Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

• Pilot EdForceOne

Re: Laugh Floor Soft Opened (apparently permanently?)

overly critical ones at that..

• Sock Puppet

Underneath the "Smell Lab", and yes, dare I say, it really stinks.

Quote Originally Posted by KrItTeR View Post
    When I get over there to WDW I will be looking forward to this.

I saw a short clip and Mike Wazowski sounds a little strange, lol.
    Billy Crystal came in and recorded the final version since then. I'm sure it will sound much better when you see it in person.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

It is sad that so many in that frequent the Walt Disney World forum don't appreciate the very critical accounts of what has been happening at the Vacation Kingdom. Just look at what the strong criticism has done for Disneyland. While correlation doesn't always indicate causation, it doesn't appear likely that the Mark Twain is in refurb due to criticism of its condition.

Frequent visitors of Walt Disney World, due to their smaller numbers and also that it is Disney's flagship resort, should be much more critical. There are plenty of Cast Members in the Disneyland forum who know they are doing their best and don't flip everytime somebody posts a serious criticism of the Resort. Nothing is going to change at Walt Disney World so long as so many frequent guests refuse to be critical of the operation. Criticism does not equate dislike, and for the sake of Walt Disney World that needs to be learned quickly.

• Santa Barbara, CA

WDW is like a massive "all you can eat" Buffet. There is so much out there to consume, you get caught up in "filling your plate" to the max and forget the fact that the food itself may be processed cheesewhiz from time to time. The overall effectof being full and cramming it all down your throat is more of the goal than rating each Chalupa and Hot sticky bun .
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Cousin Orville View Post
    WDW is like a massive "all you can eat" Buffet. There is so much out there to consume, you get caught up in "filling your plate" to the max and forget the fact that the food itself may be processed cheesewhiz from time to time. The overall effectof being full and cramming it all down your throat is more of the goal than rating each Chalupa and Hot sticky bun .
    I think I have never read a more accurate statement about what's wrong with WDW and why WDW is a huge mess. Size does not make the place great, but in fact, drags it down with lesser quality in bigger quantities.

• Banned User

Frequent visitors of Walt Disney World, due to their smaller numbers and also that it is Disney's flagship resort, should be much more critical. There are plenty of Cast Members in the Disneyland forum who know they are doing their best and don't flip everytime somebody posts a serious criticism of the Resort. Nothing is going to change at Walt Disney World so long as so many frequent guests refuse to be critical of the operation. Criticism does not equate dislike, and for the sake of Walt Disney World that needs to be learned quickly.
    it's the critical observations from frequent guests that will get ignored. if the same people complain about minute details on a regular basis, then those in charge will begin to ignore them. Those people as I have said before become thought of as someone you can't please no matter what happens.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Cmash95 View Post
    it's the critical observations from frequent guests that will get ignored. if the same people complain about minute details on a regular basis, then those in charge will begin to ignore them. Those people as I have said before become thought of as someone you can't please no matter what happens.
    You are darned right about that. No one on vacation to WDW (the ones who visit once every decade) will ever critique anything.. because they don't know any better. Again... I think I have said this before.. any management who dismisses criticism from their hardcore supporters (YES! supporters) is bound to make the product suffer even more in the long run.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cmash95 View Post
    I think the Mark Twain would disagree.

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    You are darned right about that. No one on vacation to WDW (the ones who visit once every decade) will ever critique anything.. because they don't know any better.
    I think this is one of the crucial items... 'know any better'.. as it 'it could be better' in comparsion to something else (like TDL in your favorite state of mind). There is a difference between 'could be better' and 'unacceptable'.

If people would differentiate between aspiring to be better.. and ranting the place is falling down, I think things would be looked at differently.

Reading WDW1974's latest trip comments.. you would think WDW must be on its last leg. Yet I was just there 3 weeks ago, and it seemed fine and even better off then it was when I was there last year. (people moan about paint, etc.. each morning I saw 2-3 different paint crews on my way to the parks)

Could it be better? I'm sure. But that doesn't mean you (not you specifically.. you as in people) should split hairs over every pointless detail exclusivly almost ignoring the good.

There is something to be said about the endless pesismist who sees no good anywhere. Those get ignored. They aren't critics.. they are complainers.

• MiceAge Columnist

Quote Originally Posted by Cousin Orville View Post

Nothing annoys me more than seeing brilliance like this coming from someone other than me. [schemes for a way to steal it for a future article]
    Kevin Yee
    MiceAge Columnist

I am the author of several Disney books:
    Jason's Disneyland Almanac - a daily history of Disneyland
    Walt Disney World Hidden History - tributes, homages, and ride remnants at WDW
    Your Day at the Magic Kingdom
    Mouse Trap
    Tokyo Disney Made Easy
    101 Things You Never Knew About Disneyland
    Magic Quizdom (The Disneyland Trivia Book)

“The press [should be] a watchdog. Not an attack dog. Not a lapdog. A watchdog. Now, a watchdog can't be right all the time. He doesn't bark only when he sees or smells something that's dangerous. A good watchdog barks at things that are suspicious.” – Dan Rather

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    There is something to be said about the endless pesismist who sees no good anywhere. Those get ignored. They aren't critics.. they are complainers.

Well that's true to a certain degree. Say for instance the people who still complain about how bad Winnie the Pooh ride is at Disneyland. It was bad, but there's no point in complaining about it anymore.

BUT... if the ride is bad and it falls into decay, then that's certainly a valid complaint.

There's something to be said about WDW, and that it isn't the quality that it once was. Until then, the frequent visitor will never be satisfied. But I don't think they should stand by and ignore the decay. If they do that, the place would never get fixed up properly.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    Could it be better? I'm sure. But that doesn't mean you (not you specifically.. you as in people) should split hairs over every pointless detail exclusivly almost ignoring the good.
    What determines if a detail is pointless? What set Disney so far above the mold was the "pointless" details.

• Banned User

What happens if this attraction bombs with the rest of the public?

• Loves Mickey!

Quote Originally Posted by TheManator View Post
    This is what I wonder about too because when we went there was no wait and the park was fairly busy.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by TheManator View Post
    Then it's back to the drawing board, and MK loses a turn in getting a GOOD new attraction.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast