would do a Star Wars dark coaster, where you sit in a x-wing style fighter. As you zip around, tie-fighters are on a track that also runs and they shoot at you. A first hand view of a space battle

So like... space mountain with star wars battles?

When I was a kid I thought as you did. And then they made Star Tours.

(while it would be fun to ride a space mountain themed to star wars, it wouldn't make any sense to have wind blowing in your face while you're supposed to be in the vacuum fo space.)

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    You lost me... How could having another AA of an ugly man beat the original one???
    Don't take that too seriously, I just don't like the AA of Weaver in the GMR.

DoppelV

Blog Entries

It would take much more than one attraction to make MGM worthwhile however if I were to have that job handed to me, I would redevelop the backlot tour. Here's my plan.

The entire tour is renamed from the Studio Backlot Tour to the Disney-MGM Special Effects Tour. The water effects show would stay but would be rethemed from Pearl Harbor to, you guessed it, Pirates of the Caribbean. This show would involved some true stunt men but still have the wonderful addition of the audience involvement. We would then move into the trams as we currently do but instead of passing through the boring "backlot" as it currently stands we would build 3-4 special effects warehouses. We could keep catastrophe Canyon as one of them but we'd add one that would do a major fire effect, maybe one that has a tropical storm hitting us, or some various ideas along those lines. I'd really allow the imagineers to cut loose and show their creativity.

In between the warehouses we could keep all the "props" that are currently found as filler. I think with the change to the water show, the addition of several special effects sound stages, the prop fillers, and the final walk through at the end which would be all about special effects in film this attraction could again be a good E-Ticket attraction and something to truly weigh down that end of the park.

If given the ability to also suggest other additions, I'd bring you Star Tours 2.0; give a major refurb to the great movie ride to remove some of the older movies and bring in some of the greater movies that todays generation knows, add two more dark rides to the park in addition to Toy Story Mania, maybe the nightmare before Christmas one that was planned way back when, and one other C-ticket style dark ride which this park is sorely missing. Once all these were approved and in place we'd do a massive refurb to fantasmic adding all new special effects and scenes, and then remove the Little Mermaid show and bring in the one from Tokyo. Over and above that, maybe we'd add some small spontaneous streetmosphere shows where a "director" is shooting a film in one of the streets and pulls out guests to act as extras in the films.

I think if all of those ideas were added to the park you'd once again have an amazing full day experience that would rival any other park in the area.

Just thought I'd bring this up, take a look if you wish!
    Toon Studios Florida

DoppelV

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Bring the Muppet Mobile Lab over from DCA.

• Spoon!

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    Bring the Muppet Mobile Lab over from DCA.
    Amen. Just finished watching the videos on YouTube. I would love to see that here in Florida.
    Avatar: Oh how I miss having that much hair.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast