Thread: Soarin

Soarin

Have the lines for Soarin been extremely long?!?!
    Megan

• Wishin' I was at WDW.

I'm still on my vacation at WDW, and last Thursday the line for Soarin' around 6 pm was 45 min. I had a FastPass, though.

Yesterday afternoon I went with a friend of mine to ride around 3:30 and FastPasses were gone for the day and the line was posted as 65 min, but took about 80. When we were leaving the attraction, I looked at the wait time and the new wait time was posted as 90 minutes.

It's a great attraction and I didn't mind waiting in line for it at all yesterday. But then again, I was with a friend and had someone to talk to, so.... if you're going it alone, you might get a touch bored waiting since there isn't much to look at in the queue.

Hope this helps!

• Mostly Harmless.

Hit it first thing in the morning that seems to be the best time for it.
    He felt like his life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.
    follow us on Twitter! @MickeyMutineers
    DisregardListen to our podcast on iTunes!

• Banned User

Delaware...hopefully not for that much longer.
    Is Soarin' cool? Based on photos, it seems like it has ruined the theming of the Land pavilion, but if it is an AWESOME ride, that could be forgiven. I miss Food Rocks, and the Kitchen Kabaret, though...

Soarin is a really cool ride although I was only on the one in DCA. The Video footage is awsome and in the end you go over Disneyland. I especially like that they have smells like the oranges.

• Again! Again! Again!

FastPass is the way to go. I was shocked at how long the queue was! I would have hated to have been stuck in the line. Yikes. And since the ride is the same as DCA's, FP is the way to go.
    Founding member of the B.A. I LOVE US!!
    FratSor Sister-Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ
    I bring the magic!!!
    "If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I wouldn't jump with them, I'd be at the bottom to catch them"
    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend DMother
    Girl bonding is just so necessary. It's just as important as "me" time. A good girl bonding session leaves you feeling so refreshed. I think of it as a NEED vs a want. There are just things that you need to talk to other women with. You may have the best relationship in the world with your husband, but there are just times you need your girlfriends. It makes for a healthier and happier you which makes everything else you do better.

• Banned User

I suggest going and getting a Fast Pass, then ride the other attractions in the Land and eat lunch, and by then, your Fast Pass should be valid depending on the crowds that day. Right now you don't need a Fast Pass for Living with the Land.

• Banned User

Soarin you need a FP unless you hit a day when most people are in school..... but that wont happen till aug-sept...

if not the line is "long"

• Wishin' I was at WDW.

Quote Originally Posted by MotorBoatCruise2005
    Is Soarin' cool? Based on photos, it seems like it has ruined the theming of the Land pavilion, but if it is an AWESOME ride, that could be forgiven. I miss Food Rocks, and the Kitchen Kabaret, though...
    After reading articles online on some other sites (like D-Troops), I was convinced that The Land makeover was going to be bad. But you know what?

"Soarin'" fits in beautifully with The Land pavilion. "Soarin'" is a gentle, yet enthralling, attraction the whole family can enjoy and fits in nicely with "Living with the Land" and "Circle of Life" attractions, which are also gentle and enthralling in their own ways.

Actually, while riding it, I was reminded of how much like an EPCOT movie of old it really is... and them some... with the ride technology and the scents. It's like taking Epcot's great CircleVision films to the next level.

The pavilion itself is still beautiful inside. It's been modernized, but still is true to the original color and design scheme from the early 80s. My only problem with "Soarin'" is that its queue is such a dismal waste of space. I really do wish they'd given us something to look at besides some large pictures of landscapes and neon.

Seating location makes a big difference in the Soarin' experience. When you get to the loading area (after the blue neon room), ask to wait for front row, center. I believe it's section B1? Or possibly A1? Whatever it's called, it's row one of the middle section. You might have to wait an extra show cycle but I believe it's worth it. They put us there by chance on Saturay. Quite a treat!

I waited with a friend for about 60 minutes (that was the posted standby time) on Saturday at 11:30 am. When we got out it was posted as 90 minutes. Get there early!

• Wishin' I was at WDW.

Yes, It was Section B Row 1 for front and center on Soarin'. Luckily, I was seated there the other day. Imagine my surprise! I had already forgotten from a few days before, and thought Section B was the second tier of the glider....

• A Real Disney Attraction

Quote Originally Posted by ron10036
    My only problem with "Soarin'" is that its queue is such a dismal waste of space. I really do wish they'd given us something to look at besides some large pictures of landscapes and neon.
    That is really disappointing to hear. I have only been on the DCA version and I am suprised that Disney didn't go further in making a unique queue experience for Epcot's version. It's not like that they weren't aware of some of the criticisms of DCA's Soarin' queue. Why not spend .001% more and at least put some video screens in with a faux history of aviation featurette. Anything, it doesn't even have to be a video.

Is Indy the best they can do? Do they really think Fastpass is a big enough reason to abandon Disney's competitive advantage of having A+ queues? WDW hasn't had a great queue built since ToT. You could maybe count ITTBAB, but by admission, that attraction wasn't planned with the walkways and animal carvings.
    -Mike

I actually think the Epcot queue is a step up from DCA's. ... Very nice plasma screens showing scenes from nature settings all over the world, entry through an airport like area. I can't complain about it at all. The new food court is another matter.

• A Real Disney Attraction

Like I said, I haven't been to it yet. I'm sure it's better then DCA's queue - it shouldn't take much. From the pictures it doesn't look like it's on the same level as Indy or Space Mountain though. I mean, come on, these realistic settings are starting to get a little old. A little convenient for every new queue to take you to a "real place" to set up the story. Blandness instead of greatness.

Test Track - real testing facility
    M:S - real training facility (>chuckle< yeah right)
    Soarin' - real airport
    CTX/Dinosaur - real museum/research institute
    RNRC - real recording studio
    -Mike

^^^I agree. Test Track is the worst. Just so loud and industrial.