Rental car at the resorts

Hi,
    I will be staying at Port Orleans for my upcoming trip, can you please tell me the closest disney resort with car rental? Is it the swan? I would like to rent the car for our last day. Which car company is there, and can the car be returned ONSITE at the airport? I don't want to have to take a shuttle once we return the car at the airport. Has anyone done this before? THANK YOU in advance.
    ~michelle

Re: Rental car at the resorts

there is one at the swan and one at the car care center. the one at the swan is alamo. The one at the car care center is alamo/national. There is an avis rental at the hilton in DTD. Yes you can return the car at the airport in florida there is no drop off fee. We have done this many times and are doing it again in April/May trip.
    c:/eyore_moon.jpg

• KING OF CABMF'S

i believe alamo is on location, i remember seeing a car rental when we were drving on a road from the polynesian, and a gas station. The rental is most likely out west from the MK i hope this helps
    ADD ME.[:

WHAT I'VE LEARNED FROM MICECHAT...
    1. IF YOU APPRECIATE SOMETHING THAT ISN'T THE MAJORITY OPINION, YOU'RE NOT WANTED HERE.
    2. IF THERE'S CHIPPED PAINT IN THE QUEUE FOR A LINE, EXPECT SOMEONE TO WRITE OUT A BIG STORY BASHING IT. WOOHOO.
    3. IF YOU'RE UNDER THE AGE OF 24, YOU'RE AN 'EISNER BRAT.'
    4. PEOPLE WHO ARE DEEMED AS 'MODERATORS' AND OTHER ADMINISTRATION ARE MORE IMPORTANT DIETIES THAN JESUS CHRIST.
    5. YOU CAN EXCPECT TO BE BADLY REPPED IF YOU TRY AND MAKE A SERIOUS POINT.
    6. YOU ARENT TAKEN SERIOUS IF YOU'RE UNDER THE AGE OF 16.
    7. AS AN ADD-ON TO #6, YOU SHOULD BE TREATED AS A SUBORDINATEIF YOU ARE IN A THEME PARK WAITING 30 MINUTES IN LINE FOR A DRINK WHILE SOMEONE HAS TO RECOUNT PIZZAS.
    8. "Disney may not care to hear your comments, but we do." WTFFF??? THIS ISN'T A DISNEY FAN FORUM, IT'S A DISNETY BASHING SITE.
    9. CERTAIN PEOPLE OVER ANALYZE A SIMPLE THREAD AND CONSIDER IT TO BE A CONTRACT FULL OF LOOPHOLES THAT HE/SHE CAN GET AROUND.
    AND FINALLY...
    10. PROLONGED USE OF THIS SITE CAN CAUSE AN EXTREME HATE OF DISNEY AND ALL DISNEY RELATED THINGS.

M-U-H Muhfukka.
    [:

• Banned User

It's best to rent at the airport when you get there. Just check to see if your chosen car rental allows drop offs at remote locations without additional fees. I know Dollar is one such companies that will allow for dropping off at a different location without extra penalty charges.

• Why can't you tune a fish

I rent National when I travel.

National is an onsite drop-off at Oralndo airport.

National also rents out of the car care center at WDW. If you ask at the front desk of any resort and tell them you want to rent a car, they will get a shuttle to drop you off at the CCC.

The question is, why do you want to rent the car at WDW and return it at the airport? Why not rent at the airport and return at the airport, or if you are using DME, just rent and return at the CCC. Unless you don't want to be constrained by the DME leaving times, maybe thats why. Did I just answer my own question ?

-dave
    "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
    "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

The OP wants to rent a car for just the last day of their trip. So they wanted to see if there was a rental place on property and then they can just drop it off at the airport since they have to go there anyway.

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by Phonedave View Post
    The question is, why do you want to rent the car at WDW and return it at the airport?
    because they don't want a car for the duration of their trip.. just the end

I rent National when I travel.

The question is, why do you want to rent the car at WDW and return it at the airport? Why not rent at the airport and return at the airport, or if you are using DME, just rent and return at the CCC. Unless you don't want to be constrained by the DME leaving times, maybe thats why. Did I just answer my own question ?

-dave
    Thanks everyone! I do not need a car for the duration of the trip since we will be staying on site and not leaving property. I don't mind using disney transportation, never had a problem. I use quicksilver limo normally for a round trip, this time however, our flight back to philly is not till 8pm. instead of storing our luggage with disney, i thought it would be nice to check out, throw our luggage in the car, and have our own transportation for the day. However, i don't want to go thru the "drama" of renting, if its going to be too time consuming.

Thumbs up Re: Rental car at the resorts

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    because they don't want a car for the duration of their trip.. just the end

lol! exactly

• Why can't you tune a fish

Quote Originally Posted by AuroraRose View Post
    Thanks everyone! I do not need a car for the duration of the trip since we will be staying on site and not leaving property. I don't mind using disney transportation, never had a problem. I use quicksilver limo normally for a round trip, this time however, our flight back to philly is not till 8pm. instead of storing our luggage with disney, i thought it would be nice to check out, throw our luggage in the car, and have our own transportation for the day. However, i don't want to go thru the "drama" of renting, if its going to be too time consuming.

Ah, that explains it, the late flight. I was wondering why, if you needed a car for a day or two you would not return it to the CCC.

I see you are from NJ. I don't know if you are flying into EWR or Philly, but I cannot tell you the number of times my flights have been delayed into EWR. If I can avoid it, I do not take the last flight of the day into EWR. Unexpected overnights in Tampa, train rides from Washington, and 4 hour delays out of DFW all spring to mind.

-dave
    "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
    "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

Ah, that explains it, the late flight. I was wondering why, if you needed a car for a day or two you would not return it to the CCC.

I see you are from NJ. I don't know if you are flying into EWR or Philly, but I cannot tell you the number of times my flights have been delayed into EWR. If I can avoid it, I do not take the last flight of the day into EWR. Unexpected overnights in Tampa, train rides from Washington, and 4 hour delays out of DFW all spring to mind.

-dave
    We're from south jersey, so we always fly into and out of philly.
    I've thought about other airports, but PHL is easiest, and from what your saying better

~michelle