Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Revamp The Great Movie Ride!

It seems to me alot of the scenes are getting old and boring in the ride. Like I mean some of them i never really loved like the western scene with John Wayne (not sure what movie it's from). So it brings me to this question. What scenes would you like to see removed? And what new scenes would you like in there place? Personally with the recent sucess of episode III i'd like to see a Star Wars scene.

• A Real Disney Attraction

I don't mind any of the scenes, I would just like to see the AAs cleaned up.

I think it's not the scenes per se as it is the narrative. I know they have tried to rework the spiels, but I would rather see them come out of the weeds and look at the big picture. The whole tram hijack is more "old" then any of the AA scenes.
    -Mike

• Don't Panic

i really do think that some of the scenes need to be changed and others updated. its a family park and when half the family has no idea whats going on in the ride, it loses its affect. now, movies like indy, oz, and fantasia you can keep. but some of the others like tarzan, and.........ok, see? i cant even name names of some of the movies i think should be taken out. i think adding some new scenes that can be recognized better by younger audiences while keeping some of the originals (updated, of course) can rejuvenate the ride. and, of course, some new dialogue for the CMs. last time i was there, we got hijacked by a rather overweight cowboy who wasnt too convincing.

and just for kicks, i think a great new scene would be the Luke/Vader/Palpatine scene in the emperor's throne room in Return of the Jedi. i think a scene like that could be brilliantly done. *drools*

• Banned User

Delaware...hopefully not for that much longer.
    I heard for quite a few years back in the 1990's that they were going to either renovate the Great Movie Ride or kill it altogether. Nothing has happened.

Quote Originally Posted by MotorBoatCruise2005
    I heard for quite a few years back in the 1990's that they were going to either renovate the Great Movie Ride or kill it altogether. Nothing has happened.
    couldn't the same be said about Spaceship Earth?

the two darkrides placed at the centers of each parks to represent them

and their fates are so similar

• Banned User

I think they only have luck with eateries in the main icon, like Cinderella Castle. LOL

But honestly, the Great Movie Ride needs to be updated quite a bit.

• far, far away from DL

I think a Star Wars scene would be great. Ahhh, just seeing that Vader suit would give me chills. But I wouldn't mind that. And have a sexy Han Solo would just complete it. As long as they don't put Jar Jar in the scene we'll be ok.

Sabrina

• Don't Panic

Quote Originally Posted by disneygirl
    I think a Star Wars scene would be great. Ahhh, just seeing that Vader suit would give me chills. But I wouldn't mind that. And have a sexy Han Solo would just complete it. As long as they don't put Jar Jar in the scene we'll be ok.

Sabrina
    haha, a guy in a jar jar suit hijacks your car/trolley/thing

and i definetly dont think they should just take out the ride. i still enjoy it even though it has become slightly dated. what they need to remove is the stupid hat so you can actually see the theater!!! but thats for a different thread...

• Banned User

update some movies to be classic disney movies maybe.... then you can even distant yourself from MGM....can somone say Muppet wizard of oz? (bad joke.. but it would work there...)

Supposedly the licsence with MGM expires shortly. As such, pretty much the entire ride might be reworked.

Quote Originally Posted by BackIntoYourSystem
    It seems to me alot of the scenes are getting old and boring in the ride. Like I mean some of them i never really loved like the western scene with John Wayne (not sure what movie it's from). So it brings me to this question. What scenes would you like to see removed? And what new scenes would you like in there place? Personally with the recent sucess of episode III i'd like to see a Star Wars scene.

There isn't just one license that is all inclusive. As, I think Kevin Yee, earlier pointed out the GMR has scenes from other studios other than Disney and MGM. With all of the other work needed around the park, and with the fact that they just spent money freshing the attractions up, I would hope they wouldn't be so short-sighted to shutter it.
    -Mike

Disney wants to close GMR. It has all those expensive AA's, after all. Why maintain them when you can put in a 90 second rolley coaster?

I'll have a good feeling about Iger, if he comes in and rips out the Big *** Hat and takes Mickey's Wand off SSE and starts getting serious about substance instead of Disney marketing style.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by ChiMike
    There isn't just one license that is all inclusive. As, I think Kevin Yee, earlier pointed out the GMR has scenes from other studios other than Disney and MGM. With all of the other work needed around the park, and with the fact that they just spent money freshing the attractions up, I would hope they wouldn't be so short-sighted to shutter it.

I heard most of those films in the ride were licenced individually.... so the ride will eventually have to go down to repalce movies... but not for a while longer....

Yes .. And that should be the more favorable option than simply gutting it. When was the last time Disney put more than 1 or 2 new AAs in an attraction though?!?! CTX?
    -Mike

Quote Originally Posted by ChiMike
    Yes .. And that should be the more favorable option than simply gutting it. When was the last time Disney put more than 1 or 2 new AAs in an attraction though?!?! CTX?
    Sounds about right. And think of how many AAs there are at WDW today vs. a decade ago and it will be very apparent what Disney thinks of one of its premier -- and costly -- technologies.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast