View Poll Results: Do you like the rumored Disney-Pixar Studios name?

Voters
94. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. I've found my moving buddy!

39 41.49%
  • No! You are a toy, you can't fly!

32 34.04%
  • Undecided. There's a snake in my boot.

23 24.47%
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Disney-Pixar Studios or Disney-MGM Studios?

In Al's update today, he discusses the temporary rumored name to replace the Disney-MGM Studios to be: DISNEY-PIXAR STUDIOS.

Do you guys like this new change? Embrace it? Hate it? I'm curious to read your thoughts.

To me, I'm okay with the name change but it seems a bit redundant. Pixar is owned by Disney, so the new name makes it sound like the entire park will be filled with Pixar and not so much Disney.

For further discussion, the attraction Toy Story Mania is already on its way as well as the Pixar Block Party Bash from DCA. What else would you all like to see from this new course of direction?

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Banned User

Re: Disney-Pixar Studios or Disney-MGM Studios?

The name change is ok in my books, pixar is a known brand, and not always associated with disney. on top of that, you know where many of the future pixar attractions will end up.

• Nutty about Disney parks

I think the Disney Pixar Studios name is more fit for California Adventure (which has more Pixar oriented stuff) than MGM studios. MGM Studios has a combination of disney, pixar, muppets, and non disney stuff. Why not call it the Variety Studios instead? lol

What will become of the "Great Movie Ride"? Hmm. The Great Pixar Movie Movie ride.

Quote Originally Posted by toonaspie View Post
    I think the Disney Pixar Studios name is more fit for California Adventure (which has more Pixar oriented stuff) than MGM studios. MGM Studios has a combination of disney, pixar, muppets, and non disney stuff. Why not call it the Variety Studios instead? lol
    I like Disney/Muppet Studios better but that just me. How about the Disney/Lucasfilm Studio? Get good old george to make more attractions?

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

It was going to happen one way or another. In Paris they just use the name Disney Studios (No MGM). Might help the park be a bit more popular with the kids. Not much that they can do to ruin the studios park. It is already a mess. Let's hope that John takes an interest since Pixar's name will be plastered all over the place. Then we'll see what he is really capable of.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• враг народа

Blog Entries

I say drop "Studios" for something else unless the studios start getting used again. The park needs a cohesive theme. It can't just be the place to throw crap because "it is based on a movie".

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by toonaspie View Post
    Studios needs help, it has disney influence, but the muppets are completely owned by disney and when used are used with the disney name, everything pixar is Disney-Pixar.... everything else is given

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey joe View Post
    I like Disney/Muppet Studios better but that just me. How about the Disney/Lucasfilm Studio? Get good old george to make more attractions?
    Lucas licenses his stuff to disney, but the focus of the park isn't his attractions... with disney-Pixar studios, the focus will most likely change.

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post
    It was going to happen one way or another. In Paris they just use the name Disney Studios (No MGM). Might help the park be a bit more popular with the kids. Not much that they can do to ruin the studios park. It is already a mess. Let's hope that John takes an interest since Pixar's name will be plastered all over the place. Then we'll see what he is really capable of.
    YAY! maybe he will see more potential here and bring more stuff into the world...

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    I say drop "Studios" for something else unless the studios start getting used again. The park needs a cohesive theme. It can't just be the place to throw crap because "it is based on a movie".

Yah, I feel that way too. Paris Studios is a bigger mess though. Florida's at least has the hollywood streets that I love.

And further more... Toy Story Mania isn't even really 'based' on the films it was inspired from.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Vehicle rotating backward

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey joe View Post
    What will become of the "Great Movie Ride"?
    Wrecking ball.

• Banned User

I hate both. I never liked "Disney-MGM" when the place was first built. It should just be the "Disney Studios" and that's that.

• ...TWO BITS!

As of now, I swing both ways. "Disney-Pixar Studios" or "Disney Studios".

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• The one, the only...

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post
    I agree. MGM is not known to today's kids. Pixar has a good reputation with kids, so I think it is a good name change. But for the old timers, Dorothy's slippers still cause a heart to skip a beat, but now it is time to look to the future.

But the park does need more. A name change will not fix the park. It really needs a thorough "re-think." I am not sure that John Lasseter is really going to get the time to look after Orlando if Disney starts planning on a third park. I would much rather plan a park from the ground up, than try to straighten out a mess of a park, even it Pixar is labeled everywhere.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• She was sweet as a peach

I will really miss the MGM part of the name. It gave it a classy vibe and fit well with the old Hollywood feel of the park. I do agree that the park is a bit of a mess. I have fond memories of the early years of the park.

This wouldn't have happened if Disney went ahead and made the Muppet Studios area and Roger Rabbit's Hollywood back in the 1990's. Disney lost their chance to stay with the studios theme.

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast