Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Super Old Guy

Re: Soarin vs Soarin over california

Check out this link - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x86FXNPNXDc

Someone did their version of Soarin' Over Florida. Pretty well done, and a good indication as to why Disney didn't do a Florida film.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by PatMN View Post
    I love the one at EPCOT. I couldn't imagine flying over Florida with their terraine. We were there last week and the lines were pretty long. The fast passes were used up very fast. I don't like heights, but find that if I sit in the front row, for me, it is a lot better than the last row. Maybe it is all the feet dangling in front of me.
    I am afraid of heights and I never had a problem until the last time I rode on it. I did a stupid thing and looked down. I was in the front row. After that I wanted to get off! I may go on again and see if it helps to look straight ahead. This was on DCA's version, and this problem was compounded by the fact that I started thinking, "What if there was an earthquake right now?" LOL I trip myself out so much sometimes.

But I think it's cool the east coasters have to see Disneyland at the end. I am so sick of having to see Disney Parks adds with the WDW castle. It is so nice to have force the WDW'ers to see our castle for a change! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by danyoung View Post

Someone did their version of Soarin' Over Florida. Pretty well done, and a good indication as to why Disney didn't do a Florida film.
    Agree. Thanks for posting that! Everyone here is cracking up. Love the ending! Whoever put this together did a very nice job.

• Super Old Guy

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    I am afraid of heights and I never had a problem until the last time I rode on it. I did a stupid thing and looked down. I was in the front row. After that I wanted to get off!
    If you're in the front (top) row, and sitting on the end, it's really easy to lean left or right a bit and look straight down. You just don't realize how high up you are! I don't have a problem with heights, so for me it's just a fun little belly tickle to look down.

• Banned User

Ever since I was a kid, I always got worried about my shoes falling off while being up that high.

Quote Originally Posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
    Not sure about this, but the kid's shirt in the video is still a Disneyland shirt.
    Yeah, it is...I've noticed that myself.

I enjoy waiting in the queue with first-timers and hearing them squeal with delight...

"Look, it's Puddy," followed usually by "Got a question, you ask the eight ball," or some kind of comment about "man fur" or "the move."

Very amusing.
    "When entering the theater, please move as far to the end of the row as possible. Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic." -Sam Eagle

"I may have invented these bifocals I'm wearing, but I can assure you they're not rose-colored" -Ben Franklin, The American Adventure

Thumbs down Re: Soarin vs Soarin over california

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    Oh I made it clear I knew we were over Disneyland at the end. I started bellowing, "WRONG PARK! WRONG PARK! WE SHOULD'VE TURNED LEFT AT ALBUQUEQUE!"
    I'm sure others around you loved hearing that.

Ugh... I wish people would just enjoy the attractions instead of throwing out some sarcastic remarks/stupid wise crack jokes everytime.
    -Wes

Yes both rides are the same. When I got off the ride this past summer I asked the CM what happened to DCA? He was like what are you talking about. I told him we landed around Disneyland in the ride. CM still thing I was being weird so I pulled him over and told him I just rode the something at Disneyland 4 mouths ago. I never heard some body laugh so hard.

Quote Originally Posted by BigPigletFan View Post
    I just do when people get really feet kicking happy!!! Me? I don't. I keep mine still because I know how much it bugs me when I'm in row 2 or 3.

One other major difference besides the building theming is that there is NO single rider line at Epcot.
    Don't get me started about the lack of a single rider line at the one at Epcot.
    I don't know why they don't have one considering they built the Q for it.

Quote Originally Posted by danyoung View Post

VERY well done video, but it just did not move me like the CA one does.

• Super Old Guy

That's the whole point. There just isn't enough cool scenery in Florida to make up a moving video.

• Movie buff, Disney nut.

Agreed. I was born in Plantation and raised all throughout the state and an hour driving across Alligator Alley from Pembroke Pines just doesn't have enough scenery to warrant another Omnimax film. Unless of course those alligators actually get up from the side of the road once in a while and perform a Busby Berkeley routine.

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by photogbs View Post
    Don't get me started about the lack of a single rider line at the one at Epcot.
    I don't know why they don't have one considering they built the Q for it.
    They had it and removed it. Most guests at WDW are families v. the more locals/APs at DLR so apparently at DLR guests can get in the line and not keep their party together as singles but at WDW they can't? [I mean, they do tell you when you get in the line and at the top of the line at TestTrack, no?]

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by BigPigletFan View Post
    They had it and removed it. Most guests at WDW are families v. the more locals/APs at DLR so apparently at DLR guests can get in the line and not keep their party together as singles but at WDW they can't?
    I don't understand that.. considering TT right across the way has single rider. I guess its because each ride cycle is so large, they can fill in the holes with groups quite easily. 4 'odd' groups can be in the same cycle, allowing a full other group to fill in the holes from the 'odd' groups, etc. Compared to smaller vehicles where its harder to fill to capacity each time.

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    I don't understand that.. considering TT right across the way has single rider. I guess its because each ride cycle is so large, they can fill in the holes with groups quite easily. 4 'odd' groups can be in the same cycle, allowing a full other group to fill in the holes from the 'odd' groups, etc. Compared to smaller vehicles where its harder to fill to capacity each time.
    I don't understand it either, but it is the only "reason" that sounds like a decision that was made as single riders at WDW often try to keep their parties together in the single rider lane.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast