Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

• Pilot EdForceOne

Re: Haunted Mansion refurb to disappoint

Quote Originally Posted by Phonedave View Post
    Not at all, but if you were a FL resident and you saw a single day was $71.36 and an annual pass was - what around $350 - Mine was $412 but I am out of state - you would think you are getting a great deal with the AP

-dave
    Exactly.. someone who may start off thinking they'll just go for 2 days and spend $150-$200... will be enticed to spend $350 because 'its such a deal'. Now disney steered you towards spending more then you originally intended.

• Gt Big Beautiful Tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by NickCharles View Post
    Umm it could be like it used to be. It could be like it is in Disneyland Paris, or Disneyland. Main Street could once again be unique, with different shops selling items unique to those shops, not the bland boring plush mall it has become. The Firestation was not a store, and shouldn't be a store.
    Sadly DLP was Walmarted some time ago. No longer unique there either.
    Let's put the Walt back in Disney!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by davewasbaloo View Post
    Sadly DLP was Walmarted some time ago. No longer unique there either.
    But the Fire Station is still a Fire Station, isn't it? And all the stores are not interconnected are they? Main Street was never intended to be a giant shopping mall vacuum, sucking money out of people's wallets. I doubt Walt would like what Main Street has become at WDW.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    Florida residents have their own discounts and special AP pricing as well. Again.. Disney doesn't price themselves to be attractive to one-day dodgers and intentionally so.

They want to get more out of you up front, increase the per guest spending, and they do that by making the multiday tickets attractive and the single day tickets unattractive. Its all about inticing people to spend more up front.

Same reason a universal 2 day ticket is only ~15 more then a single day ticket. They want to increase the revenue per guest. Give someone a 'value' and they'll buy more then they might otherwise.

Same reason the sale items are your grocery store are listed as '3/$10' rather then just $3.33 when the original price is $5. The goal is to get you to spend $10 instead of $5.
    They shouldn't discriminate against the one day visitor that only wants to visit the Magic Kingdom. On the whole, I can't defend Disney on the pricing. Espeically since, as someone else pointed out, that for that price they expect their attractions and the park to be in tip top shape and top quality, which, as most everyone agrees, the WDW MK is not.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by evilqueenrocks View Post
    In a word...yes. I am a FL resident and have annual passes. The ones with no blackout dates but not including the water parks. They cost $339 before tax. My family goes about 4 times a year and our trips are no less than 3 days at a time. So with a minimum of 3 days in a park each trip 4 times a year that breaks down to $28.25 per day. But $71 is not a reasonable price for only one day in one park.
    $28.25 per day. Yikes! I remember when it cost $8 to get into Disneyland!

• Pilot EdForceOne

They shouldn't discriminate against the one day visitor that only wants to visit the Magic Kingdom.
    You can't please everyone. Disney knows their core audience, and is catering to that. Not many people come to Orlando for just one day. They come for several.. and some try to split that up amoungst the various attractions. Disney's pricing models are built specifically to attract that customer from NOT doing that, and spending more time at Disney. Same reason for Magical Express.. values on property... on-property perks.. etc.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    You can't please everyone. Disney knows their core audience, and is catering to that. Not many people come to Orlando for just one day. They come for several.. and some try to split that up amoungst the various attractions. Disney's pricing models are built specifically to attract that customer from NOT doing that, and spending more time at Disney. Same reason for Magical Express.. values on property... on-property perks.. etc.
    Regardless, I have a low opinion of it. Just lik DDP. And FP everywhere.

70+ dallars for one park is a total ripp off. I don't care what their market goal is, but to charge that amount of money for probably the worst magic kingdom type park is just ripp off. I had a friend who is an animal lovers would like to check out seaworld + AK until she founds out the price tag for AK. She felt that is absoutly blood sucking. There are a lot of people who love zoo and animals but don't care roller coaster or theme park ride. Maybe that why Disney had to built EE to attract more thrill seekers because they know they are not going to attract real animal lovers to their version of zoo by costing them 70+ dollars. What a shame

