Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Banned User

Re: Any news on removing the Wand at epcot?

Quote Originally Posted by naumoney View Post
    I hope it is true, how freaking cool would it be if sponsors were actually pushing Disney to do the right thing!
    Indeed that would be very encouraging.

• May the F=ma be with you

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyMan4Ever View Post
    I don't know if this has been posted because I can't get to the 2nd page of this thread, but about the wand from what I heard. Siemens told Disney that they didn't want the wand on Spaceship Earth and the only way they would allow it to remain was if it said Siemens on it instead of Epcot. Also during the refurbishment I heard that the whole show from the two children talking over the computers to the end will be completely changed. I have also heard that the song will not be returning, but maybe that can change.
    Quote Originally Posted by naumoney View Post
    I heard the same thing from a SSE CM who claimed to have heard it directly from WDI when they were walking the ride. I am assuming that if this is true, Siemens knew what choice was going to be made. I hope it is true, how freaking cool would it be if sponsors were actually pushing Disney to do the right thing!
    I have heard this as well, thus, my avatar. I know one thing that is certain that WDI would never put the Siemens label on the wand. According to my signature picture, someone at WDI must know something that will be included in the SSE Refurb.
    I think that the wand's days are numbered and that it will finally be burried in the graveyard just to the north of SSE.

Quote Originally Posted by Phonedave View Post
    Well, if your parents can't teach you, maybe you can learn from a taser.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by WDW Monorail View Post
    I have heard this as well, thus, my avatar. I know one thing that is certain that WDI would never put the Siemens label on the wand. According to my signature picture, someone at WDI must know something that will be included in the SSE Refurb.
    I think that the wand's days are numbered and that it will finally be burried in the graveyard just to the north of SSE.
    i thought the scaffolding was to be melted and reused for the Eisner AA, and the 2 epcot signs were to be sold to john Stamos

• Vacation Club Member

There has been talk on the Re-Imagineering website of the wand coming down as well. We can only hope.

http://imagineerebirth.blogspot.com/
    "The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing." Walt Disney

Also during the refurbishment I heard that the whole show from the two children talking over the computers to the end will be completely changed.
    Sigh...I don't want *too* much of the ending to change - in specific, the sparkling futuristic city scene where the green bands of light emanate from. Would that be before or after the talking children?

• Vacation Club Member

Quote Originally Posted by SpectroMan View Post
    Sigh...I don't want *too* much of the ending to change - in specific, the sparkling futuristic city scene where the green bands of light emanate from. Would that be before or after the talking children?
    It is after the two kids talking to each other. I have always liked that part too. But at this point I think we are hearing a lot of speculation, so don't assume it is going away for sure. I still miss the narration by Walter Cronkite.
    "The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing." Walt Disney

• Minion

Could we get Siemens to sponsor the Great Movie Ride? Then maybe we could blow up that hat...

My source is pretty credible. He works at SSE and tells me whats going on because its my favorite ride at Epcot and I can't stand the wand. He has told me that every night right after the park closes the Imagineers start the ride up and go through it. He also told me about how the ending part of the ride was changing and about a touch screen in the vehicles and that the vehicles would be different colors.

• May the F=ma be with you

My source is pretty credible. He works at SSE and tells me whats going on because its my favorite ride at Epcot and I can't stand the wand. He has told me that every night right after the park closes the Imagineers start the ride up and go through it. He also told me about how the ending part of the ride was changing and about a touch screen in the vehicles and that the vehicles would be different colors.
    Would you happen to know if the entire ride system will be replaced with an updated version?

Quote Originally Posted by Phonedave View Post
    Well, if your parents can't teach you, maybe you can learn from a taser.

I should be seeing my friend tonight and I can ask him about the ride system. All I really now about is the vehicle changes that they are doing, I also believe that they are going to fix it to make it less jerky and more smooth. I know that is one of my biggest problems with the ride.

Thanks for the details, please keep us informed as you get more information about upcoming rehab! We're all VERY interested!

yep looking forward to these changes if they come to pass

I'll try to get as much information as I can and post it when I get it. I work at Disney too like my friend and starting Sunday I will be back to working at Epcot so I may be able to get more information about other happenings around the park.

I will be very happy when the wand comes down and they get rid of the grave yard out front.

• Banned User

[QUOTE=MickeyMoose;1563273]I will be very happy when the wand comes down and they get rid of the grave yard out front.[/QUOTE

hey, i dislike the wand... but the leave a legacy is not that bad.

if it needs to be moved do that, but not removed.

its a great gimic.. $25 for my face on a plaque on a marble slab! much cheaper than a tomb stone, and i can see it now

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast