Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Can anyone recomend the best moderately priced hotel at the resort?

What (in your opinion) is the best moderately priced hotel at the WDW Resort?

• Banned User

I'd say Coronado Springs or the Caribbean Beach. However, the rooms are quite small at the Caribbean Beach. If you like the boat transportation to Downtown Disney, you should choose a Port Orleans resort. Riverside is more secluded, where as French Quarter is more active.

But are you sure you don't want to spare the extra money and go for the cheapest Deluxe resort, Disney's Wilderness Lodge? It's the best resort for your money, and even if I had more money, I'd stay there above any other Disney resort.

Actually, Caribbean Beach has the largest rooms of any WDW moderate.

While I agree with Bill about the WL, if you are set on a moderate, the French Quarter is my fave ... it has the most deluxe feeling of all the mods due to its theming, smaller size and peacefulness.

i've stayed at the CB as well and I loved it, its funny about the french quaters because if i don't stay at the AKL next time i'm stay there. CB is very nice though and I'd stay there again
    wdw-87 fort wilderness with fam.
    00 off property with future wife
    00 carribean beach with fam. for x-mas
    01 all star ask her to marry me also x-mas
    02 off property with inlaws
    03 polynesian with wife and fam. 3 days from wed.
    06 port orleans french quarters with wife for one day

Caribbean Beach, Caribbean Beach, Caribbean Beach, oh and Caribbean Beach

Best Resort

I would have to say the best moderate resort by far is the Port Orleans Riverside. I have stayed there about 10 times out of all my trips to Walt Disney World, and I absolutely love it. When you get there be sure to request which setting you want. (Ex: Magnolia Bend or the Bayou) My personal favorite is the Magnolia Bend because it over looks the river and is just a short walk away from the food court, general store, check in/out desks and the recreation area. The Carribean is ok, although I have only stayed there once, it wasn't the best hotel because it had just been hit by a hurricane, and not yet remolded. The Coronado Springs is also nice but more of an adult oriented hotel, and I have never stayed at the Port Orleans French Quarter, so I wouldn't know!!! Well I hope you enjoy whatever hotel you stay at!!! Have fun!!!
    Megan

• Once A Skip Always A Skip

Never stayed at Fench Quarter but Riverside is by far my favorite. The color scheming is not as loud as the CBR and the pool is much nicer and the hot tub is actually dislocated from the pool. If you have kids they will enjoy the water slide, the pool lounge is also quite nicely themed where the pool lounge at CBR is just kind of a shack far away from the pool. The biggest problem with the CBR is the size...it's enourmous!!! If you don't get a room by Food Court Area expect a five minute walk every day to eat and rent things like bikes and motor boats. It also takes for ever to take a bus from the CBR as the bus must about five stops before it departs. The Riverside offers a neat boat ride to Downtown Disney. One thing I learned about The Riverside however is to spend the extra money for a deluxe view room unless you enjoy looking at aparking lot first thing in the morning.
    -"Enjoy the rest of your stay here at Disneyland, where all of your dreams come true...well except for two of them, short lines and cheap food."

• Uber Disney freak! șOș

French Quarter by FAR. I've stayed at FQ a couple of times and LOVE it. Stayed at Riverside last month and it was just ok. I won't be returning to Riverside unless it's free or MUCH cheaper than its sister resort, which is normally priced exactly the same and is soooo much nicer.
    -Ann

WDW:
    July 1987 - offsite, 1-day visit to the MK; July-August 2000 - honeymoon - Port Orleans (now POFQ); May 2003 - Caribbean Beach Resort; Dec 2003 - Coronado Springs; April 2004 - Pop Century (PC) & POFQ; Sept 2004 - Animal Kingdom Lodge; May 2005 - Port Orleans Riverside; Sept 2005 - PC; Oct 2006 - POFQ; Apr 2007 - PC; July 2007 - Boardwalk Villas (WOO HOO! I was at WDW in the MK on the 20th anniversary of my first visit!); August - Sept 2007 - Old Key West; Sept 2007 - Saratoga Springs; Oct 2007 - BWV; Mar-Apr 2008 - SS

DLR:
    Dec 2001 - Grand Californian; Jan 2005 - GC; July 2005 - HoJo Anaheim & GC; Dec 2008 - Best Western Park Place Inn

p.s. Wanna buy a ?

