• Circle of Ancients

What time do the parking lots open?

We are going to WDW at the end of May. The first morning we arrive at 630am and it's Morning EMH at MK.

We are planning on hitting the MK in the morning then going over to Epcot once MK gets busy until we can get into our hotel.

What I'd like to do is just park at Epcot, take the monorail to the TTC, then MK. Then back to epcot where our car will be after we leave MK.

Is this possible? Will the Epcot parking lot be open that early, and will the Monorail from Epcot be running that early? Or even a bus from Epcot to TTC would work I guess.

Thanks in advance for any answers.

• Why can't you tune a fish

Re: What time do the parking lots open?

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    We are going to WDW at the end of May. The first morning we arrive at 630am and it's Morning EMH at MK.

We are planning on hitting the MK in the morning then going over to Epcot once MK gets busy until we can get into our hotel.

What I'd like to do is just park at Epcot, take the monorail to the TTC, then MK. Then back to epcot where our car will be after we leave MK.

Is this possible? Will the Epcot parking lot be open that early, and will the Monorail from Epcot be running that early? Or even a bus from Epcot to TTC would work I guess.

I don't know about parking, but without resort passes (key cards) are you going to be able to get into morning EMH at MK? Remember, you wont be checked in yet.
    "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
    "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

• Pilot EdForceOne

I know they run the transportation system early for EMH.. but I don't know if that includes the EPCOT monorail because.. technically no guests are coming from it.

Given the roundtrip time on the monorail.. I'd really just suggest parking at the TTC and driving to EPCOT when its time. Worst case.. send the wife and kids on the monorail when you are done with MK and you meet them seperately after moving the car.

And Phonedave's comment is correct.. you'll be expected to show a keycard to enter the plaza behind the ticket gates at TTC.

• Loves Mickey!

Even though he isn't checked in yet can't he show the paper with the reservations?

• Pilot EdForceOne

They haven't been very strict in the times I've gone through.. but I would assume they would accept some sort of proof..

• Circle of Ancients

I can always go to the hotel first and get something for EMH I'm sure.

And it's just me and the woman, no kids!!!

You will be better off just goin to your hotel and checkin. You might get lucky and be given your room early. If not at least get your room keys and info so you can do the EMH that day. The Epcot monorail starts at 8AM. The monorail at TTC starts 30 minutes before park opens. The resort monorail starts at 7AM. The resort bus starts 45 minutes before park opens. If you park at Epcot the monorail will get you at the MK after the park opens. Hope this helps you out.

• Circle of Ancients

^ It does, appreciate it.

I guess were stuck just driving to TTC that morning or taking the bus (ugh)

• Disneyholic

Not at all, I always take the first flight into Orlando and last flight out when we go to WDW.

• You will need to check in at your resort, they will be happy to store your bags until your room is ready or may have one ready for you right away. I find if you call a day or so ahead to the resort and let them know when you plan to arrive they often can accommodate an early check in and you can get in your room right away if they are not too busy.
    • At check in you will get your key cards which are also your park passes, they will be active by the time you reach the MK.
    • You can drive directly there or take the bus, but if you want to get there faster and have a car I'd say drive, if you made your reservations though AAA I believe they have special lots closer to the park, either way you save the parking fee as Disney Resort guests get free parking anywhere they go on property. They usually give you a parking pass to put on your dashboard and the toll plaza's will just wave you on in.

Enjoy your trip!
    Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

• Pilot EdForceOne

Drive! there is plenty of parking within walking distance to the TTC if you get there early. No need for the trams even.. just walk through the tunnel and you're in the TTC plaza

On our last short trip.. we rented a car (I highly suggest hotwire.. can get under $40/day for small cars) and drove everywhere. Its very painless

• Circle of Ancients

^^ Well, we got AP's, so admission isn't an issue.

Then again, this is all assuming our flights are on time and we get to the parks by 8:00am. If not then we'll just go to Epcot for the 9am opening.