View Poll Results: What to do with Indy Speedway?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Leave it as it is! It's a WDW original and different!

6 12.24%
  • Change it to be like HK Disneyland's. It will fit in with the MK's Tomorrowland better

43 87.76%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Banned User

Indy Speedway Poll

So, here is the question:

Should the Indy Speedway stay the way it is, even though it has nothing to do with the concept of Tomorrowland? Or should it be closed in it's current form and reopened as an Autopia in an alien world, like how they've done it at HK Disneyland?

• Banned User

Re: Indy Speedway Poll

AWWW CRAP!! It was supposed to be a POLL QUESTION!!!!!!!

• Banned User

Missing Poll for Indy Speedway

[Delete]
    Last edited by NickCharles; 03-17-2007 at 04:38 PM.

• If We Can Dream It...

Re: Missing Poll for Indy Speedway

I've said ever since I saw the '00 version of DL's Autopia that it made MK's look like crap. I've never cared for the ride at MK even before seeing DL's. With HK's now, it makes MK's stick out even more. Personally I think the speedway needs a major refurbishment before the Jungle Cruise.

If they were to or plan to refurbish it, hopefully they would get rid of everything currently there (the track, queue building) and build an entirely new experience. I wonder if it would be possible to have the track go across the RR track and have a mega-autopia...
    - Horizonsfan

• Sock Puppet

Underneath the "Smell Lab", and yes, dare I say, it really stinks.

I'd just get rid of it entirely and build a mini test-track at Epcot. Leave the room open at MK for more of Fantasyland and Toontown!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Nigel Channing View Post
    I'd just get rid of it entirely and build a mini test-track at Epcot. Leave the room open at MK for more of Fantasyland and Toontown!

Eww no. No need for Tomorrowland to get the shaft like that. Besides, Fantasyland has plenty more room now that they idiotically destroyed 20K. As for ToonTown, I think Disney-MGM needs that a whole lot more. They could expand Fantasy land even further if they got rid of Toontown Fair, which I really don't like.

• Sock Puppet

Underneath the "Smell Lab", and yes, dare I say, it really stinks.

Well, you could build more Tomorrowland too! Just something else to replace the speedway. And at the Studios, it's getting a whole PIXAR land already, I don't think we need to have more Disney in the place with the new name and all that.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Nigel Channing View Post
    Well, you could build more Tomorrowland too! Just something else to replace the speedway. And at the Studios, it's getting a whole PIXAR land already, I don't think we need to have more Disney in the place with the new name and all that.
    I'm actually hoping they don't go through with the "Disney-Pixar" name. Just call it the Disney Studios Park already. But if Speedway goes, I want Autopia, because, well, I like Autopia!

• Why can't you tune a fish

I am on the fence here. The current Speedway has to go. It's almost like an afterthought. But looking at the Autopia pics, they look very nice, nice landscaping, but .. I really do not see the alien world concept.

I just find the whole ride at WDW very unttractive.

-dave
    "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
    "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Phonedave View Post
    I am on the fence here. The current Speedway has to go. It's almost like an afterthought. But looking at the Autopia pics, they look very nice, nice landscaping, but .. I really do not see the alien world concept.

I just find the whole ride at WDW very unttractive.

-dave
    It's the plants and the rocks....look at those trees...read Alains article.

• Vehicle rotating backward

Go the DL route but hopefully with a little less blunt Chevron advertising.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

I say move it to EPCOT, and make it near Test Track. Of course, make it like HKDL's as they move it. It will really open up the space for more great E-Ticket attractions in MK, one in 20K's spot, and one here. Maybe even the entire Mermaid Lagoon concept, or the oft rumored Villain Mountain, which regardless of the truth behind it, still sounded really cool.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• May the F=ma be with you

I would not mind seeing the Speedway go. It truly lacks Disney magic and looks like a lame attempt to build Test Track in a Six Flags park.

Quote Originally Posted by Phonedave View Post
    Well, if your parents can't teach you, maybe you can learn from a taser.

• SpitSpot!

When we went on IS we thought it would be more like Autotpia. ( we were WDW rookies) Sadly, we can never get those 30 minutes back. Something needs to be done to make it more exciting. I think theming is the big issue.
    "First of all I would like to make one thing perfectly clear.
    I never explain anything." Mary Poppins
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/26132873@N00/

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

How about a 3rd option in the poll for "AN AUTOPIA BETTER THAN ANYTHING IN THE WORLD"

I definitely think the Indy Speedway is horribly outdated, takes up a HUGE amount of space without offering anything interesting and just doesn't fit the Tomorrowland scheme of things.

Every Tomorrowland has a method to its madness. Paris is well... discovery in the style of Jules Verne, etc. Tokyo and CA are kind of similar in that they represent various ideas. Hong Kong is a spacefort of alien worlds.

So what is Magic Kingdom's Tomorrowland style? Unfortunately it's becoming very very confusing. Stitch, Monsters Inc, Buzz Lightyear... and then Space Mountain?

Well... regardless, Autopia should be similar to the HK version but I think it would be cool if a portion of the ride goes inside a show building to actually take you through a wormhole to another world filled with effects and animatronics.

a) it's a nice way to get out of the heat.
    b) no other autopia does this
    c) it'd make the autopia more interesting if it gave you a destination

They can even change it to 'hover' cars if they want. Add some sort of suspension underneath the seats so that it kinda 'bobs' up and down.

I'm just thinking randomly right now. I'd like MK to get a unique autopia that beats everyone's away.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast