Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Sector Two Droid Repair

Question Team Possible at Epcot?

Is the cell phone game Team Possible still going on at Epcot? I remember last summer they had a test of it. Did anything come of it?
    This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
    Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Re: Team Possible at Epcot?

Last time I was in Epcot was January and I didn't see/hear anything about it.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Nope, the test ended and there is no update as to when it will be released if at all.

Funny you asked this question, we were at Epcot on Sunday and we stopped at Guest Relations to ask if they were ever going to release it and was told they have no updates and could only confirm that they did the test and that's it.

• Banned User

I other words, the whole thing was a failure of epic proportions.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I other words, the whole thing was a failure of epic proportions.
    Thank god. I don't care for Kim/Team Possible at all.

• The Darkness to Light

A shame. It actually brought a different kind of appeal to World Showcase that wasn't there before, specifically to today's tween market that is all about VMK and iPods and texting their friends while they wait in line to ride Test Track with their PALMickey.

But, yeah, they could have picked a better character overlay than Kim Possible. I guess they wanted a Disney character that globe hops, and she was the only one in the character roaster that would appeal to today's "Disney family."

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

We took part of the Kim Possible test and I can tell you as someone who isn't a Kim Possible fan really, this was probably the greatest thing we have ever done at Epcot.

It was interactive, it took us to a few countries but not to much where it was tiring and we had fun as a family because we all played together.

I think this was far from a failure, in todays age of computers and technology, this added Disney with a great twist of digital.

Here is my review of the experience and I personally would pay to do it again.

http://www.micechat.com/forums/showt...&highlight=kim

• I was deleted.

Sadly, I think the connection with this might've been too little - too late. Technology, especially with communication media is RAPIDLY changing and this is the start of season four of KP - which means it will end soon. So... maybe something new is what's best?

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by BigPigletFan View Post
    Sadly, I think the connection with this might've been too little - too late. Technology, especially with communication media is RAPIDLY changing and this is the start of season four of KP - which means it will end soon. So... maybe something new is what's best?
    What about actually slowing down to enjoy the park for it's themed surroundings, feel and aura, as opposed to using some gadgets and gizmos to make the place more fun in a... shall I say... artificial way???

• The Darkness to Light

You should know just as well as anyone else here that most of the average guests don't do that unless they themselves slow down, and often it's by accident. Even I am guilty of that when I went to DAK in 2002, which means I missed out on all the wonderful gardens and lush scenery during my visit because of how my family and I kept ride and show hopping just to keep on schedule.

Wait, why does that sound familar?

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    What about actually slowing down to enjoy the park for it's themed surroundings, feel and aura, as opposed to using some gadgets and gizmos to make the place more fun in a... shall I say... artificial way???
    I guess that depends on your definition of artificial. I personally think it adds to the theme and the ambiance of World Showcase. You know I go and enjoy the parks in the way you described above but I think this should be an "optional" thing for people to consider. I don't believe it takes away anything, but again that goes back to everyone's definition. What works for me, appears to not work for you.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Following The Optimist

It's too bad they don't own/or use the Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego? series for World Showcase. Now that would be fun.
    -Monorail Man

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Quote Originally Posted by Monorail Man View Post
    It's too bad they don't own/or use the Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego? series for World Showcase. Now that would be fun.
    I love that game! That is to bad, it would be a great theme for the World Showcase.

• The Darkness to Light

I'm sure Disney can negotiate a deal with the company that owns the game. Who knows? Maybe they can revive the series!

Disney could just take the concept and make it their own. Who wouldn't be up for a game of, "Where in the world is Mickey Mouse?" (Hidden Mickeys hints sent via cell phone)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast