View Poll Results: Ghouls Out For Summer! Why the Ghastly Long Haunted Mansion Rehab?

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • General Refurb To Restore Haunted Mansion To Top Notch Condition

41 65.08%
  • Adding New Rooms and Outdoor Spooky Ride-Thru Scene

1 1.59%
  • Installing HM Holiday Overlay Based On Nightmare Before Christmas

4 6.35%
  • Installing HM Holiday Overlay based On the Corpse Bride

1 1.59%
  • Creating "Rockin' The Mansion...Featuring Alice Cooper" Overlay

6 9.52%
  • Filming Heavily Anticipated "Haunted Mansion 2" Starring Eddie Murphy

1 1.59%
  • Creating "Year Of A Million Screams" Dining Experience For Lucky Winners

1 1.59%
  • Closing Mansion So that Lindsay Lohan and Friends Have A Place To Crash and Party

3 4.76%
  • All the Above

5 7.94%
  • Other

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Iron-Clad Allie

Ghouls Out For Summer! Why the Ghastly Long Haunted Mansion Rehab?

Ghouls Out For Summer! Ghouls Out Forever! I'd love to to see Alice Cooper ROCK the Mansion. He belongs there.

According to the Operational Updates section of the on-line WDW Site Calendar, the Haunted Mansion will be closed from June 6th - Sept. 12th. One has to wonder why the attraction will go dark for such an unusual lengthy period.

Is Disney just taking extra time to do a thorough refubishnent in order to restore MM to top operational shape? Or, is something more interesting...more inticing in tow? Perhaps Haunted Mansion Holiday will be underway. Or perhaps something else...

What do you think?
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 03-17-2007 at 12:58 PM.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Blog Entries

Re: Ghouls Out For Summer! Why the Ghastly Long Haunted Mansion Rehab?

I personally don't think the refurb is long enough. I think we'll update the sound, clean up and replace a lot of the dirty and torn scrims, repair a lot of broken effects. All that alone could take just 3 months. I personally hope they throw in a few new effects as well, maybe update our attic scene as well, put in a new hitchiking ghost effect, etc... I'm not expecting any major updates, I just hope its back to pristine shape.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by kcnole View Post
    I personally don't think the refurb is long enough. I think we'll update the sound, clean up and replace a lot of the dirty and torn scrims, repair a lot of broken effects. All that alone could take just 3 months. I personally hope they throw in a few new effects as well, maybe update our attic scene as well, put in a new hitchiking ghost effect, etc... I'm not expecting any major updates, I just hope its back to pristine shape.
    A general restoration of scenes, effects, etc. is what is mainly needed. Though, i'm not writing off the possibility of a major overlay based on a Tim Burton flick...Nightmare or Corpse Bride. Perhaps Disney will try to accomplish both a restoration and an overlay. Keep in mind that the refurb is scheduled to be completed on September 12th...just in time for the Halloween/Christmas holiday season. Coincidence or what?
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 03-17-2007 at 01:01 PM.

• Vacation Club Member

Maybe someone will improve the line. The human funnel you enter after the stretching room is unbelieveably uncomfortable. There has got to be a better way to get to the ride vehicles.
    "The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing." Walt Disney

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Keeper View Post
    Maybe someone will improve the line. The human funnel you enter after the stretching room is unbelieveably uncomfortable. There has got to be a better way to get to the ride vehicles.
    In order to aleviate the conjested lines, perhps imagineers can figure out a way to create a formalized and intesting queue. Seems thy could make it wind thru any available space in the vicinity that lies between the stretching room and the Doombuggy loading area.

• Jerm is Food...Not Friend

About 5 min from where the Magic really started

Installing HM Holiday Overlay based On the Corpse Bride
    WHY WHY WHY WHY....Corpse Bride was not, is not, nor shall ever be a Disney film. I don't know if you put that in as a joke cause of the other ones seem like a joke but Corpse Bride was as much a Disney film as Ice Age!!!!!!!!!

They are catching up on 35 years of missing refurb to the attraction. They are going to remove the entire ride system and replace it along with cleaning and maybe adding some of the stuff from the HM in DL.

J
    Kungaloosh!

*END OF LINE*

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Jerm View Post
    WHY WHY WHY WHY....Corpse Bride was not, is not, nor shall ever be a Disney film. I don't know if you put that in as a joke cause of the other ones seem like a joke but Corpse Bride was as much a Disney film as Ice Age!!!!!!!!!