They shouldn't discriminate against the one day visitor that only wants to visit the Magic Kingdom. On the whole, I can't defend Disney on the pricing. Espeically since, as someone else pointed out, that for that price they expect their attractions and the park to be in tip top shape and top quality, which, as most everyone agrees, the WDW MK is not.
    Couldn't agree more. Right now all they want is your money and on top of that, they try everything they can to prevent you from going to Universal or Seaworld. I think that is low.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringu View Post
    70+ dallars for one park is a total ripp off. I don't care what their market goal is, but to charge that amount of money for probably the worst magic kingdom type park is just ripp off. I had a friend who is an animal lovers would like to check out seaworld + AK until she founds out the price tag for AK. She felt that is absoutly blood sucking. There are a lot of people who love zoo and animals but don't care roller coaster or theme park ride. Maybe that why Disney had to built EE to attract more thrill seekers because they know they are not going to attract real animal lovers to their version of zoo by costing them 70+ dollars. What a shame
    A one day ticket purchased at the gate is the same price at Seaworld also. While you can a cheaper option if you buy it online or right now Seaworld also has there "buy one day, get the year free" option at the gate, the fact remains that your friend would be spending $70.00 to get into either Seaworld OR AK for a day, so I don't understand why she was surprised with AK's price and not Seaworld's? Its not just Disney in the Orlando area that has a ridiculous single day ticket price. Every major park in the Orlando area has the same priced single day ticket, with "deals" that get better the longer you stay with said park operator, something Disney has mastered with their Magic Your Way ticket strategy.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by CTXRover View Post
    A one day ticket purchased at the gate is the same price at Seaworld also. While you can a cheaper option if you buy it online or right now Seaworld also has there "buy one day, get the year free" option at the gate, the fact remains that your friend would be spending $70.00 to get into either Seaworld OR AK for a day, so I don't understand why she was surprised with AK's price and not Seaworld's? Its not just Disney in the Orlando area that has a ridiculous single day ticket price. Every major park in the Orlando area has the same priced single day ticket, with "deals" that get better the longer you stay with said park operator, something Disney has mastered with their Magic Your Way ticket strategy.
    Disney is the trendsetter though.

Disney is the trendsetter though.
    That is not necessarily the truth. Over the past several years, Seaworld has actually been the first to raise its price. I believe the most recent hike was from Disney, but Seaworld and Universal have raised prices many a times before Disney did. In fact, there was probably a period of 6-8 months where Disney had the "cheapest" single day ticket in the Orlando area just a few years ago. Unfortunately, they all follow each other eventually regardless of who is the first. I completely agree the single day price is outrageous for any of the parks. However, imo, Disney offers the best bang for your buck for a typical family on a 6-7 day vacation to the parks with their Magic your way ticket scheme....Call them selfish or greedy, but it IS a business, and they have finally found a way to keep people on their property.
    Last edited by CTXRover; 03-17-2007 at 07:33 AM.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by CTXRover View Post
    That is not necessarily the truth. Over the past several years, Seaworld has actually been the first to raise its price. I believe the most recent hike was from Disney, but Seaworld and Universal have raised prices many a times before Disney did. In fact, there was probably a period of 6-8 months where Disney had the "cheapest" single day ticket in the Orlando area just a few years ago. Unfortunately, they all follow each other eventually regardless of who is the first. I completely agree the single day price is outrageous for any of the parks. However, imo, Disney offers the best bang for your buck for a typical family on a 6-7 day vacation to the parks with their Magic your way ticket scheme....Call them selfish or greedy, but it IS a business, and they have finally found a way to keep people on their property.
    You know, that whole "well it IS a business" excuse is used so much to justify any type behavior. It just doesn't hold water anymore.

So let's just say that ALL the theme parks in Orlando are ****heads and leave it at that.

You know, that whole "well it IS a business" excuse is used so much to justify any type behavior. It just doesn't hold water anymore..
    In respect to the theme parks, its likely used because all too often we seem to live in the fantasy world Disney and the other theme park operators try to create and forget that they are there to provide fun, enjoyment and escapism, but on top of that to make money. When I said it "is a business", I was referring to Disney's very succesful attempts to keep the cash flow within their own borders, not to justify the high ticket prices. Even if I agree the price is outrageous, imo $70.00 for one day at the Magic Kingdom or any of the Orlando parks is relatviely quite the bargain compared to the $120-140+ tickets per person for decent seats at a professional sporting event or a broadway play, etc.

Now I just hope they use that money they made and do this refurb right. Even if screamscape was right about cutting the new entrance, exit with gift shop and new graveyard scene that have been simply rumors on message boards imo, I am hoping for improved lighting, audio, scenery and the few new upgrades from Disneyland HM, notably the floating Leota head and maybe the new changing portraits in the attic (I wasn't a real fan of the new bride at DL, but I wouldn't mind the change).
    Last edited by CTXRover; 03-17-2007 at 10:06 AM.

• The Darkness to Light

Like I said, at least they are getting at tech upgrade. Now I can't say that all the profits made from tickets and merch. sales goes into their pockets. Most, but not all.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345