• Frustrated A/V Engineer

Well, wem1985, are you any better off than you were before? I love this question, cuz there's just no definitive answer - everyone has their opinion. My personal favorite of the mod's is the Coronado Springs Resort (CSR). The theme is southwestern, with the room buildings surrounding the 15-acre Lago Dorado lagoon. It's like staying in a mini-World Showcase kinda vibe. And the food court does a kickin' breakfast, scatter service, but really tasty. This is a convention hotel, but the convention services are mostly on the other side of the central building, so the suits shouldn't bother you too much.

• Former CM

I've stayed at both French Quarter, CBR and All Star Sports. FQ was smaller and seemed to be easier to get to the different parks. CBR is huge and even has it's own internal bus. If you get a room in the wrong area you're in for a good walk to go and eat at the resort. Also with 8 bus stops you can easily be standing or waiting for a bus with room to get to where you want to go. For me I'll go back to FQ and skip CBR next time. I'd even go back to All Star Sports before going back to CBR again.

• The one, the only...

Everyone has an opinion. I loved my stay at Riverside. I would go back to PO in a heart beat because there are so many different themes, FQ, Alligator Bayou and Antebellum mansion.

Because Disney has no many choices. I recommend that you try them all!
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

There isn't a Disney resort I wouldn't stay at right now. But there was a period when CBR, Boardwalk, BC and YC were all off my list due to incredible drops in standards and upkeep.

I think it's always a good idea with WDW resorts (and hotels anywhere in the world for that matter) to find out the last time they were refurbished and whether it was a full one or just a paint job and new bedspreads. Of course, Disney doesn't offer this info. so you have to call to the individual resorts (sometimes a few times) and/or ask folks at places like this!

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries
    I would like to add a resounding approval for POFQ. Stayed there last year for my first trip to WDW. Stayed at Boardwalk this year. I thought the room at FQ was just as good. Mind you, we were in a newly remodeled room, but still, it was a very nice resort. They have a very nice secluded jacuzzi there.
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

• Frustrated A/V Engineer

Quote Originally Posted by JiminyCricketFan
    Because Disney has so many choices. I recommend that you try them all!
    I totally agree with this, especially for the moderates. They're all very nice properties - you can't go wrong no matter which one you choose.

• Uber Disney freak! șOș

Quote Originally Posted by danyoung
    I totally agree with this, especially for the moderates. They're all very nice properties - you can't go wrong no matter which one you choose.
    True, but you're the fartest from going wrong in the Mod category when you stay at POFQ.
    -Ann

WDW:
    July 1987 - offsite, 1-day visit to the MK; July-August 2000 - honeymoon - Port Orleans (now POFQ); May 2003 - Caribbean Beach Resort; Dec 2003 - Coronado Springs; April 2004 - Pop Century (PC) & POFQ; Sept 2004 - Animal Kingdom Lodge; May 2005 - Port Orleans Riverside; Sept 2005 - PC; Oct 2006 - POFQ; Apr 2007 - PC; July 2007 - Boardwalk Villas (WOO HOO! I was at WDW in the MK on the 20th anniversary of my first visit!); August - Sept 2007 - Old Key West; Sept 2007 - Saratoga Springs; Oct 2007 - BWV; Mar-Apr 2008 - SS

DLR:
    Dec 2001 - Grand Californian; Jan 2005 - GC; July 2005 - HoJo Anaheim & GC; Dec 2008 - Best Western Park Place Inn

p.s. Wanna buy a ?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast