Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Loves Mickey!

Space Mountain w/ lights on

When we went to MK on St. Patricks day the Space Mountain ride was down for around 30-40 minutes and they turned on all the lights. It looked really neat so we took some video. Sorry the quality is not fantastic we only brought the cybershot that day. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKCsOCuAyBk

• If We Can Dream It...

Re: Space Mountain w/ lights on

Nice job ichigopara. I've got to say something:

For some odd reason it's always cool to see SM with the lights on. WHY IS THAT? I always seee it w/ the lights on, on the TTA, and I always have the same reaction, "OH COOL! SM has it's lights on, sweeet! Wait a minute, why do I care?" It was cool the first 5 times I saw it but now, it isn't that "impressive" but some how, I'm still drawn in. I need help....
    - Horizonsfan

• Purple Crates ♥

Last time I was at WDW (Presidents Day weekend) I was on the ride and it stopped. I was right at the point right before you go back in to unload. I took pictures of course...if i'm feeling better i'll post them.

Laura

space moutian is fun with the lights off, but it kept on feeling like my head was going to crash into something, ( I WAS IN THE FRONT)

I love EPCOT

Especially Inoventions, the coca cola thing is KEWL!

• Disney Dreams

Quote Originally Posted by horizonsfan92 View Post
    Nice job ichigopara. I've got to say something:

For some odd reason it's always cool to see SM with the lights on. WHY IS THAT? I always seee it w/ the lights on, on the TTA, and I always have the same reaction, "OH COOL! SM has it's lights on, sweeet! Wait a minute, why do I care?" It was cool the first 5 times I saw it but now, it isn't that "impressive" but some how, I'm still drawn in. I need help....
    I am EXACTLY the same way! There's something intriguing about those lights that just make you think that they are SO awesome - no matter HOW many times you see them. I've seen those lights about... uh, too many times to count ( at least ). Yet the camera still comes out, and I still think it rocks

• Disappearing/Reappearing

space moutian is fun with the lights off, but it kept on feeling like my head was going to crash into something, ( I WAS IN THE FRONT)
    I FINALLY rode Space Mountain for the first time on our last trip in Sept. My friend was my Test dummy. I made her ride everything with my husband first, give me a play by play...then, I decided whether or not to ride it. So, I rode this, first time in the middle...LOVED it, then we got off and walked right back on....and I got stuck in the front...HATED it!!!! I was SO scared....I'll ride it again on this trip..but, NOT in the front.

I'm with ya'll this is the second time I've seen pictures of SM with the lights on...and it's still cool.

• Loves Mickey!

Dh had seen the one in Tokyo from when he was training at TDL but I had never seen it before. He was really surprised that they didn't have the guests exit the building before turning the lights on because that is what they do at TDR.

• Attn. Space Travelers....

Smile Re: Space Mountain w/ lights on

Quote Originally Posted by ichigopara View Post
    When we went to MK on St. Patricks day the Space Mountain ride was down for around 30-40 minutes and they turned on all the lights. It looked really neat so we took some video. Sorry the quality is not fantastic we only brought the cybershot that day. Enjoy!

i was working that day....and we were actually down for about 3 hours during the day from about 7 pm to almost 10 pm....then we broke down (quick reset) about an hour later untill 11:45....

as i said....i work at space mountain and i see it everyday with the lights on...its scary to ride with the lights on...believe me!! :-)

good times
    Blast Off Into Adventure!!

Quote Originally Posted by TheRockr View Post
    Space Junk once taught Peter Pan how to do Mick Jagger's famous strut.

• Disneyholic

Space Junk,

SM is basically a wild mouse, so is it the ride itself thats scary with the lights on or (as it has been rumored) the apparent deterioration of the track itself that is the real fear factor there?
    Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

• Disneyholic

Dh had seen the one in Tokyo from when he was training at TDL but I had never seen it before. He was really surprised that they didn't have the guests exit the building before turning the lights on because that is what they do at TDR.

I think you'll find there are many things they do in TDR that they no longer/don't do at WDW from what I have been told. TDFan can fill you in I'm sure he has a long list...

Exclamation Re: Space Mountain w/ lights on

Quote Originally Posted by Jerren View Post
    Space Junk,

SM is basically a wild mouse, so is it the ride itself thats scary with the lights on or (as it has been rumored) the apparent deterioration of the track itself that is the real fear factor there?

its both actually lol....the ride isnt "destitute" or anything, but you can tell its aged beyond its years. Its also scary to see how close you come to everything. I'm over it though. Everytime I open the ride in the morning, I ride with the lights on...its quite crazy. Anytime the ride breaks down and we have to go out on track and evacuate guests, they always comment that the track looks old and I can tell they have that slight feeling of uneasiness. In truth, alot of that weird dust looking crap on the walls is soundproofing, contrary to popular belief. But, if you know the track as intimately as I do, you know it needs some TLC...

• Banned User

You should know... I have ridden both WDW and DL's Space Mts. with the light on. At WDW, our ride broke after we reached the top of the main lift and after about 35 mins, we were released and rode all the way down with lights on.. Tip: DO NOT RAISE your hands during the ride. At DL, I rode Space Mt with lights on during the AP Exclusive Party several years ago... before DCA and all that.

Exclamation Re: Space Mountain w/ lights on

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    You should know... I have ridden both WDW and DL's Space Mts. with the light on. At WDW, our ride broke after we reached the top of the main lift and after about 35 mins, we were released and rode all the way down with lights on.. Tip: DO NOT RAISE your hands during the ride. At DL, I rode Space Mt with lights on during the AP Exclusive Party several years ago... before DCA and all that.

awesome!!

i havent gotten to ride DL's space mtn since their refurb...is it any good? i hear mixed reviews.

WDW's Space Mtn refurb is apparently taking place in 2009 and includes some drastic changes (i.e. tearing out both tracks and making it a single track). However, due to all the critical faults and more frequent serious breakdowns, WDI is considering pushing it up...we need it...no word yet on if they will do it sooner rather than later....ill keep yall posted

• Disneyholic

Would like to see it refreshed a bit, but not sure I want it changed too drastically, its the first Space mountain I ever rode and would be kinda bummed in a what if it changed too much... I think I may have pictures of the original exit area somewhere, that and the old Eastern Airways fight ride where my favorites as a kid...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast