Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Trip Report 03-17-07 Photo Links Added from Photo

My First Trip Report

March 17th, 2007 – St. Patty’s Day

Hello everyone so I moved down to Jacksonville, FL about a month ago for my job and have finally settled down enough to where I could take my twin boys to their first trip to the Magic Kingdom.

I worked until 12:00AM on Friday then woke the family up at 5:30AM on Saturday, grabbed the theme park survival kit we assembled during the week and headed down to WDW.

For the over-curious we have included in the theme park survival kit (Small Backpack) the following:

Sunblock (In small individual packages)
    Waterless Hand Cleaning Sanitizer
    Umbrella
    4 Ponchos (2 for a $1.00 at the Dollar Tree)
    Pirates of the Caribbean Fruit Snack Packs, Candy, Granola Bars
    Asprin
    Digital Camera and 3 sets of extra Batteries with an extra memory card
    Capri-Sun Fruit Drinks
    4 bottles of Water

We arrived at the TTC at 09:00AM and we went up to a ticket window and met Cast Member Lou. I was going to buy all members of my family the "FL Resident Seasonal Pass" but Lou advised me it would be better to have one of the passes be an Annual so we could save on Parking so I bought 2 Adult FL Seasonal Passes, 1 Child Seasonal, and 1 Child Annual. Lou advised me that we could take the parking pass we bought on this day up to Guest Relations on our next trip and they would refund our money. Lou was having computer problems on this day and since he had to reboot his system he provided us with no strings attached Fast Passes we could use on any attraction. Lou was a outstanding Cast Member and I was very impressed with his performance.

We then headed to the Monorail and I was able to get us into the front Cabin where we met the Pilot Jess who was very casual. We had a nice ride to MK and when we exited the cabin he handed us all Co-Pilot Licenses.

When we arrived in the MK I took my two boys into Guest Relations and the Cast Members provided them with First Time Button’s which the kids proudly wore all over the park.

We took the boys into Fantasyland and spent the majority of the day in that one area since the park was extremely busy with the combination of Spring Break/ St. Patty’s Day. Guests all over the park were dressed in green and seemed to be enjoying the day with their families. We were able to go on everything in Fantasyland with the exception of Peter Pan. My boy’s favorite attraction was Winnie the Pooh and we had to go on that one at least twice to appease them.

Before lunch we went into a Hat Shop and bought the kids their first set of Mickey Mouse ears complete with name embroidery which they looked absolutely adorable in.

For Lunch we did go into a Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe', a Tomorrowland fast food joint. It was crushing with people and I bought the wife and kids a couple of cheeseburgers and fries. We did look at the kids meal but decided the kids would most likely enjoy a burger better than the kids meal offerings. (Complete with Capri Suns from the survival kit) Due to the crushing amount of people we sat down and ate quickly. In doing this we did grab condiments off a nearby condiment bar but failed to realize that there was a toppings bar with Lettuce, Tomatoes, and Onions on the opposite side of the resteraunt. Oh well live and learn. My kids did get a kick out of Sonny Eclipse and I did find the character interesting enough for the short time we were with him.

Then we headed into Mickey’s ToonTown Fair to stand in a very long line to meet Minnie, Pluto, and Goofy. Minnie and Pluto were very animated and fun and we grabbed some great pics. Goofy on the other hand seemed to be tired and not as animated but he got a hug from both boys regardless. Of course my wife and I were completely happy with the three characters the kids were able to meet and did not see a need to stand in another line to meet additional characters. The kids however had other plans because they knew that, "Mickey lives here," so due to them asking about the mouse we had to go stand in yet another long line to meet the Big Cheese himself. I mean could you tell these faces no?

By this time the wife and I have had enough of lines so we took three trips around the kingdom on the Train. We finally got off at Main Street and had ice cream from the Plaza Ice Cream Parlor down at a bunch of tables set up near Tomorrowland and the castle moat. It was a beautiful area to enjoy the ice cream and each other's company.

We then went into Tomorrowland as it was starting to get dark and went on Stitch. I was worried since most people have stated that this attraction could be frightening for children but both my boys enjoyed the ride and both are familiar with Stitch and love the character dearly.

After Stitch took away my fondness for Chili Dogs we went on the Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor attraction and we enjoyed it. However I agree that we would probably not enjoy repeated viewings unless the scripts continue to change throughout the weeks and months ahead.

After that attraction we went over to the Noodle Station and grabbed seats for Wishes. My wife had never seen this show and she loved it. I didn’t enjoy this spot for viewing since they did not shut off the Noodle Station lights like I had hoped they would and the station amplified the ambient noise around us so it was difficult to hear the show on our next trip we will definately select a different spot to see this wonderful show.

After Wishes we spent the rest of the evening in Tommorowland since I really enjoy this area of the park at night with the lighting effects. We took in a 10 min ride on the TTA and were able to see Space Mountain with the lights on. We took a trip on the Indy Speedway and then took a ride on the Rocket Ships.

We left at Park closing at 12am and I was surprised that our boys displayed so much stamina. They looked like zombies but kept insisting that they were not tired and wanted to stay.

However it was time to go and we returned home that evening but we will be back to fully utilize our passes to see the rest of MK and of course WDW.

Last edited by AstroBlaster; 03-23-2007 at 09:28 AM. Reason: photo links from PhotoBucket Added

Re: Trip Report 03-17-07

Awesome first report! It sounds like your family had a fantastic time

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Cool report! Now we wanna see some pics!

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• All you need is LOVE

Sweet thanks

• Why can't you tune a fish

Quote Originally Posted by AstroBlaster View Post
    In doing this did grab condiments off the condiment bar but failed to realize that there was a toppings bar with Lettuce, Tomatoes, and Onions.
    But no cheese sauce. Sorry, there used to be cheese sauce there. Now there is not. It sparked a bit of a ruckus here with people divided as to just how important having free cheese sauce was and if indeed it was another indicator of the loss of value occurring at WDW. (For the record, I think it is )

Anyway, required semi-off topiceness and rabble rousing aside ....

Very nice TR. It really sound like you kids had a load of fun, and the detail you went into tells me you remembered quite a bit, meaning it must have been fun for you too.

I wish I lived close enough to just pop in when the mood strikes me. I'm sure you will get a lot of use out of those APs.

-dave
    "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
    "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

Thanks for the replies. I am not the best picture taker but I added a few from my yahoo album. Yes we plan on heading back this weekend for EPCOT and perhaps MGM.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Nice trip report. I am having a problem with the photos coming up though? Maybe try photobucket? You can direct link them and they size it for you very easily.

• Disneyland Grandee

Nice-first time is always fun!!

Thanks for sharing.
    ~~Jodi~~
    Next WDW trip coming up 10-5-10 to 10-15-10, Wilderness Lodge Villas.

• Drunk On Disney

Great trip report! I love the theme park survival kit! I might have to do that!

I have heard from others who freeze water bottles so they stay cold longer.

Also, I am glad you liked Stitch's Great Escape. It's one of my favorites.

Yeah the theme park survival kit comes from years of theme park experience and various tips from Micechat. It's good to have everything in one easy to reach place and to have the bag handy for spur of the moment trips down to Central FL.

Okay I will edit in the images via photobucket.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Quote Originally Posted by AstroBlaster View Post
    Yeah the theme park survival kit comes from years of theme park experience and various tips from Micechat. It's good to have everything in one easy to reach place and to have the bag handy for spur of the moment trips down to Central FL.

Okay I will edit in the images via photobucket.
    You know it could have been me though, it doesn't seem that anyone else is having a problem viewing the photos? LOL

You don't have to edit them that way if you don't want, I was just suggesting it.

• She was sweet as a peach

Great trip report!!
    We were there that weekend too. From your report it sounds like we were on the TTA at about the same time.

• Drunk On Disney

Great photos! I love Sonny E. Clipse!

• Pilot EdForceOne

Great TR. Thanks for sharing!

note.. no complaints about the park conditions either

• Circle of Ancients

Great TR, thanks for sharing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast