Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• The Darkness to Light

Re: Haunted Mansion refurb to disappoint

Quote Originally Posted by Ringu View Post
    MK has been really disappointing lately. What even worse is that the attendence still goes up which means MK will keep falling apart until people stop paying to enter the gate.
    Give it time. Eventually, the ticket price will jump up so high that nobody would bother reserving a room even off property just to go to that theme park. What's the price now? U$70+ per day or something like that?

Quote Originally Posted by kcnole View Post
    That might be true if it weren't for the fact that we have several upcoming rehabs on the way for us including the HM, Swiss Family Treehouse, and Space Mountain and Jungle Cruise which haven't been scheduled yet. The only other one which really needs it is the Country Bears.
    It all depends on how extensive the rehabs are for said attractions. If it is just to make sure everything is up to code, then nothing will change. If new effects and other "big ticket" changes are being installed, then that should warrent people coming back.

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by Ringu View Post
    MK has been really disappointing lately. What even worse is that the attendence still goes up which means MK will keep falling apart until people stop paying to enter the gate.
    When was the last time you visited yourself? Personally we were just there 2 weeks ago.. my wife had nothing to complain about upkeep wise.. and even I had to hunt to see anything that was really detracting. I honestly didn't see anything shocking or 'OMG will that fix that!' in any of the 4 parks I visited. While there may be minor things.. show me something that impacts one's trip?

Quote Originally Posted by ZeekSlider View Post
    Give it time. Eventually, the ticket price will jump up so high that nobody would bother reserving a room even off property just to go to that theme park. What's the price now? U$70+ per day or something like that?
    $71.36 and that's for a single day pass.. which few people buy. The more average pass is something like a 5 day which is $220 or $44/day.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    When was the last time you visited yourself? Personally we were just there 2 weeks ago.. my wife had nothing to complain about upkeep wise.. and even I had to hunt to see anything that was really detracting. I honestly didn't see anything shocking or 'OMG will that fix that!' in any of the 4 parks I visited. While there may be minor things.. show me something that impacts one's trip?

$71.36 and that's for a single day pass.. which few people buy. The more average pass is something like a 5 day which is $220 or $44/day.
    $71.36 for a single day pass? What a bunch of rip off artists!

• Were you there?

Thank god. Maybe the loss rate for these shops is high.. with that many people moving through the shop constantly.. I'm sure its hard to stop shoplifters
    Bingo! Plus too many things were getting damaged by the high traffic rate through small gift shop aisles. A lot of attractions will just be exiting "next" to gift shops instead of through them.

The HM upgrades are still on as planned, regardless of what the screamscape rumor said. Believe it or not, money is beginning to flow into the MK and WDW again. I can not believe that no one has commented on how stunningly lovely Main Street looks. It looks the best it has in a long time and more rehabs/maintenance to the buildings in the park are on the way.

BT

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by btwnguy_22 View Post
    I can not believe that no one has commented on how stunningly lovely Main Street looks. It looks the best it has in a long time and more rehabs/maintenance to the buildings in the park are on the way.
    But it's still one big plush mall right? And Center Street west is still gone right? Closed off so they can selll more plush? And tacky sweatshirts? And all the unique shops that used to exist STILL don't exist anymore right? The Fire Station still isn't a Fire Station, right?

• Were you there?

Yes but you're opening a whole new ball of wax now. Last time I checked *maintenance* does no nor did not make those decisions. My point was great care has been taken to make Main Street *look* beautiful.

Some of those decisions you mention were not even made directly by local managers. Yeah I would love to have those unique places back, but I would also love the days back where per cap merchandise sales weren't dictated to managers by corporate...

BT
    22 is NOT my age (unfortunately)...

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by NickCharles View Post
    The prices are that way to control perception and to steer customer buying habits. They don't want you buying a one day pass, and have priced it accordingly. Start thinking bigger picture rather then focusing on the individual items

• Banned User

The prices are that way to control perception and to steer customer buying habits. They don't want you buying a one day pass, and have priced it accordingly. Start thinking bigger picture rather then focusing on the individual items
    Yeah, but if I was a Florida resident within driving distance from WDW, what? Is $71.36 a reasonable price to pay for the Magic Kingdom? I think not.

• Banned User

I like the mainstreet mall. you can find everything you need in one spot and avoid the crowds waiting for the night parade and fireworks as well. as far as the firestation goes..I like the shop that's in there, what would you put in instead? if you didn't have a shop in the firestation then you would have nothing, just empty space and the doors would be closed all the time.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Cmash95 View Post
    I like the mainstreet mall. you can find everything you need in one spot and avoid the crowds waiting for the night parade and fireworks as well. as far as the firestation goes..I like the shop that's in there, what would you put in instead? if you didn't have a shop in the firestation then you would have nothing, just empty space and the doors would be closed all the time.
    Umm it could be like it used to be. It could be like it is in Disneyland Paris, or Disneyland. Main Street could once again be unique, with different shops selling items unique to those shops, not the bland boring plush mall it has become. The Firestation was not a store, and shouldn't be a store.

• Yes?

Yeah, but if I was a Florida resident within driving distance from WDW, what? Is $71.36 a reasonable price to pay for the Magic Kingdom? I think not.
    In a word...yes. I am a FL resident and have annual passes. The ones with no blackout dates but not including the water parks. They cost $339 before tax. My family goes about 4 times a year and our trips are no less than 3 days at a time. So with a minimum of 3 days in a park each trip 4 times a year that breaks down to $28.25 per day. But $71 is not a reasonable price for only one day in one park.
    Quote Originally Posted by larasound View Post
    am I the burrito man?

• Why can't you tune a fish

Not at all, but if you were a FL resident and you saw a single day was $71.36 and an annual pass was - what around $350 - Mine was $412 but I am out of state - you would think you are getting a great deal with the AP

-dave
    "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
    "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

• Why can't you tune a fish

But it's still one big plush mall right? And Center Street west is still gone right? Closed off so they can selll more plush? And tacky sweatshirts? And all the unique shops that used to exist STILL don't exist anymore right? The Fire Station still isn't a Fire Station, right?

There is a lot more than plush in there, but you are right - its one gigantic store that has lost a LOT of its charm.

The other side of the street was done a lot better. Even though all stores are interconnected, there are distinct transistions. between them.

-dave
    "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
    "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

• Pilot EdForceOne

Florida residents have their own discounts and special AP pricing as well. Again.. Disney doesn't price themselves to be attractive to one-day dodgers and intentionally so.

They want to get more out of you up front, increase the per guest spending, and they do that by making the multiday tickets attractive and the single day tickets unattractive. Its all about inticing people to spend more up front.

Same reason a universal 2 day ticket is only ~15 more then a single day ticket. They want to increase the revenue per guest. Give someone a 'value' and they'll buy more then they might otherwise.

Same reason the sale items are your grocery store are listed as '3/$10' rather then just $3.33 when the original price is $5. The goal is to get you to spend $10 instead of $5.

• Gt Big Beautiful Tomorrow

In the main, I still think Disney parks are great value for money. But I expect my attractions to be in tip top shape with live entertainment everywhere. Sadly WDW falls down on these points compared to even 10 years ago.
    Let's put the Walt back in Disney!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast