Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Faith, Trust & Pixie dust

Jack Sparrow at the Pirates and Princess Party: My review

My family and I went to the WDW Pirates and Princess Party in February. There has been quite a few reviews already, but I wanted to ad my comments about Jack Sparrow.

We first saw Jack at the Pirate Tutorial. The actor playing him was fantastic! He had all the movements down and even looked like him (which I guess is not too hard with the right costume and make-up). It was a very funny script with Jack and this other guy teaching the kids how to sword fight, but most importantly, how to distract and run away. Each kid was to fight Jack's helper, and at the right time say, "Look! It's the Govenor's daughter!" Then run away. Jack fought the last little boy, and when it was his turn to distract Jack with the above line, Jack said, "She's not all that cute, Mate." (You had to be there.) The ending had Jack saying the daughter line and running through the crowd as his exit. A very funny show!

After the fireworks, we headed to the Jack Meet and Greet. We waited for about 15 minutes, but it was so worth it. They had us in a line in a restaurant with Pirate movie music playing over head. It really got you in the mood. The Jack we had was the absolute best! I have read that some of you had "bad" Jacks, but ours was incredible. My two boys were too shy to ask him for his autograph, so I went up to him and asked him if he signed autographs. He said yes but did not take my pen or book. I asked him if he could sign and he said yes but still did not take the pen or book. After a few more attempts at this, I gave him the pen and he immediatly started to walk away with it. I told him I wanted the pen back when he was done.

He asked me where I was from and I was a bit nervous (because he was so handsome) so I said Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania in a sort of funny way. He asked if you had to say it that way and I just could not help laughing. Now it was time for the family picture, and when it was being taken, he whispered "Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania."

After the family picture, I asked him if I could get a picture of just him and me. At this point I started to open up my jacket to show him my t-shirt that had Johnny as Jack on it. He jumps in front of me, facing the camera with his arms spread out and says, "Woa, not in front of the kids!" At this point the entire room was laughing uncontrollably. Then he turned to me and got closer and then said, "Ok, go ahead and show me." I just kept laughing and finally showed him my shirt to which he replied. "You have my face on your...nevermind."

We were laughing so hard our stomachs hurt. He was so very clever with his comebacks, all the while acting like Jack. I wish we had it on video. His last comments to us as we were getting our stuff to go was, "Make sure you visit the Jack Sparrow Marriage Tuitorial on your way out!"

That five minutes was worth the price to the party. I have never laughed so hard in my life. That guy was great!

One more photo of us at the beginning of the party. You can see my Jack shirt that started it all.

• SpitSpot!

Re: Jack Sparrow at the Pirates and Princess Party: My review

Hillarious! I too get toung tied around Jack - it is deffinately his looks, and charm! Great report!
    "First of all I would like to make one thing perfectly clear.
    I never explain anything." Mary Poppins
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/26132873@N00/

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I remember getting seriously flustered when Jack flirted with me during the tutorial show I saw. There's something about pretty boys in eyeliner that do me in.

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    I remember getting seriously flustered when Jack flirted with me during the tutorial show I saw. There's something about pretty boys in eyeliner that do me in.
    I know what you mean aimster. I just had to stare. He was so good looking. Luckily my husband understood!

• Banned User

When Rob and I went the line for Jack was long, but we did see him in the show around the ride.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Great photos! I absolutely agree about getting flustered. I too had my run in with Jack, he threw me off guard. I had the camera up and taking photos and came over and touched my cheek and made me jump.

Got a great picture out of it. Ever since then I can't get enough of my boy Jack. I admit I do get a little giggly around Captain Jack.

Oh and Nancy, you have such a lovely family. I could read the excitement in your story and in the photos, I can tell you had a lovely experience.

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL View Post
    Great photos! I absolutely agree about getting flustered. I too had my run in with Jack, he threw me off guard. I had the camera up and taking photos and came over and touched my cheek and made me jump.
    Great work entertainment! If they can get a mother to act like the little girls do with princesses and boys do with Buzz, etc. then are doing something right!!

Thanks for sharing your pictures. I'm glad you had fun!

I was thinking of writing to someone in charge of casting entertainment to say how great this Jack was, but now I am wondering if it is too late. What do you all think? Should I still write? It really was the highlight of our trip. Does anyone know where I would send the letter to? Or an email address? Thanks.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Quote Originally Posted by Nancywitt View Post
    I was thinking of writing to someone in charge of casting entertainment to say how great this Jack was, but now I am wondering if it is too late. What do you all think? Should I still write? It really was the highlight of our trip. Does anyone know where I would send the letter to? Or an email address? Thanks.

I would do it, you might want to include a photo of your Jack so they can determine who it was. Although if you just include the dates it should be fine.

As far as comments, I really don't know where to send them but if I wasn't fairly busy at work I would look it up for you! LOL I'm sure there is something listed at the website though.

Good luck!

• Disappearing/Reappearing

is JAck only at the princess and pirate party??? IS he still at the MK during the day?? PLEASE tell me he's still there during the day.....I SO want to meet him...but, we can't make it for the party...someone PLEASE pm me with any information about this...cause I'll forget what thread I asked this in. THANKS

• Sock Puppet

Underneath the "Smell Lab", and yes, dare I say, it really stinks.

Jack will be doing his "Pirate Tutorial" during the day, but he is not really available for autographs during his show. Sorry. But you should be able to see him!

• Loves Mickey!

Looks like you had fun! The photos are great! The guy really does look like Jack.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by eeyore'snumber1fan View Post
    When Rob and I went the line for Jack was long, but we did see him in the show around the ride.
    fyi: The Rob ms eeyore'snumber1fan is talking about is her adorable younger brother figment1986. and i have decided that jack sparrow is the first face character for women. I don't think it started out that way but from what i have heard that is what he has become. and all i can say it's about time the women have someone sexy to faun over. Men and yes I mean adult men seem to like those princesses. (even if they don't admit it)

There is just something about that Jack. He is so charming and brash at the same time. Sam understands why I just have to stare at him when I see him. *swoon*
    The funny thing is when he talks to me, I just can't get a real sentence to come out of my mouth....I just giggle. LOL
    - Larisa

Everybody neat and pretty? Then, on with the show! -MMC

Quote Originally Posted by Cmash95 View Post
    i have decided that jack sparrow is the first face character for women. I don't think it started out that way but from what i have heard that is what he has become. and all i can say it's about time the women have someone sexy to faun over.
    Amen to that!

Quote Originally Posted by Risa View Post
    There is just something about that Jack. He is so charming and brash at the same time. Sam understands why I just have to stare at him when I see him. *swoon*
    The funny thing is when he talks to me, I just can't get a real sentence to come out of my mouth....I just giggle. LOL
    Now I don't feel like a complete idiot if other girls behave the same way I did. I know he is not the real Johnny, but for awhile it was fun to pretend that he was the real Jack Sparrow. I have a wonderful husband who completely understands my facination with Jack, and tries to use it to his advantage. "I'll play the pirate role tonight if you want me to, honey", he says with a huge grin.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast