Question Best Place To Buy Park Music Inside Walt Disney World?

1. What are the best places to buy park music and soundtracks inside Walt Disney World? (i.e the equivalents of 20th Century Music on Main Street at Disneyland)

2. Does DelivEARS have access to the entire selection of music / soundtracks? I've never used them before.. outside of shipping, are their prices bumped up?
    666: The Number Of The Beast
    664: The Number Of The Bloke Next Door

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Re: Best Place To Buy Park Music Inside Walt Disney World?

The biggest selection Ive seen of the music was in VMK Central, where you can also create your own CD by picking music from some retired albums that are no longer for sale.

I'm sure there are other places that carry the music, The World of Disney at DTD is probably a great place to get a good variety though, VMK Central at Main Street is the only one fresh in my mind.

• Know More Than You Should

Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL View Post
    you can also create your own CD by picking music from some retired albums that are no longer for sale.
    Not anymore...that was the Wonderland Music system, which was removed from DLR and WDW a few months ago. Many of the albums are now being offered on iTunes, however.

The music is kind of spread out; the official album for the whole resort can be found all over the place, but many of the park specific albums (such as Illuminations and Festival of the Lion King) can only be found at various locations in that park.

Also, the CDs of the musical artists who perform in Epcot's World Showcase can be found in the stores of the pavillions they play at.

DelivEARS, as far as I know, does not mark up their items, however you will have to pay shipping, and possibly tax depending on where you are located.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Quote Originally Posted by Club 33 View Post
    Not anymore...that was the Wonderland Music system, which was removed from DLR and WDW a few months ago. Many of the albums are now being offered on iTunes, however.

Awww... That stinks! I didn't know that! Thanks for the update, that's such a bummer.

• Disneyholic

Have you tried Downtown Disney? The World of Disney and Virgin Music Mega stores should have most of the cd's in more or less one place.

Summer, Do what I do run your spare change though Coinstar and get it put on an iTunes gift card, they wave the counting fee's if you put it direct to a give certificate. Using iTunes is usually a lot cheaper than buying the CD's.
    Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Once Upon a Toy in Downtown Disney is where most of the Cd's are sold, including the ones that are somewhat specific, Spectromagic, Festival of the Lion King, etc. I think that's the best place to look, since most people look over this store for World of Disney.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Quote Originally Posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
    Once Upon a Toy in Downtown Disney is where most of the Cd's are sold, including the ones that are somewhat specific, Spectromagic, Festival of the Lion King, etc. I think that's the best place to look, since most people look over this store for World of Disney.
    Thanks!
    666: The Number Of The Beast
    664: The Number Of The Bloke Next Door

• Shubisha

And oddly enough you can currently purchase Wishes, Spectromagic, Illuminations(tapestry of dreams cd), and Magic in the Streets in the main street music shop at Disneyland ;P

Quote Originally Posted by almandot View Post
    And oddly enough you can currently purchase Wishes, Spectromagic, Illuminations(tapestry of dreams cd), and Magic in the Streets in the main street music shop at Disneyland ;P

synergy

syn·er·gy (sĭn'ər-jē)
    n. pl. syn·er·gies

1. The interaction of two or more agents or forces so that their combined effect is greater than the sum of their individual effects.
    2. Cooperative interaction among groups, especially among the acquired subsidiaries or merged parts of a corporation, that creates an enhanced combined effect.

• "There's always my way"

I purchased about a year ago the 50 years anniverary album which featured 2 CDs and most of the music from the new attractions such as Soarin'. Although, I would wait a little while for a post Year of a Million Dreams album that should offer music from the newer attractions and shows. Although I must agree. The Once Upon A Toy at Downtown Disney would be ideal for purchasing any Park music. Dont forget, if you're an annual passholder, you get a discount!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
    That is correct. Once Upon a Toy is the place to go shopping for Disney CDs and DVDs. Skip the Virgin Megastore as they have gone downhill lately, with their new emphasis on hip-wannabe fashion and electronics.. Not a great place to shop anymore.

• Shubisha

Quote Originally Posted by AstroBlaster View Post
    synergy

syn·er·gy (s?n'?r-j?)
    n. pl. syn·er·gies

1. The interaction of two or more agents or forces so that their combined effect is greater than the sum of their individual effects.
    2. Cooperative interaction among groups, especially among the acquired subsidiaries or merged parts of a corporation, that creates an enhanced combined effect.

Yes it's synergy but in this case it's more like we need to get rid of these cds let's send some to california heh.