Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Sock Puppet

Underneath the "Smell Lab", and yes, dare I say, it really stinks.

Post Disney's Pirate and Princess Party in August & Sept. Dates, Price Increase Overdue

As I mentioned in an earlier thread, the party is coming back. Here are the dates:

August 11, 15, 18, 21, 24, 28, 31 & September 3.

Tickets won't be sold until June, and any price increases will be announced later this year. And by that, don't expect just special event tickets to go up in price. A price increase for all ticket media is overdue, so expect ticket prices to go up sooner rather than later. Take it for what it is worth. And keep in mind that ticket price increases happen on average every 1.5 to 2 years.

That's all the news for now!

• Banned User

Re: Disney's Pirate and Princess Party in August & Sept. Dates, Price Increase Overdu

I would have figured prices would go up in September... just stop making the Annual Pass renewal higher, yet not offer us anything better than the DVC can also get

hmm, which night will I go.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Re: Disney's Pirate and Princess Party in August & Sept. Dates, Price Increase Overdu

What a perfect birthday present for me.

To bad these dates are always during the week, my daughter would really love this show. Hmm, wait a minute, she isn't due back to school until after that date.
    Last edited by SummerInFL; 03-15-2007 at 06:22 AM.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL View Post

To bad these dates are always during the week, my daughter would really love this show. Hmm, wait a minute, she isn't due back to school until after that date.
    and some of those dates are fridays

• In Technicolor!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Nigel Channing View Post
    As I mentioned in an earlier thread, the party is coming back. Here are the dates:

August 11, 15, 18, 21, 24, 28, 31 & September 3.

Tickets won't be sold until June, and any price increases will be announced later this year. And by that, don't expect just special event tickets to go up in price. A price increase for all ticket media is overdue, so expect ticket prices to go up sooner rather than later. Take it for what it is worth. And keep in mind that ticket price increases happen on average every 1.5 to 2 years.

That's all the news for now!
    Thanks for the party dates, and for the heads-up about the price increase.

I'm confused about a couple of things. You say the the upcoming increase is overdue, and that increases normally happen every 1.5 to 2 years. Based on what I recall, and found on-line, neither of those is true. Except for one 20 months span, the average increase has occurred every year (or less), and that would make us nowhere near overdue (currently sitting at 7 months since the Aug 2006 increase).

From http://www.allearsnet.com/pl/ticket.htm#8:

Jan 2001 - Sep 2002 = 20 months
    Sep 2002 - Jun 2003 = 9 months
    Jun 2003 - Mar 2004 = 9 months
    Mar 2004 - Jan 2005 = 10 months
    Jan 2005 - Jan 2006 = 12 months
    Jan 2006 - Aug 2006 = 7 months
    Aug 2006 - ??? 2007 = (7 months and counting...)
    =======================
    Average Time: 11 months
    These are the games that never end.

• Sock Puppet

Well, I was told about the "average." I guess I just assumed that was correct. The point is I guess, just to expect a price increase. I guess, just ignore the 1.5 to 2 years thing?

And how can you say both of those are untrue? It seems that the last increase was only 7 months, and the one before the one before that was only 10, then 9, 9, and even the most was 20 months. (Sept. 11th was the reason behind the 20 month period.) So even though the snippet about 1.5 to 2 years was untrue, it still seems that June will be 10 months right there. But May will be 9... and 9 seems to be much sooner than 10. And there are 2 9s on your chart, and one 7.

A ticket price increase before June seems incredibly likely.

There's no such thing as an overdue price increase! As far as I'm concerned, they don't ever need to "due" them.

• In Technicolor!

A ticket price increase before June seems incredibly likely.
    ... and that's the bottom line that we can all agree on.
    These are the games that never end.

• Banned User

remember florida minimum wage goes up every year now so just expect a price increase however last year they increased them in september supposedly to make it into the new guides for this year. I doubt they are going to be increasing prices every six months especially with current economic conditions.

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL View Post

And... that can be when I'm there - right???

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by BigPigletFan View Post
    And... that can be when I'm there - right???
    depends on when you are gonna be here

• Banned User

just checked the dates and this is very interesting. the 15 is wednesday and 11 and 18 are saturdays, they usually don't have hard ticket events on those nights with the exception of the nights of joy, saturdays the mk is usually open late.

• Banned User

A price increase for all ticket media is overdue, so expect ticket prices to go up sooner rather than later. Take it for what it is worth. And keep in mind that ticket price increases happen on average every 1.5 to 2 years.
    NOT in Tokyo, and you get much much more entertainment and quality at that resort. SHAME ON Disney for pushing the prices higher at an already way overpriced resort. And where is the 35th anniversary celebration, all-new parades, the MK's new E-ticket, and visible maintenance standards that exceed expectations of those of us regular guests? BTW... the price right now at TDL for a 1-day pass is around $52. MK? $72. Enjoy the lesser park kiddies.

• Sock Puppet

Curious, what are the AP prices like in Tokyo?

• Shubisha

2 park AP is $640 and 1 park AP is $384

Normal Tickets:
    1 day - $49.50
    2 day - $85
    3 day - $110
    4 day - $128

They also have a weekend day pass for after 3pm for $40
    and a weekday pass for after 6pm at $26.50

WDW's 4 park AP is $434, with waterparks is $559

Normal tickets:
    1 day - $67
    2 day - $132
    3 day - $192
    4 day - $202
    5 day - $206 //stopping here heh. goes up to 10 day.

Disneyland Premium AP is $359, Deluxe with some blockouts is $239

Normal tickets:
    1 day 1 park - $63
    1 day hopper - $83
    2 day - $122
    3 day - $159("on sale" from $179)
    4 day - $179("on sale" from $209)
    5 day - $189("on sale" from $229)

Disneyland Paris AP is $347, other AP with some blockouts is $250

Normal tickets:
    1 day 1 park - $60
    2 day hopper - $130
    3 day hopper - $163

//there are frequently special offers for purchasing tickets to Disneyland Paris at a cheaper price but they are attached to vacation stays so I did not include them like I did Disneyland's current "sale"

and now that i've done all this I think i'm going to actually make a separate thread related to it heh.
    Last edited by almandot; 03-16-2007 at 11:52 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast