Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• A Real Disney Attraction

Well, 7 years ago the way the rumors were flying around, it sounded like it would have made Disneyland's toontown look like a Disney store display.
    -Mike

The average DL guest lives in the media capital of the world. They are much savvier and have a lot stronger ties to 'their park' which is how they view DL. They know when they are getting screwed. They understand when management is horrible. Heck, how many WDW CMs even know who their management exec team is. How many Epcot workers have a clue who Brad Rex is? Do you think the average MK foods worker could tell you who Phil Holmes is if he was standing next to him/her?

Most WDW guests fit the tourist/bumpkin/middle America/WalMart shopping/Gap buying/Olive Garden eating/ Chevy driving stereotype. They are so far removed from their Anaheim brethren, it's like day and night. And rest assured the average resident of Kissimmee or Clermont or Apopka or Dr. Phillips doesn't have all warm fuzzy feelings for the Mouse. Maybe in 1985, but not today.

That's why Disney can get away with almost anything in Florida, while it can't in SoCal.

Quote Originally Posted by ChiMike
    Disneyland could never get away with half the stuff Walt Disney World does. Look what happened when they tried to adopt the WDW system to the resort upon DCA/DTD opening. Look at Light Magic. Do you think WDW would have folded up that monstrosity because the locals hated it! HAHAHAHAHAH! Never, that would have only encouraged them to double it's showings. WDW can't even come to terms with Stitch and JIYIW/Figment & Dr. Nigel Channing @ Imagination Institute part 5 version 2b.

Frankly, I'm sick of hearing the DL'anders whine about the 50th. Is it fair that Florida got a bunch of stuff, nope. However, we did get Cinderellabrationexpaliodoucious, while they got what is probably the best fireworks show ever. They get rid of septic waves and have the subs coming back and we get a water fountain filled with pooh smack dab close to the middle of Fantasyland. They get Fastpass attractions cut down on and WDW is patenting more Fastpass upcharge perks.

Could you imagine DL putting in cosmic waves infront of Storybook Land? There would be pitchforks and burning hay.
    to be fair WDW had two rather largue parks (I'll call them one and a half day since some people will say Epcot is two day and others will say that honar is the MK's) before they started adding in these half day ventures (in comparison to DL were they added one more half day park first thing)

as far as 50th whining goes I've been one to point out that WDW would've gotten these clones anyways and they really arn't all that high key, they work collectivly but individualy not too much to brag about except maybe Soarin (which is still pretty margional) then again I'm not a huge showperson I like things that take me places more then I like watching live actors (so I don't view a motor stuntshow as much and I deffinatly don't see Cinderrellabreation as much and it's low raitings don't make me like it anymore either)

I don't see what's too wrong with cosmic waves (fine the grossness was bad and I will now be disguested with the memory of actualy running through that but hey I didn't know at the time :P) it's a perfect small addition to go along with a redo of a land of course it wasn't well thought out and rotted through which is very dissapointing but of all the things I dislike about TL98 (and there are quite a few) cosmic waves is at the bottum of the list

I do think however if Cosmic waves replaced an attraction I would be more upeset and annoyed by it (much as I am annoyed at Rocket Reds for being one of the only resturants to litteraly replace an attraction *and it doesn't even have AA entertainment >_>*)

• A Real Disney Attraction

Great points. Cosmic Waves was simply a waste of money. There is always this talk where everything built or operated now-a-days must justify it's cost:benefit. Cosmic waves is a great example of when budgets DON'T matter and it's rather a problem with the taste and perspective of Disney decision makers. Maybe Innoventions could have benefited from the extra capital Cosmic Waves wasted.

I guess we agree about 50th whining. I don't see anything spectacular about what WDW received. I think DL still came out ahead. Quality over Quantity. The price tag might not show that, but I think for the long term, DL did better. I was last in WDW before the stunt show, Soarin', or Cindouhfudeherbrellaurhywiyhwiue opened, and I really can't find a reason to visit that side of I-Drive again until EE opens.
    -Mike

• WDW FAN

Quote Originally Posted by ChiMike
    Cindouhfudeherbrellaurhywiyhwiue opened, and I really can't find a reason to visit that side of I-Drive again until EE opens.

What is EE???

Sorry, I've been a little out of "toon" with WDW since I left in Oct 03, but I'm moving back to be a management intern.

• Mostly Harmless.

Expedition Everest
    He felt like his life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.
    follow us on Twitter! @MickeyMutineers
    DisregardListen to our podcast on iTunes!

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota
    And rest assured the average resident of Kissimmee or Clermont or Apopka or Dr. Phillips doesn't have all warm fuzzy feelings for the Mouse. Maybe in 1985, but not today.
    Sad but true. I know alot of people who live around the Orlando area that HATE anything that has to do with whom they call, "The Rat".

• Official Mice Chat person

Just want to say something real quick, about the 50th whining. I LOVED what they gave and did for DL for the 50th. So not everyone whined. WDW gets more attendance and has more space, so new rides naturally will end up there. No complaining here, that's just how it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Disneylandrocks55
    Just want to say something real quick, about the 50th whining. I LOVED what they gave and did for DL for the 50th. So not everyone whined. WDW gets more attendance and has more space, so new rides naturally will end up there. No complaining here, that's just how it is.
    it's not just that

WDW HAS to keep adding new things to keep people coming back

when you think about it Walts statement of Disneyland never being complete is a bit redundant because if they ever do say it's complete it would just get diminishing return trips until finaly the public would just loose interest theme parks like all other forms of entertainment must change constantly and provide new things to stay entertaining

• Mostly Harmless.

Back to the 20k tank... The building is still there right? What are they going to do with that?
    He felt like his life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.
    follow us on Twitter! @MickeyMutineers
    DisregardListen to our podcast on iTunes!

• Vulcanian Exile

So, they demolished Mr. Toad's Wild Ride because there was a lack of space, and then paved over the lagoon a few years later.

Wonderful.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12