Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

• Sock Puppet

Underneath the "Smell Lab", and yes, dare I say, it really stinks.

Re: Laugh Floor Soft Opened (apparently permanently?)

Let's look at it from this perspective... how does it measure up to what was there before?

In all aspects, it SUCKS compared to Timekeeper. But it's a decent experience that I'd go see when there is no wait. The problem with Timekeeper was the fact that I'd have to wait 17 minutes to see the show, not that I didn't want to see it. And the 5 min. preshow for Timekeeper was interesting. So I'd wait about 10 minutes for Timekeeper at most, leaving that 7 minute period where I'd pass it by. With this new thing, there's no way I'd ever wait more than five minutes. The show is only every twenty minutes. Which basically means I'll see it 25% of the time... given that there is no wait.

Is it fun to do? Sure! Will I do it over and over? Heck no.

We seem to have forgotten the reason to make a good attraction. Disney needs to make good attractions so people will WAIT for them. This is why FastPass is such an evil concept. Attractions are built to raise the capacity of a park. Capacity goes up when guests are waiting in line for a short amount of time, which should never rise above 30 minutes. For a park to achieve that balance is the ultimate goal. A wait time of 5 to 30 minutes for every attraction, with someone always in line, and the attraction always filling up. Shows like Monster's Inc. Laugh Floor go entirely against this concept, simply by not having a preshow that is long enough to keep people in line. It also reduces the capacity of Timekeeper, because it adds seats. Not just little seats, but gigantic seats. The attraction is NOT thought out well.

• The Darkness to Light

Thank you, Dr. Channing, for pointing out the main flaw of FastPass that I have not figure out myself. That being said, I'll still probably use it.

In any event, I also agree about Disney needed to create attractions worth waiting for. As someone who has not been to a park in the last five years, what I see them popping out isn't even getting me to WANT to go to the park as I did when DAK opened. And even then, it was mostly out of curiousity and a fanatic interest in the novelty of the idea of such a business venture. ("It's not a zoo! It's a theme park based on animals!")

But now? Nemo is cute, but nothing I'd want to spend money planning a trip there. Monsters Inc. is so polorized that I'm not even able to form an opinion on it let alone an opinion on if it is worth planning a trip out. In fact, most of the offerings from the Florida property are not all that impressive to me from the photos and videos I've seen (free advertisement for Disney) on all the fan sites I visit! Not even the Pirate Princess Fireworks show!!

DLR and TDR, on the other hand, do have several things that make me want to check them out in person after watching the videos on fan sites, like the original Fantasmic! or Remember... and Pooh's Hunny Hunt or the various event shows at Tokyo that last only for three months at the most. That, in my opinion, is what makes or breaks an attraction. If it makes someone like me want to actually see it in person and not content with the 100MB Hi-Res video file.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Kevin's article can be found here:

http://www.miceage.com/kevinyee/ky031907a.htm

I was actually more impressed than I expected to be with the set-up. going through the grand portal into Monstropolis, etc... that's how I wish the Monsters Inc ride was like in DCA.

Reading about the actual attraction though was pretty painful. Jokes by themselves isn't enough of a draw. Jokes with animatronic animals on a river boat adventure... that's how to do it.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    Jokes with animatronic animals on a river boat adventure... that's how to do it.
    Well let me enlighten you then some of those jokes from the show are worthy of a boat with animatronic animals on a river...so...

• Beware of Mutant Mickey!

Quote Originally Posted by KevinYee View Post
    Really? No one said anything to me. The announcement said no flash photos, not a ban on all photos. I took photos and will have some in the update
    Ha! Lucky you!
    After about 45 seconds and 8 photos, I got rather nastily told to put my camera away.

Best hold on to Your Hats and Glasses, 'cause this heres the Wildest Ride in the Wilderness!

I thought Kevin pretty much nailed things on this attraction.

It wasn't as bad as I had feared. But it still wasn't good at all ... and it just reeked of cheap, space-filler.

It also continues the cartooning of the MK ... Buzz I could tolerate, but Stitch and this Non Funny Laugh Club just have no reason for being.

From the first concept to the folks who sold it to the execs to the execs who said 'sure, let's spend XXX on this' ... it was one mistake after another.

The MK needs new attractions that wow ... not ones that elicit 'that was OK, you kids want to ride Space Mountain now?'

• The Darkness to Light

Quote Originally Posted by WDW1974 View Post
    From the first concept to the folks who sold it to the execs to the execs who said 'sure, let's spend XXX on this' ... it was one mistake after another.

The MK needs new attractions that wow ... not ones that elicit 'that was OK, you kids want to ride Space Mountain now?'
    Funny you should bring this up. Just yesterday, I was showing some of my friends who never saw any of the TDR offerings some ride videos on YouTube. After showing them four rides (two originals for the resort and two Japanese version of rides found here in the states), they were more impressed with TDR's rides than they were with the rides they were on or have seen here in the states.

One person went so far as to say StormRider looked like a better version of Soarin', and another said that they wouldn't be ashamed to ride TDL's version of Winnie the Pooh despite the fact that it is a kid's ride.

I think that's the kind of thing that is missing from MK's latest add-ons. So, yeah, I agree with you.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ZeekSlider View Post
    another said that they wouldn't be ashamed to ride TDL's version of Winnie the Pooh despite the fact that it is a kid's ride.
    Because Pooh's Hunny Hunt isn't a kids ride, unlike the Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh. Diesn't doesn't seem to realize that if they cater to people who are 5, 10, 15, 20, 30, 40, and 50+ that people will try and make multiple trips instead of the one trip before the kids are all over 10 and "too old".

• Just this guy......

The question I have does the script change at all from show to show?

• Beware of Mutant Mickey!

Quote Originally Posted by ni_teach View Post
    The question I have does the script change at all from show to show?
    Thus far, no! This is one of the biggest problems.

Best hold on to Your Hats and Glasses, 'cause this heres the Wildest Ride in the Wilderness!

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

When I get over there to WDW I will be looking forward to this.

I saw a short clip and Mike Wazowski sounds a little strange, lol.

• Attn. Space Travelers....

i still want timekeeper back ....oh and allow me to ake this opportunity to introduce myself! im new to micechat, my name is Winston!! good to meet y'all !! and good to be here! I work at WDW in Tomorrowland Operations and go to UCF. Once again, good to be here and I hope to talk to y'all soon!

Welcome Winston, it's good to see another Cast Member join the crew here. I hope you enjoy yourself and thanks for all the "magic" you help provide on a daily basis.

• The Darkness to Light

I just hope he can take TDLFAN's brutal critisism. I have yet to see a CM who posts on these kind of forums take anything he says without becoming aggressively defensive.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by ZeekSlider View Post
    I just hope he can take TDLFAN's brutal critisism. I have yet to see a CM who posts on these kind of forums take anything he says without becoming aggressively defensive.
    if i were a cm i would take it that way too. the cms I have met on this board work hard at their jobs and I for one would get tired of hearing complaints all the time.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast