Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Summer's Update - AK/EP - 03/10/07

We decided to head over to Animal Kingdom on Saturday, my honey Phil I finally convinced him to buy a Seasonal Pass so he tagged along on this trip.

As always should you wish to see all the photos I took that day, please visit HERE.

Can't go anywhere unless we have gas!

Yay! We are here! Fastest hour ever.

As we had not eaten breakfast, we tried Rainforest Cafe, I must say the food was really good!

I had the meat omelet with potatoes.

C had the french toast bread for kids, she didn't like it very much.

Phil had the Belgium waffle, it looked sooo good.

With breakfast behind us, we headed towards the park entrance. There was this talking palm tree, similar to PUSH at Tomorrowland, who C was playing with, was very cute.

After passing through the throngs of people taking a shot of the tree of life, we decided to head back towards Safari as I heard there are more animals out during the morning hours. However, we got a little sidetracked when I saw my favorite blue character, Stitch!

Time for Kilimanjaro Safari! The wait time was only 20 minutes at 11 am, not bad.

While waiting in the queue, I noticed this sign, not sure if they meant to misspell the word off but it sure looked funny anyway.

Funny how a lot of people take this two week tour.

As stated before, the animals were out! I got some great closeups, especially the hippos, who tend to stay underwater, they were bathing on the sand today!

This rhino looks like he's about to lay the smack down on this bird.

Gators! Eek!

This baby giraffe was so close to the truck. So Cute! Momma wasn't very far though.

This elephant kept throwing hay on its head. Does anyone know why they do that? To keep cool!.. What a great concept. LOL

I just love cats, why you ask? Because they spend most of their time sleeping, but at least they were in a spot we could see.

Oh no Poachers!?!

Yay! Little Red is saved!

After that we hit the Pangani Nature Trail to check out some more animals. Some gorillas were taking naps in the shade, it wasn't to hot that day which made it nice to see everything.

The little on kept kicking the big one, then the big one would smack the other on the head and then rub it's back. Go figure. Was funny though!

Then our day got interrupted by some airplane who felt inclined to leave a message in the sky. It said, "Got God. U?" Time and place people, time and place.

This tree lady is fantastic, I highly recommend if you see her to watch her while she moves, she's very interesting!

We did manage to catch Flights of Wonder (bird show), another must see IMHO, it has a great message and was very entertaining.

It was during this show that I had a "Magical Moment," I got to go on stage and bring my camera. The host had me sit on a box and aim my camera so I can take a photo of an owl midflight and have it land just above my head. She just said wait for impact (not comforting) and her comes the bird. Well this is what I got.. LOL

And this is the owl herself. So beautiful.. it was such a great experience.

They eventually brought out the bald eagle, her name is Hope. The woman in this picture, I've seen host the show before, I prefer her over the host we had but it was still good none the less.

After that we ran into a little trouble as C had went roller skating the day before with her after school program and she had a blister on her heel that ballooned into the size of a quarter. So we headed to first aid and got her all patched up. I asked if she wanted to go home and she said she was fine, we can go to Epcot. (We had dinner reservations at Japan) Ever the trooper, I wonder where she gets her obsession from.

So we left Animal Kingdom and headed to Epcot, I snapped some photos of the signage along the way, I know, I'm so sad.

The first ride we hit, was of course, Spaceship Earth.

Since it was about time for our reservation we headed toward World Showcase and what did I see? Well! The Globe for Illuminations! So for all those people that thought it might be in refurb here is proof it's not.

The rest of the evening was just a nice leisurely stroll around WS, I have to tell you that this place is soo beautiful at night. I don't have very many photos to post but I did manage to snap the chef at dinner.

The End.

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

Re: Summer's Update - AK/EP - 03/10/07

Great photos Summer! Thanks for sharing!
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

• Minion

Excellent pictures....looks like you guys had a great time
    GrouchyRob Fan!!

• Diamond In The Rough

Great pics - thanks for sharing!
    Gotta love the skywriter - perhaps the time/money would have been better spent elsewhere...

"I'm gettin' kind of fond of you, kid.
    Not that I want to pick out curtains or anything."

• World Traveler

Thanks for the great pictures summer! I'm glad you had a great time. C's French toast looked yummy.

• I was deleted.

Nice photos! I'm so glad Phil joined you once again! He knows he loves it! And Fern is very cool as long as the crowds watching her aren't blocking the walk way! And nice photo of the globe, just for Woly!

• Why can't you tune a fish

Nice photos. I has seen that sign and wondered myself - I do believe that "eat of it" is correct in a way. It means "eat it". Maybe its supposed to reflect the dialect?

That talking tree is named "Wes Palm" in case you want to call him/her by name

Edit: Seeing as it's name is Wes, I assume its a him.

-dave
    "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
    "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

• Circle of Ancients

Awesome pics Summer!!!

Is it May yet? October? December?

• This space for rent

Great photos and trip report, thank you for sharing them.

I also agree about the sky writing. I always wonder to myself how much does it cost, and how can they afford to do it almost daily over Disney, or sometimes over near Sea World too.

• May the F=ma be with you

Thanks for posting this TR.

Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL View Post
    Since it was about time for our reservation we headed toward World Showcase and what did I see? Well! The Globe for Illuminations! So for all those people that thought it might be in refurb here is proof it's not.
    A reference to me!!
    Last I heard, the globe was due for refurb this month. I guess that the video system is still not ready.

Quote Originally Posted by Phonedave View Post
    Well, if your parents can't teach you, maybe you can learn from a taser.

• SpitSpot!

You were so lucky to see the Hippo's out of the water! Thanks for sharing!
    "First of all I would like to make one thing perfectly clear.
    I never explain anything." Mary Poppins
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/26132873@N00/

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Quote Originally Posted by ragrobyn View Post
    You were so lucky to see the Hippo's out of the water! Thanks for sharing!

I was thinking that too, even the driver stated that it was highly unusual for them to be out of the water. It really was a beautiful day though.

As far as Phil, I'm getting him, he actually let it slip the other day that he loved Disney.

Great pictures! Thanks for sharing!
    I forgot to tell you guys, when we were at WDW on our last day, there was sky-writing over the Grand Floridian that said: "Jesus Loves You". I just found that odd being as it was directly over Disney property.
    I have never seen the tree person. How cool! I need to make sure and explore AK more in depth when I am at WDW next time. Who knows what I'll find?!
    - Larisa

Everybody neat and pretty? Then, on with the show! -MMC

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Hippos. Hippos out of water. Badness. Very very bad.
    You're lucky you survived.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Quote Originally Posted by tloolgb View Post
    Hippos. Hippos out of water. Badness. Very very bad.
    You're lucky you survived.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I had my trusty water bottle of protection.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast