Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Extra Magic Hours

I know the parks open an hour early when they have extra magic hours for resort guests. Disney says a park can open UP TO 3 hours late in the evening. I tried to call and ask but I couldn't get a straight answer. Anyone know how long each park stays open in the evening for resort guests?
    "To all who come to this happy place, welcome!"

Re: Extra Magic Hours

Until 12. I'm pretty sure.

• Dreaming of Disney World

Its usually just one hour. I've never been there when it was opened 3 hours longer for resort guest
    Look for me on Facebook: Tyler Keith Lee Tew

For all Disney News when it happens, follow DisneyverseNews at www.twitter.com/DisneyverseNews

• Jambo!

It all varies on the scheduled closing hours. You will rarely see extra magic hours run past midnight. The Average is usually 1 to 2 hours.

• Ardent WDW Enthusiast

Wait till this summer, for instance during my break the MK is having EMH on the 1st of July when it closes at midnight, so the park will be rocking until 3 am!

From what I have read on other sites, the only reason they dont say 3 hours guarenteed is if theres a bad storm (and by bad storm I mean tropical storm) they will close EMHs early.

• Sock Puppet

Underneath the "Smell Lab", and yes, dare I say, it really stinks.

You people are crazy. (Though not as bad as my pal Figment)

EMH ALWAYS follows the following schedule:

If the park has morning EMH, the park opens one hour early.

If the park has evening EMH, the park stays open three hours later. (Unless of storms of course)

No clue where you guys are coming up with the other stuff.

Parks can be open for 1 to 3 hours extra in the evening. The current "Times Guide" next to the map (of each park) will have all the current hours listed for EVERYTHING. Like one night last week, Epcot's Future World stayed open until 9 pm, instead of closing at 7 (which was the normal closing time). It just depends on the day. Don't plan your whole trip around Extra Magic Hours. You will have plenty of time to do things anyway.
    - Larisa

Everybody neat and pretty? Then, on with the show! -MMC

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Nigel Channing View Post
    You people are crazy. (Though not as bad as my pal Figment)

EMH ALWAYS follows the following schedule:

If the park has morning EMH, the park opens one hour early.

If the park has evening EMH, the park stays open three hours later. (Unless of storms of course)

No clue where you guys are coming up with the other stuff.
    While I don't have any official site backing me up, I can concur that everytime we have taken advantage of EMH it has always been 1 hour in the morning and 3 after close. I've never seen any flextime between 1-3 hours in the evening and we go pretty often.

• Sock Puppet

Underneath the "Smell Lab", and yes, dare I say, it really stinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Risa View Post
    Parks can be open for 1 to 3 hours extra in the evening. The current "Times Guide" next to the map (of each park) will have all the current hours listed for EVERYTHING. Like one night last week, Epcot's Future World stayed open until 9 pm, instead of closing at 7 (which was the normal closing time). It just depends on the day. Don't plan your whole trip around Extra Magic Hours. You will have plenty of time to do things anyway.
    Those are not EMH, those are normal hours. That has to do with a 2 hour window prior to EMH. On those nights, the Future World attractions are open until midnight. (If the park closes at 9pm)

Rather than close the attractions at 7 as normal, they keep the rides open for the bridge period between 7pm and 9pm, when EMH starts.

The entire time I worked at Epcot, EMH was one hour in the morning and three hours at night. I think Disney puts in the provision for "up to three hours" in case there is a special reason that they need to close early on a particular day. But even on wicked nights like NYE, DMGM kept to the three hour EMH, which kept them open till around 3am. Typically at Epcot, we would stay open until around midnight, but we also had a very regular schedule. It wasn't uncommon for MK to stay open past midnight with EMH.
    In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of fate.

DoppelV

With the Extra Magic Hours one theme park will open 1 hour earlier in the morning and one theme park will stay open up to 3 hours later in the evening. The schedule for extra magic hours changes frequently based on season and during busy times a park may have Extra Magic Hours more than once in either the morning or evening. Last Night for instance was Magic Kingdom, the park closed at 11pm, but with Extra Magic Hours resort guests were in the park until 2 AM.

It is also necessary to point out that Extra Magic Hours only pertain to specific attractions. Not every attraction, shop and restauarant will be open. Typically the most popular attractions will be open, major shops such as Mouse Gear at Epcot or Emporium at Magic Kingdom, and a few quick service places will be open.

• Basking in birthday love

We thought that EMH only gave us one hour on either side, so we were really pleasantly surprised when we got to MGM and found that we were going to have three extra hours, plus a second showing of Fantasmic. That really saved our butts, and let us get in everything else we wanted to do at a fairly leisurely pace.

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

• Banned User

just a hint for those of you who have never experienced EMH. The park can be as crowded if not more than during the day because only one park is open to resort guests at a time so all the resort guests (and a few non guests who know how to cheat the system.) are in one area rather than being spread out in four theme parks and two water parks etc. the wait times for some of the popular rides can be as much as an hour and you only get three extra hours

• Frustrated A/V Engineer

It's been my experience that the park that's open for morning EMH will become more crowded than normal by midday. You can still get a lot done in the first 3 hours or so - then it's best to hop to another park or back to your hotel for a swim and/or a nap. For me the MK works really well in the morning, as there's a lot of stuff open for business, like most of Fantasyland and most of Tomorrowland.

I have yet to take advantage of evening EMH, but many people say that that park will be insanely crowded at first. It's not really hard to see why the morning works out differently than the evening. In the morning you'll have far fewer people who are willing to get up extra early to take advantage of the early opening (they are on vacation, after all!). But when a park is open later, the crowd will be slowly gathering all afternoon. By the start of an evening EMH 3 hour session, things tend to be jam packed. But if you can be patient, the crowds diminish quickly, and the final 90 minutes or so can be really fun. At least, that's what I've read . . .

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

On my most recent visit to Walt Disney World. I went to many Early Mornings. I got a lot done in the first hour at each theme park. I did not participate in any of the Extra Magic Hours at night.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast