Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Banned User

Re: Haunted Mansion refurb to disappoint

Quote Originally Posted by I like the old hub View Post
    This about sums up what I've felt for a long time now. People will always go to the MK ,so why make it better? It is making money regardless. It is like the prostitute with herpes and no teeth that everyone still loves. Okay...that is a graphic analogy.
    Actually that is a good comparison, simply because I feel the MK lacks "bite" in some areas.

In the meantime, skip the Mk this year and hit Disneyland instead! I just came back from there and it was worth the extra money!! Spend your money where the love really is!
    Good advise, and it applies to TDR as well.

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by evilqueenrocks View Post
    Ummmm...maybe I'm just blind but I went to the link and didn't see anything about the Haunted Mansion. Help...
    Its almost the last paragraph on the second page. a single sentance.

Blog Entries

From the article:

The Haunted Mansion at Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom will be getting some of the enhancements that its counterpart at Disneyland recently received. The Circlevision film at Epcot's China pavilion will be upgraded. Also at Epcot, The Three Caballeros characters will be inserted into the Rio del Tiempo ride at the Mexico pavilion.

• Inhospitable about happy

I agree with tloolgb. Cool your jets, people. The Screamscape "insider" report is in direct conflict with "insider" reports from other sources, like the one reported by Jeff Baham (aka "Chef Mayhem"; "Doombuggies"). Here's what he said on 2/1:
    The latest intel - it sounds like a "new" bride will be installed in the next few weeks - it'll be interesting to see if the changes are very obvious. The figure has been updated since the first "new" bride was installed last year, and as I understand it, this second "new" bride will be tweaked a bit more once it's placed, until a third "new" bride becomes more or less permanent, which might be in place by summer. Eventually, the whole thing will be added to Orlando's HM as well.
    He updated this on 3/11:
    "New" new bride update, hot off the grapevine - take it for what it's worth: Sounds like Constance 2.0 (the same character and performance - just tweaked technology) will be installed in the new WDW attic before she makes her way into Disneyland. So I don't expect to see the "new" new bride in DL before this fall, at the earliest - possibly not until after Haunted Mansion Holiday is uninstalled in '08.
    http://p080.ezboard.com/fdisneyshaun...tart=1&stop=20

• Yes?

"some of the enhancements" Well, that's vague enough for you...
    Quote Originally Posted by larasound View Post
    am I the burrito man?

Blog Entries

This info the thread is based off of is also coming from screamscape and we all know how reliable their info is. I'd rather take something from Jim Hill than them.

• Banned User

I think this whole thing is just a miscommunication. I think what happened was they decided not to expand the exit of the Haunted Mansion to build a gift shop (a wise move) and so the project got scaled back because of that so when they heard "scaled back" they took that as "no upgrades" and thats how rumors get started.

Although im alittle concerned when he says "SOME of the upgrades". Now if I recall Disneyland really only got a new seance room and attic so I don't see why we wouldn't be getting everything disneyland got.

• The Ghost Poster.

You're forgetting this is from another site, not from official reasoning. But it may be true. Pretty much all of Disney is people in suits who trot around with money bags. There not in it to make others happy, There in it for the green. So, It may be true, but it may not. We'll just have to wait and see.

" Doombuggies: The scariest transportation around! "

• Sock Puppet

Underneath the "Smell Lab", and yes, dare I say, it really stinks.

Quote Originally Posted by NickCharles View Post
    Once upon a time there was a small gift shop though. Just down the hill from the entrance, it might have even been above the Keel Boats (that's another thread), there was a small gift shop that was themed to the HM with flickering chandeliers, CM's in HM costumes and cobwebs and HM themed wallpaper. It sold postcards of the HM as well as some other items. I remember buying postcards of the HM there so clearly. What is it now? Or is it just closed like so many other places and things?
    Well, it's now a broom closet. That thing was very tiny. But I do remember it, and it was just to the left of the entrance gate for the mansion. They moved that stuff into Leota's cart.

But a well-themed gifttshop, neither one was. Leota's cart was cute, but it's a cart. Theming is everything.

As for not exiting into a giftshop, I find it odd that they would remove that piece of the budget, but when I was told a certain new attraction opening in 2008 at the Disney-MGM Studios wouldn't exit into a giftshop, I was shocked. Something's up, and it seems like the "all rides exit into a giftshop" phase is coming to a close.

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Nigel Channing View Post
    Something's up, and it seems like the "all rides exit into a giftshop" phase is coming to a close.
    Thank god. Maybe the loss rate for these shops is high.. with that many people moving through the shop constantly.. I'm sure its hard to stop shoplifters

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    Thank god. Maybe the loss rate for these shops is high.. with that many people moving through the shop constantly.. I'm sure its hard to stop shoplifters
    "Thank God" was the first words that came out of my mouth too. I'm SOOOO glad there will be no exit into a Gift Shop for HM, I'd be vigorously opposed to that.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostbuster626 View Post
    I think this whole thing is just a miscommunication. I think what happened was they decided not to expand the exit of the Haunted Mansion to build a gift shop (a wise move) and so the project got scaled back because of that so when they heard "scaled back" they took that as "no upgrades" and thats how rumors get started.
    I like that logic.

• Another trip down I-4

Hey, miscommunication works for me. Oh well, won't really know until it's open again and we ride it!

MK has been really disappointing lately. What even worse is that the attendence still goes up which means MK will keep falling apart until people stop paying to enter the gate.

Blog Entries

MK has been really disappointing lately. What even worse is that the attendence still goes up which means MK will keep falling apart until people stop paying to enter the gate.
    That might be true if it weren't for the fact that we have several upcoming rehabs on the way for us including the HM, Swiss Family Treehouse, and Space Mountain and Jungle Cruise which haven't been scheduled yet. The only other one which really needs it is the Country Bears.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast