Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Banned User

Any news on removing the Wand at epcot?

Does anyone have any new news on wether or not the ugly wand will finally come down from Spaceship Earth? They need to do something to celebrate Epcot Center's 25th. anniversary!

Re: Any news on removing the Wand at epcot?

From what I heard after the post show reopens, they will be closing Spaceship Earth for a extensive refurbishment, beginning this summer and lasting until October. Then come October when the ride reopens you can expect the wand to be gone.

• Banned User

i'm going to say, expect something next Sunday

otherwise no clue.....

Wasn't it Dr. Nigel Channing that had that line...

"One glove too many."

maybe they will sell the wand to some on bc if they dont then it goes in trash and some on may still get it

• Mouse Extra Dave

From what I have heard, they will NOT remove the wand. It may be changed, but not removed. Of course, I heard the opposite 3 months ago...
    "You are not the first to pass this way..."
    Mouse Extra
    feeding the Disney addiction daily
    http://www.mouseextra.com/

• Ardent WDW Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyMan4Ever View Post
    From what I heard after the post show reopens, they will be closing Spaceship Earth for a extensive refurbishment, beginning this summer and lasting until October. Then come October when the ride reopens you can expect the wand to be gone.

Where did you here this? I looked on the internet and this is the only place Ive heard that. I sincerely hope this is not true Im going this July and we have allways delt with the crowds in order to minimize the rehabs, and if this attraction joins the HM (which I understand why they are closing it since it needs to be up Halloween) that will be two of my top ten WDW attractions closed during my trips. I also cannot imagine Future World during the 4th of July week without an attraction with such a huge capacity closed at opening. If it is true, they better open WS at 9 too, because if it isnt Future World is going to be a madhouse.

• May the F=ma be with you

Quote Originally Posted by Touchdown View Post
    Where did you here this? I looked on the internet and this is the only place Ive heard that. I sincerely hope this is not true Im going this July and we have allways delt with the crowds in order to minimize the rehabs, and if this attraction joins the HM (which I understand why they are closing it since it needs to be up Halloween) that will be two of my top ten WDW attractions closed during my trips. I also cannot imagine Future World during the 4th of July week without an attraction with such a huge capacity closed at opening. If it is true, they better open WS at 9 too, because if it isnt Future World is going to be a madhouse.
    As far as I know, it is pretty well known although not officially announced.

Come October, maybe we shall se this:

Quote Originally Posted by Phonedave View Post
    Well, if your parents can't teach you, maybe you can learn from a taser.

• Ardent WDW Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by WDW Monorail View Post
    As far as I know, it is pretty well known although not officially announced.

Come October, maybe we shall se this:
    When and how long is it supposed to be?

• May the F=ma be with you

When and how long is it supposed to be?
    If I remember correctly, it shall close sometime in June and open in October.

Quote Originally Posted by Phonedave View Post
    Well, if your parents can't teach you, maybe you can learn from a taser.

Haunted Mansion's rehab has been announced, and it's very likely that Spaceship Earth will go down for rehab overlapping at least a portion of the Haunted Mansion rehab. It's speculated that as soon as Haunted Mansion's rehab is finished, they will rehab Jungle Cruise. The Jungle Cruise rehab may be pushed back until after the new year because if it wasn't, it would be closed for Thanksgiving, Christmas and the New Year. After the Jungle Cruise rehab, it will probably be Space Mountain. Space Mountain's rehab could be over a year.
    Co-Host of the WDW Fan Boys Podcast

• Banned User

I'll be really p***** off if they close Spaceship Earth during the SUMMER. They need to do these things AFTER Christmas and BEFORE the Spring Break high season. Idiots. WDW executives are idiots.

• Beware of Mutant Mickey!

Where did you here this? I looked on the internet and this is the only place Ive heard that.
    I heard it from a SSE cast member. Also confirmed the timeline of opening the post show and the rehab. In addition to the wand coming down, the neighborhood of vignettes is coming out and he said something about touch-screens in every seat. (I don't know why.)

Best hold on to Your Hats and Glasses, 'cause this heres the Wildest Ride in the Wilderness!

Quote Originally Posted by NickCharles View Post
    I'll be really p***** off if they close Spaceship Earth during the SUMMER. They need to do these things AFTER Christmas and BEFORE the Spring Break high season. Idiots. WDW executives are idiots.
    Disney can open and close rides whenever it feels necessary. It could even close for just the day you will happen to be there for any other reason they see fit. Your ticket in no way guarantees that the attraction will be open.

As far as Spaceship Earth goes, at park opening the lines are long because it's the first thing everyone sees so like lemmings they get in the queue line. Anytime, after the first hour or two that the park is open, you can pretty much, just walk right onto the ride. Closing the ride for the summer will not be that huge of an impact other than the first major building people pass will be closed.

People need to get a reality check in that these attractions DO NEED to come down for maintenance and refurbishment from time to time. People COMPLAIN when it doesn't happen and they COMPLAIN when it does happen, and then when it reopens they COMPLAIN again because what they thought would be worked on wasn't or because the rumor they heard about didn't happen. No matter what Disney does people tend to complain about it, they are never happy. Although Disney tries to keep attractions up and running, there comes a time when it absolutely has to come down and be worked on - if they just kept it up and running it could fall apart and become unsafe. Look at the Magic Kingdome, how many attractions are people complaining about there that need TLC? Way too many in my book, but as soon as refurbishment is announced or rumoured, they start complaining again because now it will be closed when THEY are there. You can close it anytime you want, just not the days I'm gonna be there mentality.

IF Spaceship Earth, or any attraction, is closed during your visit, sure it could be upsetting, but on the bright side you can look forwrad to seeing it on your next visit. In the past these refurbishments could be planned during the off seasons, well the reality is that Disney World no longer has a "busy season" per se. It's come to the point like the entire year is the "busy season" now. In the past summer was the busiest season, now you've got summer, Christmas, Spring Break, Easter, Halloween, and it goes on and on. Take the Haunted Mansion for instance, in the past it probably would have been closed during the slower winter months rather than what used to be the "main" busy season.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by ti2gr View Post
    Disney can open and close rides whenever it feels necessary. It could even close for just the day you will happen to be there for any other reason they see fit. Your ticket in no way guarantees that the attraction will be open.
    Yeah no kidding but doing it during the HIGH SEASON is a bit stupid. They should do things during the "off" or "value" seasons. If I were going to WDW during an "off" season, I wouldn't be so upset, I'd understand. But we also know that WDW executives generally have **** for brains too.

P.S. Saying there is no "off" season anymore is a cop out for them. If there was no "off" season anymore, there wouldn't be any "value" season rates at the resorts.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast