Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Banned User

Delaware...hopefully not for that much longer.

My rant on 20k leagues lagoon demolition

I've seen photos of before and after...and I gotta let this one out!

20K Leagues Lagoon should have stayed.

The new area is nothing special--some planters--and a Pooh playground is just the kind of stupid idea I knew they'd have.

Also:

You see, the major thing is: THEY WANTED TO GET RID OF EMPTY SPACE. Well, they changed the space from water to land, but it is STILL EMPTY SPACE! Stupid Disney!

• Banned User

It's just the first step in about 30 other steps. Just wait and see what gets put in.

• Banned User

Delaware...hopefully not for that much longer.
    I have a feeling the "temporary" Pooh area will be there in ten, twenty, maybe thirty years...

• Banned User

Perhaps... but the Pooh area is very small. Don't worry about it. Look at the land that is around there. I tell ya, that whole side of the park has a lot of promise. Tomorrowland's Indy Speedway is getting outdated. Mickey's Toontown Fair is small enough to be redone and expanded as Mickey's Toontown. And that 20k plot as well as some extra land backstage creates enough room for just about anything.

• Banned User

they have stated that they not have room for 3 D-ticket rides....

or 2 E-ticket rides.... and pooh wont take up much land... besides... everyone knows what happends to "temporary playgrounds"

• Banned User

What the heck did you do to Gregory's avatar?!

• Volleyball Dad

Quote Originally Posted by Bill
    It's just the first step in about 30 other steps. Just wait and see what gets put in.

At 11 years per step ( how long this has taken) - it will be the year 2335 before it would be complete.

And the best idea they could come up with for Fantasyland was a playground -- wow !
    " Disney Parks- far from perfect- but still a great shelter from the storm "

• Volleyball Dad

Quote Originally Posted by MotorBoatCruise2005
    I have a feeling the "temporary" Pooh area will be there in ten, twenty, maybe thirty years...

you are exactly right.....I can't believe after 11 years of nothing, except for lying up front that it was going down for rehab.....that a Pooh playground is satisfying people. take some of the most expensive land per foot in the world and erect a playground -- like installing port a potties on Rodeo Drive.
    " Disney Parks- far from perfect- but still a great shelter from the storm "

So what do you really think, VBDAD?

What can I say that I haven't before? WDW used to be about grand attractions and adventures. Remember when they weren't called rides? So instead of Captain Nemo's stylized subs taking guests on a journey 20,000 Leagues under the sea, we get a McPoohPlayground. But again, this is what the idiots running the place think the guests want -- and sadly, for the most part, they're right.

I'll also repeat something I believe I posted elsewhere before. A friend who works for WDI has told me there are numerous ideas floating around for that land, that very pricey real estate as you call it. But this person also cautions that it's all blue sky right now and as long as folks are happy with a playground and fountain area for kids to swim, urinate, defacate and generally ooze in, that's all that's gonna be there for a very long time.

more means there will always be more

WDW has too much in many ways as we've already discussed on several different forums

they've built more then Disney seems to be willing to keep up and now they're using their size to an advantage

like I've said on many Disneyland forums WDW gets almost everything first because it has the larger stomach for the margional

if something isn't good in WDW they'll just not build it elsewere and if it's not people will shrug it off and say "just wait for the next thing" WDW has so many people visiting that the mildly popular will still pack people in

of course now it's gotten worse because now they're aiming even lower because they can just add margional and get away with it at WDW

the fans shrug it off because they see all that other land as just more infinate possiblities and they'll just tell you "who cares we've got land to spare just wait for the next big thing if you don't like this"

And I'll keep on saying that WDW gets away with WaltMarting its product because it has a much larger base of typical tourists (i.e. bumpkins) that will gladly accept anything with Mouse ears on it. They just keep lowering the target.

• A Real Disney Attraction

Disneyland could never get away with half the stuff Walt Disney World does. Look what happened when they tried to adopt the WDW system to the resort upon DCA/DTD opening. Look at Light Magic. Do you think WDW would have folded up that monstrosity because the locals hated it! HAHAHAHAHAH! Never, that would have only encouraged them to double it's showings. WDW can't even come to terms with Stitch and JIYIW/Figment & Dr. Nigel Channing @ Imagination Institute part 5 version 2b.

Frankly, I'm sick of hearing the DL'anders whine about the 50th. Is it fair that Florida got a bunch of stuff, nope. However, we did get Cinderellabrationexpaliodoucious, while they got what is probably the best fireworks show ever. They get rid of septic waves and have the subs coming back and we get a water fountain filled with pooh smack dab close to the middle of Fantasyland. They get Fastpass attractions cut down on and WDW is patenting more Fastpass upcharge perks.

Could you imagine DL putting in cosmic waves infront of Storybook Land? There would be pitchforks and burning hay.
    -Mike

• Banned User

there were enough complaints to somewhat fix stitch.... and enough to get figment back into epcot.. thought they did make it a bit annoying...

• A Real Disney Attraction

Not even close.... Not admiting that a core concept stinks and simply tweaking it is far different then trashing a brand new $40 million dollar parade because the locals dislike it.
    -Mike

i love the idea of toontown fair becoming Disneyland's Toontown by using that space

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast