Thread: New Year's Eve

Smile New Year's Eve

We are going to Disney World over New Year's Eve, can anyone give me suggestions on which park is the best to celebrate the New Year's? We will have 8 adults in our group and 5 children, ranging in age from 6 to 16.

• Sock Puppet

Underneath the "Smell Lab", and yes, dare I say, it really stinks.

Re: New Year's Eve

Head over to the Disney-MGM Studios on NYE for the best fireworks around, and head over to Magic Kingdom for the same fireworks show as NYE, but on the 30th. Epcot's fireworks for NYE, although unique, are not as impressive as the ones at Magic Kingdom and the Disney-MGM Studios. Now, for the 4th of July, Epcot is the place to be!

• SpitSpot!

I was there New Years Eve and it was a crazy experience. Never in my life had I seen so many people crammed into one place. We were in MGM. Arrived just after opening. We had planned to stay until after Fantasmic! We rode TOT, RRC, Backlot Tour and Star Tours. We saw LMA, and Beauty and the Beast. We did get some autographs ( Kim Possilbe and Ron Stopable, Woody) and saw the parade. But mostly we stood in line. All the rides happened before noon. We head rumors that Epcot and Magic Kingdom had closed the gates before 11 AM. I cannot confirm this. We left 7:30 because the line up for Fantasmic was all the way up Sunset Blvd. We didn't think we would get a seat. It took almost 1 hour to walk from BatB Theatre to the Main gate. It was Shoulder to Shoulder all the way.

I did hear that D MGM Studios was the least crowded. We ended up swimming at POP and watch fireworks from the Lake. We enjoyed ourselves.

Would I go again at New Years Eve? Probably. But I would go to Animal Kingdom during the day and watch Illuminations from Boardwalk or Wishes from the Poly.
    "First of all I would like to make one thing perfectly clear.
    I never explain anything." Mary Poppins
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/26132873@N00/

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I've never been to the parks on NYE but I did go to Pleasure Island once about 7 years ago. It was so freaking cold that year (it was nice until Christmas, then temps dropped like you wouldn't believe for the next 2 months). Back then they offered food along with drinks for the big party so besides the entertainment (the year I went, the bands were Duran Duran, Chic and Foreigner), the food/desserts buffets were worth the ticket price for the most part.

Thanks for the responses. They're really helpful! I'd love any more suggestions anyone else has.

• Sock Puppet

Underneath the "Smell Lab", and yes, dare I say, it really stinks.

The Disney-MGM Studios is not crowded by any means on New Year's Eve. During the day all of the parks are crowed though. By the time the 3rd Fantasmic! rolls around, you colud walk in and get a seat a minute before showtime. But Fantasmic! isn't the fireworks show. That is seperate, a show called, "Lights, Camera, Happy New Year!" which is the best (& Longest) New Year's Fireworks show on property.