Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Los Angeles, California, United States, United States
    People in hell probably want ice water, we don't always get what we want :devil:

Quote Originally Posted by MotorBoatCruise2005
    Well, back on topic, I think the Skyway back would appease those who wanted it and those who didnt would leave it alone. You cant say its ugly ,it was there most of the park's life...
    as Bill said you can say it was ugly

and it effects plenty of things for people who don't like it

views stuff dropping on our heads spit those are all fun things

Quote Originally Posted by Bill
    All we have is a confirming a major E-ticket attraction to go in there. That's in. A mountain is my speculation based on the observations I've made in the park and location wise it is the perfect spot. I have a good feeling that Disney sees this and will take advantage of it.

The tomorrowland rumors have been around forever.
    Uhm ... exactly who has confirmed what?

As to wanting the Skyway back, well I want the Disney quality I grew up with back, but all the wanting (and wishing upon a star) ain't gonna make it happen. That's why I find threads like this a waste of energy. (note: I am NOT saying anyone is wrong from starting or taking part in them).

• Banned User

Delaware...hopefully not for that much longer.
    WDW1974, I realize that starting this thread was not going to make the Skyway appear again. I just wanted to see if anyone shares my sentiment on the Skyway. Seems most people are glad it's gone.

^^^I understand completely. ... As to where I stand on the Skyway, I liked it (even though heights aren't my thing), but I do understand why it was done away with. I also feel that so many other things have been taken away that Ienjoyed more and added to the WDW experience more.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by WDW1974
    Uhm ... exactly who has confirmed what?

As to wanting the Skyway back, well I want the Disney quality I grew up with back, but all the wanting (and wishing upon a star) ain't gonna make it happen. That's why I find threads like this a waste of energy. (note: I am NOT saying anyone is wrong from starting or taking part in them).
    Ask any manager in the park or basically even an imagineer, they'll all tell you a major e-ticket is in the works for that spot. That's all you'll get though.

• A Real Disney Attraction

While a skyway attraction would be impractical in today's Magic Kingdom, I would say that I thought the design and execution of MK's skyway was superior to DL's. Which is no surprise since MK's benefited from being constructed along with the park.

I think in settings where one is looking at animals or even in transportation uses like at Blizzard Beach they are still very valuable additions to a park. However, they were much more of a novelty then practical transportation at the Kingdom parks. The novelty dissipated and I can understand why it is a good thing for them to no longer exist.

What I don't like is the train of thought Disney employed in their removal. For DL's removal it was a pinprick sign of things to come on both coasts. Having three of the four stations rotting away in highly visible locations off of the midways only makes the matter more frustrating.
    -Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Bill
    Ask any manager in the park or basically even an imagineer, they'll all tell you a major e-ticket is in the works for that spot. That's all you'll get though.
    In other words, all rumor and hearsay. Heck, I have a friend at WDI who has said they have multiple ideas for that land, but that it is all blue-sky so far.

People want to see an E-Ticket or three built on the lagoon site, so they speak hopefully. But I wouldn't expect anything for a loooooong time.

(but oh would I like to be wrong!)

Quote Originally Posted by ChiMike
    What I don't like is the train of thought Disney employed in their removal. For DL's removal it was a pinprick sign of things to come on both coasts. Having three of the four stations rotting away in highly visible locations off of the midways only makes the matter more frustrating.
    Letting things sit in the open and rot is SOP at Disney these days.

Seen River Country recently?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12