• Pilot EdForceOne

Disney Announces new Sports Arena for WWOS

http://www.miamiherald.com/416/story/55415.html

ORLANDO --
    (AP) -- Disney officials will announce the construction of a 70,000-plus square-foot arena Wednesday during a 10th-anniversary celebration for Disney's Wide World of Sports Complex.The Jostens Center will have more than 44,800 square feet of competition space, The Orlando Sentinel reported. It will feature six basketball courts, 12 volleyball courts, two roller hockey rinks, four locker rooms, two conference areas and two officials' rooms.
    The building is scheduled to open in fall 2008 at Disney's Wide World of Sports Complex.
    The Milk House, which is the complex's current indoor facility, has only 30,000 square feet of competition space.
    ''It will more than double our ability to host sports events,'' said Reggie Williams, vice president of Disney Sports Attractions. ``The Milk House is booked 50 out of 52 weekends a year. Now, we will be able to book another facility as frequently as the Milk House and, more importantly, have multiple events happen simultaneously.''
    The 220-acre complex, which is part of the Walt Disney World Resort, currently hosts more than 180 events a year.

Re: Disney Announces new Sports Arena for WWOS

Interesting. But is it really necessary? I was always under the impression the Wide World of Sports complex was already under used.

• Banned User

There's someone around here who calls this place Disney's Wide Waset of Space. Haha. I mean really....no kidding.

• Banned User

I like it. Sort of.
    I have good memories of seeing the Globetrotters on my birthday (in Dec)...haven't been at that time in years, so, meh, whatever.