Question Ideas for when to visit the World?

Hey Mouse-ka-teers!

This is my first post after being a loyal MiceAge reader for well over a year or so now...(more than that before on Mouse Planet).

Anyway, my friends and I are doing a "end of college road trip" to good ol' Disney World in the fall. My question is: When is a good time to go in the fall, particularly anytime around September through November? We want to go on a week where we are guarenteed to see as little people as possible (like, 20 minute or less line waits...hee!).

Cany anyone recommend a good week in those months to go with little or no crowds? We've been staking out the week before and during Halloween. Is late September better? Early October? Early November? Help!!!

Thanks to all, big ups to the mouse!
    - Agent Xero (Johnny Childers)

"Disneyland will never be complete...as long as there is imagination left in the world." - Walt Disney

• Henchman Wanna-Be

AX--I was there the last 2 weeks of last Sept, and it was pretty empty. Most rides you could just walk on and ride again and again. [This was my wife's 1st trip and she is now spoiled forever!] Of course it was right between the big hurricanes, so I'm sure a lot of people stayed home. But I hear that in general, right after Labor Day is good, with everyone back in school.

If you can wait, my folks went a couple years ago in early Jan, and they said the whole place was dead, and every ride had zero lines. Apparently, that is the norm in Jan.

On the same vein...

Good news for me!!! I just got the OK from my boss to go to a conference in Orlando the last week of March. Does anyone know if that is still Spring Break time? Are the crowds going to be huge then? What will be good to do as a 'single' while I'm there that I can't do with a family in tow?

mlm

• Just this guy......

I would suggest to go the week after labor day. I is one of times which has the lowest crowds. Last time I did this the longest wait was 20 min and that was at one of the water parks.

Hi there and welcome to MiceChat!

You might find the contents of this thread very helpful.

Keep in mind, however, that if you do go around Halloween, they have the Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party, and those usually tend to be sold out, so the park can be more crowded around those times.

I would say Sept- Mid Oct would be your best bet!

Quote Originally Posted by 20,000 Sheets to the Wind
    Good news for me!!! I just got the OK from my boss to go to a conference in Orlando the last week of March. Does anyone know if that is still Spring Break time? Are the crowds going to be huge then? What will be good to do as a 'single' while I'm there that I can't do with a family in tow?
    This is one thing I would absolutely love to do... visit the parks all by my lonesome. You get to be completely selfish, which in this case is a good thing... do what you want to do when you want to do it! No consulting others in your group! It would be GREAT!

Although, you might want to be a bit worried... I know crowds are huge around Easter, and I think Easter is the last week in March this year... March 27th is Easter Sunday. So you might be waiting quite a while to do what you want when you want...

But have fun! I'm jealous.

• Henchman Wanna-Be

Quote Originally Posted by Rainfully
    But have fun! I'm jealous.
    Sorry!! I am really really looking forward to it. But I'm feeling a little guilty, too. I have an annual pass for our trip last Sep and next Mar, so I am really looking forward to it. I figure I'll go every night to close, which sounds really fun! I get to pick my rides [how many times in one week can I do WWTBAM-PI?], food, shows, and bedtimes! And my hotel is spitting distance from PI in LBV.

Which may come in handy a night or 4.

And you're right about Easter. I was hoping things would trail off afterwards, but I think some times I can just sit back and enjoy the crowds and people-watch some.

What rides have singles lines? I know Mission:Space does, but do many more? I can't recall seeing any more.
    mlm

What rides have singles lines? I know Mission:Space does, but do many more? I can't recall seeing any more.
    I've heard that Space Mountain does, but I didn't see it implemented when I was there this summer.

Which hotel are you staying at? If it's one of the hotels on Hotel Plaza, those are actually really fun to stay in... a short walk to DTD which I have utilized many times... Plus they have bus service to the parks (not nearly as reliable as Disney, but still very handy if you don't want to drive and pay to park!) I usually stay at the Best Western there.

• Henchman Wanna-Be

I forgot the name of the place already [not BW, it's some newish 'suite' place], but it's just across the north entrance, so I'm off property, probably not walking distance. There's a lot of chain restaurants and stuff close by. And I think there's a shuttle from the hotel...I will have to check the times they go. I can always taxi it back, too.

Thinking about it has me ready to go!
    mlm

PS--Go Cards! I'm a displaced STL native and big-time Redbirds fan. What the heck happened to them in the Series? Yikes!

Thinking about it has me ready to go!
    haha... I'm always ready!

PS--Go Cards! I'm a displaced STL native and big-time Redbirds fan. What the heck happened to them in the Series? Yikes!
    OMG don't even get me started! I need to save it for my Cardinal forums. That is awesome, though... it's hard to find someone who shares two of my biggest passions since they're not always exactly synomynous with each other! I'm workin on my boyfriend though... already being a Cards fan, I think we might just make a Disney fan out of him yet!