• Reaver of Souls

Current Weather?

OK local folks, I'm slated to head to Orlando next Fri, but I'm hearing bad things about the weather. I don't want it to be raining the whole time... So what's the deal? Is it supposed to be raining/thundering? Is it going to suck if it's raining the whole time? Looking for some guidance here, because if I'm going to cancel/postpone, I need to do it now. Any help or input would be appreciated! Thanks!
    Honor those who fall under the sword.
    But pity the warrior who has slain all his enemies.

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries
    It rained when we were there last year. Think afternoon thunderstorms. Sometimes we had a little bit of rain in the evenings, but it was rare. Wear a poncho, and be prepared to be a little uncomfortable for part of each day. I would not say that the rain runied my trip, it only added a different dimension to the trip.
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

• Banned User

Greetings from Hawaii. I live in Florida, and this week you can expect scattered showers every day, only during parts of the day, with isolated severe storms. The reason for this is the tropical storm that is entering the Gulf of Mexico today. Although it doesn't affect most of the state, it does affect the weather quite a bit.

It's Florida. It's summer. It's a no-brainer. That means sticky, icky humidity, lots of heat, lots of thunder, lightning and rain with some occassional sun. EVERY DAY until October.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota
    Rain, rain rain, rain... and did I mention rain?

Florida summers suck. Too wet.

• Banned User

Today was "rain" with a 50% chance of even more rain yesterday....

Tomorrow.. Rain with a chance of wind...

next week.. some scattered storms related to 90 degree temps....

oh and bill will eventually return and cause another hurriciane to head for WDW...

but that wont happen for a long time.. maybe october...

(I need to work on my jokes..)

• Newbie.

Do the parks shut down during the downpours, or are there certain rides you should take advantage of while you're waiting out the showers?
    As nice as the other parks are, we must always remember that it all began at Disneyland. Disneyland should be the crown jewel in the Disney crown.

• Loves a tea party!

They do not shut down entire parks due to seasonal weather. Hurricanes may be a different story, but let's hope for none of that this year!
    Some rides will be down because of their outdoors location. Others will remain in operation with no problems.
    When we were there in 6/2003 there were torrential downpours some days. We were at the MK one afternoon when it was coming down really heavy and that was a good time to grab some food and sit down for awhile. Of course, there was a weather-related power-outage and the food-service CMs were unable to ring up orders for a good 20 minutes until they got the back-up generators going. After that, they were only able to serve certain menu items because they were unable to operate some of the cooking (frying?) equipment.
    If you go with the right attitude, it is no big deal.

• Newbie.

Thanks Allison
    As nice as the other parks are, we must always remember that it all began at Disneyland. Disneyland should be the crown jewel in the Disney crown.

• Banned User

most of the rides disney has at MK, Epcot, & MGM are indoors.. AK you ave a slight problem... cause most are outdoors.. so you have 2 options... bug or dino...

at MGM the stunk should might not happen during rains...

if any lightning happends within a 10 mile radius I think out door rides and shows do not happen.... only indoor ones will operate....