• Banned User

Carving up and selling off the World

I found this on Screamscape. I just don't get WTF Disney is doing. They are destroying Walt Disney World. See this in it's original context http://www.screamscape.com/html/walt...rld_resort.htm

(3/2/07) I received a little insight as to how the whole Four Seasons deal may have come around. There has been some corporate shakeup within the Four Seasons company lately where the hotelier’s two largest investors (Bill Gates and Prince Al-Waleed bin Talal) just finalized a deal two weeks ago to take the company private for an estimated $3.4 billion. If the name Prince Al-Waleed sounds familiar to you, he has been involved for some time in the EuroDisney Resort where he came in years ago to add financial support to the struggling resort in it’s first bout of bad times and now he apparently owns 10% of EuroDisney S.C.A., the second largest parner after Disney’s own 39.78% stake. It’s said that Prince Al-Waleed has been asking Disney for quite some time now to let him place a Four Seasons hotel on site at Walt Disney World in exchange for his continued and possibly additional financing support for EuroDisney SCA.
    (3/1/07) Walt Disney World made two surprise announcements today about a major expansions planned for the resort. Disney has struck a deal to construct a 900 acre luxury resort and commercial district on the site of the current Eagle Pines and Osprey Ridge golf courses. The new site will be anchored by an official Four Seasons hotel and include an 18 hole golf course, like keeping one of the two existing courses or perhaps some kind of combination of the two. The site will also include an area for “single and multi-family vacation homes and fractional ownership vacation homes.” Screamscape has heard that the land itself for that has been rezoned from Reedy Creek to Orange County to prevent anyone else’s agenda from getting in the way of Disney and Reedy Creek which is pretty much their unofficial district they maintain control over.

• Vehicle rotating backward

Re: Carving up and selling off the World

They are replacing a golf course with a golf course, a hotel, and some shops on the far north end opposite the current existing shopping district.

Your drawing seems to cover up a fair amount of water as well.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMania View Post
    They are replacing a golf course with a golf course, a hotel, and some shops on the far north end opposite the current existing shopping district.

Your drawing seems to cover up a fair amount of water as well.
    It isn't my drawing, it came from Screamscape. And what about de-annexing more of the land?

• I miss those 4 trees!

Money...money....money. It all boils down to that...always. The difference is, now we ask "at what cost to the original WDW plan?" No one wants the company to NOT stay afloat...it's just the way they DO make it sometimes that seems, well, so unDisney, right? This seems creepy that the WD co. was strong-armed by this guy to make a deal or he would pull support in Paris. I don't like the idea of chopping up pieces of WDW property like this. Once land is gone....it's gone. Very sadly, at the end of the day, it is just a company...and companies do things like this all the time. Eisner should have built that park in Spain! Hopefully, this new resort area will be done very well and add to the overall resort (I'm trying to be positive lately). I just hope this doesn't start a trend. SCARY!!!!

• It was not ME

This whole thing is just weird, yeah Four Season resorts are nice, but they are not Disney resorts, they lack that Disney flair, I hope this does not come about.