• If We Can Dream It...

A new idea for Epcot based on the old

Okay, so I've been having a little fun on this slow sunday. I've came up with a couple of ways to bring new attractions to Epcot with out have to remove existing attractions take a look:

Idea #1: A New Horizons

Alright the key for above is:
    Purple/Pink = New Structure (Horizons)
    Orange = New Pathway
    Green = New Greenery
    Blue Structure = New multi-level dining location & Restrooms
    Blue area behind structure = redesigned backstage areas

The new Horizons would exist in the same track layout and structure as the original. The structure would recieve a new color scheme (possibly silver) to match the more modern FW. Inside only the "looking back at the future" section & Omnimax theaters would be rebuilt, everything else would be redesigned. The "choose your ending" finale would return but, of course, with new films. The ideas of family & earth, sea & space will also remain. The adjacent structure in blue, would be as mentioned two level, and would have new restrooms and a small counter service location to help easy the load of sunshine seasons.

Idea #2: A new World of Motion

The Key:
    Purple/Pink = Addition onto Test Track (Houses WOM)
    Orange = New Pathway
    Green/Yellow = New Greenery

WOM would return in a shortened and modified version. This time it would feature its old incline beginning & would also have many key scenes return such as the Big City scene, the sea dragon/sailing ship, the above london scene, etc. The futurecore city would still be the final of the attraction. Most of the speedrooms & weaker scenes would be removed. Some new scenes will be created to show case newer technology. I'm not quite sure if it would work out but, if possible the ride's exit would empty them into the GM showcase area. If that didn't work then a small little display area would be the exit.The actual structure itself will be built to the left of TT's entrance area. Portions of the show building will be on top of the TT track. The height of the addition will match the current structure and will be done in a similar style (steel panels). The little barn/shed by TT's track will be repositioned behind the new structure (see illustration)

Idea #3: New Addition to Innoventions' Southeast quadrant & other Innoventions Changes

Sorry, no illustration!

This new structure would require the demolition of: the restrooms on that side & some of the adjacent pathways. The major draw of this addition will be the tranfer of COP to Epcot. A new theater will be built in the addition, part of which will extend into the little lake area. Along with COP, the addition will include a new restroom facility, a DVC center (with the idea that they would then remove all of the carts), & new exhibits.
    The entire Innoventions pavilion will return to its Communicore layout with main hallways & windows (of course it would be handicap accesible). The Innoventions name would be retained but, only the house of innoventions exibit would be retained from the current exibits. Alec Tronic will return and become a new exibit on AA's. Tom morrow will return to be the "host" but, this time he will be a full figure AA that looks like the old Timekeeper AA (kinda like DL's Tom Morrow)

That's my ideas, what do you think?
    Last edited by horizonsfan92; 03-04-2007 at 05:38 PM.
    - Horizonsfan

• Dreaming of Disney World

Re: A new idea for Epcot based on the old

I like your ideas and ive always thought that one ride should not be an entire pavilion at Epcot. Like Mission: Space and Test Track both represent two different pavilions with one ride. So bringing back the world of motion sounds great to me.
    Look for me on Facebook: Tyler Keith Lee Tew

For all Disney News when it happens, follow DisneyverseNews at www.twitter.com/DisneyverseNews

You have some great ideas there. Why isn't Disney smart enough to do these things? You should really think about sending these ideas to Disney. I know I would enjoy it if these ideas went through. Good post.

• 333: I'm only half evil!!

Blog Entries

I would love to see Horizons back again...I can still remember the smell of the oranges!!
    AP Holder.
    Stay at home mom of 4 - Austin, Tyler, Sierra and Ashlyn.

• Solar Flare Foamer

Winston-Salem, North Carolina, United States

If I'm not mistaken, early concept drawings of World of Motion had it as two separate rides. One a Test Track like future car and then the Dark Ride runthrough. Don't see why they could retrofit a similar idea.

While we're at it, let's retrofit Test Track into a futuristic version of the ride. I'd even settle for the ride being concealed indoors so we don't have to hear those engines running outside the building. All that racket doesn't make for a soothing environ. I don't care if they call them Rocket Rods, as long as it's classed up and futurized a lot.

• Mouse Extra Dave

I think you've done some nice work here, and I love the visuals, but let me play devil's advocate here.

1. Haven't the concepts of WoM and Horizons already play themselves out as limited shelf-life attractions that would need expensive and frequent updating to remain relevant?

2. Since corporate sponsorship is key in these pavilions, do we really think we can find a sponsor for Horizons, or the GM would pay the bill for an expansion to a concept they already deleted?

3. Wouldn;t we prefer to move forward with new ideas that break the mold?

Just some thoughts
    "You are not the first to pass this way..."
    Mouse Extra
    feeding the Disney addiction daily
    http://www.mouseextra.com/

• far, far away from DL

I miss those rides. Ahh, the good old days. Nice slow family rides.

• Say no to Assimilation

Quote Originally Posted by disneygirl View Post
    I miss those rides. Ahh, the good old days. Nice slow family rides.
    I have some fond memories of Horizons...
    "He who knows only his own side of the case, knows little of that. His reasons may be good, and no one may have been able to refute them. But if he is equally unable to refute the reasons on the opposite side; if he does not so much as know what they are, he has no ground for preferring either opinion" --John Stuart Mill

• If We Can Dream It...

Quote Originally Posted by dbm20th View Post
    I think you've done some nice work here, and I love the visuals, but let me play devil's advocate here.

1. Haven't the concepts of WoM and Horizons already play themselves out as limited shelf-life attractions that would need expensive and frequent updating to remain relevant?

2. Since corporate sponsorship is key in these pavilions, do we really think we can find a sponsor for Horizons, or the GM would pay the bill for an expansion to a concept they already deleted?

3. Wouldn;t we prefer to move forward with new ideas that break the mold?

Just some thoughts
    Hey, no problem! It gets the brain working

In response:
    1) This one is difficult to answer. I personally think small things such as color schemes, fabrics, and color designs make the attraction modern (and later dated) to advoid this they could be changed every five year or on some sort of regular schedule.
    2) I'm sure there would be some company, especially computer related, that would be willing to sponsor Horizons. They were able to sign Siemens to SSE & more, why couldn't they do that to another company for Horizons. Disney just has to have the effort. On the GM side, I'm not too sure how willing they would be to pay for a good portion of the ride. I'm sure Disney would have to help pay the bills. If Disney were smart they could market this to GM as a way to attract everyone put off or afraid of TT.
    3) Yes, new is always great but, I feel that these ideas still have a place at Epcot. Horizons keeps the future in Future world. (you could argue M:S but, that's a stretch.) WOM would make the GM pavilion actually somewhat informational. Also, as I stated above, a good portion of these rides would be removed/redone/majorly refurbished but, of course the memorable scenes & key scenes stay.

I would send ideas to Disney but, they hold true their no outside involvement policy. Glad you guys like them though!
    - Horizonsfan

• If We Can Dream It...

Okay, I've got a drawing for my Innoventions idea:

Key
    Purple/Pink = New Structure
    Green = New Greenery
    Orange = New Walkways
    Blue = Water

The southeaster section of the addition is where COP would go (the roundest part of the addition). Notice that all the roof removed for the Innoventions entrances are removed. As stated above, the floor plan would follow the old Communicore layout with two main entrances and one side entrance for each quadrant. Finally, the pin central building will be demolished. In its place will be a planter with a new wait board for Epcot.
    - Horizonsfan