They are catching up on 35 years of missing refurb to the attraction. They are going to remove the entire ride system and replace it along with cleaning and maybe adding some of the stuff from the HM in DL.

J
    The attraction has fallen into such a state of disrepair that it might as well be a corpse bride. The inclusion of the film as a polling option exists out of sarcasm. It is definitely a priority to bring the ride system back up to speed...and to restore HM to pristine condition.

It would be icing on the cake if Disney were to actually do something new with the attraction...such as adding HMH. I hope for the best for the park, and those who love it.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 03-19-2007 at 11:26 AM.

• Inappropriate

Hehe. Alice Cooper... couldn't help myself

Click the banner! ^^^^
    Follow us on Twitter
    @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
    Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

• Sock Puppet

Underneath the "Smell Lab", and yes, dare I say, it really stinks.

Excellently thought out poll with those choices. But alas, it's simply a fixing and cleaning rehab. It was going to be more, but the budgets were cut for that.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Pizzapants View Post
    Hehe. Alice Cooper... couldn't help myself
    Let's throw in KISS to make it a dooble headliner...and we've got us one CREEPED OUT and DEMENTED HARD ROCKIN' PARTY FEST!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Nigel Channing View Post
    Excellently thought out poll with those choices. But alas, it's simply a fixing and cleaning rehab. It was going to be more, but the budgets were cut for that.
    DAMN THOSE ACCOUNTANEERS. Somebody take their ledgers away. They're just no fun.

Thanks for the compliment over my poll, Doc.

• Banned User

fixing and cleaning is what is needed. actually the only thing i wish they would do is make madam leota's ball fly but the rest of the attraction doesn't need to be changed. and it has been rehabbed before so it's not the first time in 35 years

Quote Originally Posted by Cmash95 View Post
    fixing and cleaning is what is needed. actually the only thing i wish they would do is make madam leota's ball fly but the rest of the attraction doesn't need to be changed. and it has been rehabbed before so it's not the first time in 35 years
    I'd like to see some changes. Provided they aren't major.
    I've always thought the attic scene was cheesy and compared to DL's, it really looks amateurish.

I also would believe this is the first significant rehab for Mansion since the early 90s.

Too bad they took so much $$$ away ...

• Banned User

if most of the extra dollars were set for the guest shop at the end of the ride, then i won't miss that.

• Inhospitable about happy

One of the long-time WDW HM maintenance guys is a regular poster over at Doombuggies ("wdwcaretaker"), and he's been keeping us posted. Also, Mr. Doombuggies.com himself, "Chef Mayhem" has excellent inside contacts and has been sharing info.

The notion that the rehab has been cut back to a bare-bones fix-up, with not much new added, is based solely on one report at Screamscape, a source that some posters have questioned as not always reliable, based on past performance. So, chill.

Most reports say it's going to be a full fix-up, plus most or all of the newer elements now found at DL, with their own unique twists. Also, the refurb has been going on for some time already, with stuff being fixed and replaced by night. Alert riders should have been able to see an improvement already.

Why shut it down during the summer? Simply put, there is no good time to shut down the HM. This is a major refurb, long, long overdue, and it's going to take time. These things have to be scheduled when there is the manpower to do it, just like anything else. So it's June--September. That's how it is.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by HBG2 View Post
    One of the long-time WDW HM maintenance guys is a regular poster over at Doombuggies ("wdwcaretaker"), and he's been keeping us posted. Also, Mr. Doombuggies.com himself, "Chef Mayhem" has excellent inside contacts and has been sharing info.

The notion that the rehab has been cut back to a bare-bones fix-up, with not much new added, is based solely on one report at Screamscape, a source that some posters have questioned as not always reliable, based on past performance. So, chill.

Most reports say it's going to be a full fix-up, plus most or all of the newer elements now found at DL, with their own unique twists. Also, the refurb has been going on for some time already, with stuff being fixed and replaced by night. Alert riders should have been able to see an improvement already.

Why shut it down during the summer? Simply put, there is no good time to shut down the HM. This is a major refurb, long, long overdue, and it's going to take time. These things have to be scheduled when there is the manpower to do it, just like anything else. So it's June--September. That's how it is.
    If Disneyland's more recently added HM components are to be included, this is big, wonderful news for the Magic Kingdom. This will truely be something to look forward to. Nice to know that the budget has not been completely cut to the bone.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast