Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Banned User

Delaware...hopefully not for that much longer.

I want the Skyway back NOW! It's integral to the park

Stereotypical thread concept, but I want the Skyway back!

Its absence from the park is very noticeable, even years after it left. It is very obvious that it isnt there.

After all it was always a pretty integral part of the motion and atmosphere of Fantasyland and Tomorrowland. I once saw the TTA hum by with the Skyway overhead, and it looked--well--GREAT!

The Magic Kingdom, unlike Disneyland, already has a loss of some Tomorrowland and Fantasyland motion because their Monorail doesnt enter the park! So the Skyway needs to come back purely to make the place less stagnant!

But also, I know everyone says the views of the rooftops were not exceptional. I barely looked at the rooftops...I would look across the park at other lands, or at the 20K Lagoon, but not at the boring rooftops.

Spitting/throwing things is another supposed issue...although it wouldnt be the most eye appealing option, they could encase the open air part of the buckets with glass. This would make picture taking hard, but it would prevent that sort of throwing/spitting stuff.

Another issue is supposedly loading. Well, in TDL, they had a Skyway that practically ran itself. Loading and unloaded was all automated, instead of needing lots of tired, lazy Cast Members to do it...and that'd be the perfect solution...

Walking thru Fantasyland, heading to Liberty Square, you can just feel the emptyness. Yeah, everything ELSE in that area is still open (Small World, Peter Pan etc), but there's nothing soaring overhead, and the building at the end (the empty Skyway building) is so obviously an old attraction, that it's sad.

You can also tell where almost every pylon for the Skyway was, because most were on planters, and the planters are still around.

PUT THE SKYWAY BACK!

• insufferable know-it-all

Took me a sec to realize you'd put this in the WDW forum. I feel the same way about DL!

Disagree about the glass though - too hot, they'd never pay for a/c to the buckets. Sadly, there's no real "cure" for bad kids. They could redesign the door latch to prevent people from jumping out, but tossing things would be harder to stop.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

And if they did air condition them the Florida humidity would just make the glass fog up.

At least you have the people mover. Dumbo and the tea cups and the carrousel all provide motion in Fantasyland.

The lighting alone makes me not want the skyway in the MK. Besides, if it doesn't go through the Matterhorn, what's the point?!

I kid because I love

• Banned User

Peoplemover is in Tomorrowland, and it doesnt provide that much motion--because the vehicles are HARD TO SEE, as they're the same color as their track. They should be silver and RED or something so they stick out more! It barely looks like anything is ever running on the Peoplemover track since the vehicles blend in...

Quote Originally Posted by MotorBoatCruise2005
    Peoplemover is in Tomorrowland, and it doesnt provide that much motion--because the vehicles are HARD TO SEE, as they're the same color as their track. They should be silver and RED or something so they stick out more! It barely looks like anything is ever running on the Peoplemover track since the vehicles blend in...
    boy the red would kinda make them ugly in contrast o_O

motion isn't THAT important and you can see the Peoplemover pretty darn well

Tomorrowland is the land of motion not Fantasyland

Skyway wasn't the nicest looking thing in my opinion

now if they'd find some actual uses for those skyway stations

seems only Tokyo found a decent use for theirs

• (harmlessly)

I'm intrigued -- what did Tokyo do with theirs?
    The Hedgehog's Dilemma

• Banned User

There is no need to bring the skyway back to the Magic Kingdom. A new mountain is being planned for Fantasyland, a new ride is being planned for the old skyway station in Tomorrowland (demolition of the building) and there are plenty of other things that take attention away from the skyway. The Astro Orbiter in the Magic Kingdom has spinning planets and and lights, the TTA adds lots of motion, and the CoP building spins every few minutes. In Fantasyland, the Skyway building still exists. That is something that should be fixed. Turn it into something else.

The original poster mentioned that it's obvious that the skyway was once there...

I disagree completely. Out of all the planters, there is only one planter that still exists where one pylon for the skyway was planted. The other planters have all been removed. The roofs were bad show, and still are. Just because you didn't look at them doesn't mean that other people didn't. The skyway was a hazard and the park is better with out it. It was good while it lasted, but there's not really a need for it now.

Also, the mountain for Fantasyland is rumored to go in the 20k space in about five years. Tomorrowland would see something else much sooner, unfortunately, it's that bumper cars rumor we keep hearing about.

• Banned User

The mountain in Fantasyland is not a good idea..I've read about it. Villain Mountain, I believe is the name. This seems like it will be a no-kids, thrill ride that we do not need!! Especially in FANTASYLAND!!!

I would rather see the Skyway, in Tomorrowland, then bumper cars..

• Banned User

That is not the mountain I am referring to. Villain mountain was canned a long time ago from what I hear.

And the Skyway was nothing. I don't want to see Bumper Cars, but there is so much that can be changed in that area, adding the skyway back would be costly and isn't really a good fix for anything.

• Banned User

Then what mountain ARE you referring to?

Skyway = nothing? Are you joking? It added a lot of motion and atmosphere and made it feel like more was going on...

Bill were did you get this info from? I have never heard such things announced all that I've heard is the whole playground thing

Quote Originally Posted by MotorBoatCruise2005
    The mountain in Fantasyland is not a good idea..I've read about it. Villain Mountain, I believe is the name. This seems like it will be a no-kids, thrill ride that we do not need!! Especially in FANTASYLAND!!!

I would rather see the Skyway, in Tomorrowland, then bumper cars..
    fantasyland in MK is so kiddie a coaster might do it some good

Matterhorn is a good redeaming thing in Fantasyland for this

no land should be geared only towards one demograph if you ask me, best to have something for everyone (sure it can excel with mostly one demograph but to have zero interest is pretty sad)

Tomorrowland isn't getting bumper cars it's getting the flying saucers which is different then that

• Banned User

All we have is a confirming a major E-ticket attraction to go in there. That's in. A mountain is my speculation based on the observations I've made in the park and location wise it is the perfect spot. I have a good feeling that Disney sees this and will take advantage of it.

The tomorrowland rumors have been around forever.

• Banned User

Well, back on topic, I think the Skyway back would appease those who wanted it and those who didnt would leave it alone. You cant say its ugly ,it was there most of the park's life...

• Banned User

I can say it was ugly and bad show. Just because something has been there most of the park's life, it doesn't mean that it's not ugly. I can think of a million things in the parks that have been there since they opened, and they shouldn't be there.

• Having a Grand Day!

I will chip in.

Big huge pylons. Black cables. Buckets. Stations. Rooftops. Ugly.

Movement can be provieded in a different, slightly more attractive way.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast